• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When is FIFA going to do something about it?

I read sometime ago that the agents threatened to sue FIFA if FIFA curtails their activities.

It makes me sick sometimes.

It's not like FIFA's hand is clean either

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

When is FIFA going to do something about it?

:lol:

Technically Kia isn’t really an agent anymore, don’t think he’s allowed to be one after his involvement in money laundering through Corinthians.

So he now runs an agency via proxy but is still free to take whatever percentage he wants because he plays both sides with the clubs and the players.

FIFA want to cap agents fees but it’s hard to see what’s stopping agents finding a loopholes like Kia has.

The reason he’s really sh*te from an Arsenal standpoint is that he’s not even giving us his best clients.

Bruno Guimares was the only one of his players who was a genuinely top level prospect but instead of helping us get him, he ended up sending him to Lyon but used our name to drive up the price. He’s playing us for fools.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

FIFA want to cap agents fees but it’s hard to see what’s stopping agents finding a loopholes like Kia has.
Yeah. Many agents are acting as go-between when brokering deals that's not even involved with their players.

Like for example, the Pepe deal was brokered by Mendez despite Mendez not being his agent.

FIFA needs to put a stop to that. It's one of the reasons transfer fees are spiralling out of control.

Raiola pocketed over 30 million from the Pogba deal. That's enough to get you one decent player.

Why TF do you still need intermediaries? Can't individual clubs negotiate the deals themselves?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. Many agents are acting as go-between when brokering deals that's not even involved with their players.

Like for example, the Pepe deal was brokered by Mendez despite Mendez not being his agent.

FIFA needs to put a stop to that. It's one of the reasons transfer fees are spiralling out of control.

Raiola pocketed over 30 million from the Pogba deal. That's enough to get you one decent player.

Why TF do you still need intermediaries? Can't individual clubs negotiate the deals themselves?

They do need representation solely because the clubs would take the p*ss in every negotiation with footballers. It’s rare you get a footballer these days who’s even completed a full education.

Guys like Raiola or Mendes though have a huge contacts book and are masters of strong arming clubs into paying that little bit more in wages or helping players force an exit through their press contacts.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I would kick all agents out of football but it's not gonna happen. Second best outcome, back to the old days - the agent gets paid by his client who is the player. Not the club.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
This thread is the epitome of what happens to people, when they get too much time to think. The virus really has gotten the best of us all. Move away from the computer, find a nice spot and breathe... football will be back and life will return to normal, and Arsenal will win football games.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This thread is the epitome of what happens to people, when they get too much time to think. The virus really has gotten the best of us all. Move away from the computer, find a nice spot and breathe... football will be back and life will return to normal, and Arsenal will win football games.
You logged in just to post this rubbish, Andre?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think it’s worth discussing this situation with us paying massive agents fees for a guy like Luiz.

I bet we paid massive fees for Pepe too, but you probably don’t mind paying big agent fees for a coup like that, but 6M agent fees for a trash washed up Chelsea player, for one season, are humongous.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do these agent fees shine a different light to us asking players to take a wage cut? Scandalous stuff being the only club asking players to take wage cut but we’re paying 6M to criminals.

We have also been told for years we have money saved for a rainy day but we’re throwing Özil under the bus because he wanted transparency before giving up 12% of his wages?

Now reports suggest Kroenke isn’t putting anything into the club either.

Have to say the way this forum turned against Özil was pretty disgusting, and it’s very off putting to share this forum with you guys tbh.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Do these agent fees shine a different light to us asking players to take a wage cut? Scandalous stuff being the only club asking players to take wage cut but we’re paying 6M to criminals.

We have also been told for years we have money saved for a rainy day but we’re throwing Özil under the bus because he wanted transparency before giving up 12% of his wages?

Now reports suggest Kroenke isn’t putting anything into the club either.

Have to say the way this forum turned against Özil was pretty disgusting, and it’s very off putting to share this forum with you guys tbh.

Been saying this for a while. AM has really gone downhill.

Been saying this for a while. AM has really gone downhill.

Yeah and I know you are somehow gonna blame me but I'm having none of it. All I have done is being honest and wanting changes at Arsenal for the better.

But all you do is sending me PMs asking me to loan you my wife's puffin costume. FFS. Again there is no sexual thing about puffins here in Iceland. We hunt them, stroke them, let them watch the sun for the final time and then we break their neck and rip their head off and put them on neckless which we put on us while climbing down Islands to the boat, that ferry us to the main Island where we smoke them and eat them. There is no costume. So please stop spamming my inbox with questions about puffin costume.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah and I know you are somehow gonna blame me but I'm having none of it. All I have done is being honest and wanting changes at Arsenal for the better.

But all you do is sending me PMs asking me to loan you my wife's puffin costume. FFS. Again there is no sexual thing about puffins here in Iceland. We hunt them, stroke them, let them watch the sun for the final time and then we break their neck and rip their head off and put them on neckless which we put on us while climbing down Islands to the boat, that ferry us to the main Island where we smoke them and eat them. There is no costume. So please stop spamming my inbox with questions about puffin costume.

Nope, wasn't aimed at you in anyway. I actually look at you as one of my best friends even though we have different views surrounding football. I know I began to struggle when it came to hunting puffins but you managed to make me better understand the hunting philosophies and why we do what we must.

Our first hunt at Látrabjarg was magical and I would never ask for your wifes puffin costume without your permission first and will not ask again. I wish you everything you'd want in life.

Fallout

10 million out of the 24 is luiz's wage, which shouldn't really count (unless the wage itself is above market value for similarly talented players).

14 million is still overpaying for a 1-year deal, sure, but it's not as bad as 24. just to be fair.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
I think it’s worth discussing this situation with us paying massive agents fees for a guy like Luiz.

I bet we paid massive fees for Pepe too, but you probably don’t mind paying big agent fees for a coup like that, but 6M agent fees for a trash washed up Chelsea player, for one season, are humongous.

It’s the ugly truth about modern football, that agents are paid massive fees on transfers. I detest it, but it’s the scary reality for all major clubs in the world.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6

But honestly I don’t know whether to cry or laugh, when the super users of AM accuse each other of being paid by the Kroenke family to put a positive spin on things on AM. You are 8-10 guys who have developed a meta-debate culture. You talk more about yourself than anything else. It’s starting to become tiring.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

Or, you know, this is something I and a few others have been pointing out about kia for a long while now and the Luiz story was the perfect opportunity to bring it back into the spotlight.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Popular opinion: 24m for 6 months David Luiz > 34M for 4 years Xhaka.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Or, you know, this is something I and a few others have been pointing out about kia for a long while now and the Luiz story was the perfect opportunity to bring it back into the spotlight.
I don’t blame you anything. But everything goes south, when the usual suspects enter the debate.

Top Bottom