Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 17, 2019.

?

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2020.
  1. Full-back

3.4%
  2. Centre-back

49.7%
  3. Central Midfield

45.3%
  4. Attack

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Sell the ****ing lot of them.

2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Finally someone who listens to me! :D

Seriously, if they can pull that off satisfactorily, I'll be over the moon.

[​IMG]

If they can manage to move Xhaka and Mustafi to make it happen, well....

American_Gooner likes this.
  3. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Saw a lazy link to Thomas Lemar earlier. Probably most likely to go to France, but could be a really smart signing for the right price.

4. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Martinelli plays where exactly?

5. truth_hurts

He's a teenager so he shouldn't be forced to play too much.

Lemar I'd want as an attacking mid anyway, although the idea of Isco is far more appealing. Lemar is a lot more realistic however.

I'd assume Torreria plays the Fernandino/Gundagon role with Ceballos and Lemar playing as brokes man version of one of the Silva' and KDB.

That said, we couldn't convince Lenar with Wenger here and knocking around the champions league spots - the question is, who has fallen off more? Us or him?

6. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

always thought dacoure is what we have needed, he is not a dm but a box to box who can defend very well but his powerful pacy drives forward are what we don’t have atm. Partner him with another box 2 box and a dm between them

Flying Okapis likes this.
  7. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Def him but I never thought he was that good anyway

8. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

He didn't light it up in Barca did he. Is he that good, im not sure. Martinelli needs as much game time as possible imo.

9. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

I mean we did convince Lemar it was just way too late in the day, he would've come but the deals were so late, especially with Lemar playing for France that same day.

It proved to be good that we didn't actually sign the kid considering the 92m price tag.

10. truth_hurts

To be honest, I think the Lemar rumour is a bullshit one. However, he is young, technical, versatile and talented. He also needs to rebuild his career. A move to Serie A would be more probable, but you never know.

11. HairSprayGooners

I mean it would be nice to have a decent crosser of the ball on one side and a Pepe on the other. Lemar is technically good.

Nobody really knows what we're going for until Arteta's first few games are out the way. Dont even care about the results as long as I see a specific style of play.

truth_hurts likes this.
  12. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to see what Lemar gets sold for, transfermarkt has his current value at €27mil, we were ready with 92mil, crazy what one good season can do to inflate a fee.

13. Divided_Pie

Divided_Pie Well-Known Member

Saka is a decent crosser of the ball. Needs time but he fits the bill. Assuming Martinelli eventually moves to striker I like the potential of S-M-P across the front.

Don't see why Lemar would be any kind of priority with the needs at CM, CB, and FB.

14. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

I like his versatility, which might be handy if he's less than £25m. Not a priority but certainly versatile.

15. truth_hurts

Immediate priority? No, but if we are trying to go to a possession based game, this is the type of player that we need. I doubt he'd be sold for less than 50m though.

16. HairSprayGooners

Yeah I get this as well to be fair. Priority must be CM and CB. By the end of Jan it would nice to have Partey/Ndidi and a centre back whilst clearing out some players.

For me if we can do it the priorities for this Jan are -

Selling Kolasinac (Who's out until Jan anyway) And bringing in a replacement
    Selling Xhaka and bringing in a replacement
    Selling Mustafi and bringing in a replacement

I'd say in that order as well. Left back purchase for obvious reasons, Tierney is out for a while. Desperately need a number 6 and CB as well. Not sure how well they can do it this window though, especially if they want Ndidi.

17. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Imagine wanting a player here and never caring to even spell his name right...

18. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

How pedantic can you be :lol:

El Duderino likes this.

#254 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I reckon he could reach close to Gnabry level with consistent playing. With a proper team around him, I couldn't rule out Mbappe levels or slightly below that. That's how much confidence I have in his ability.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  20. Newchange

Newchange Well-Known Member

I appreciate it’s a matter of opinion but lemar is the last thing we need. Weak physically and even weaker mentally.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Raicore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.