Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 17, 2019.

?

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2020.
  1. Full-back

3.4%
  2. Centre-back

49.7%
  3. Central Midfield

45.3%
  4. Attack

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newchange

Newchange Well-Known Member

I feel Freddie hasn’t set the tone for the team by trusting the youngsters. January should be about clearing the dead wood as mentioned and adding young talent where possible.

In:

Boubakary Soumaré
    William Saliba (Recall)
    Eddie Nkiteah (Recall)

Out:

Grant Xhaka
    Mesut Özil
    Skodran Mustafi

2. Goonerozil33

Goonerozil33 Well-Known Member

There is not much that will happen in January. We will be lucky if we can get rid of some of the players. And recallingplayers from loan is not a good idea. It sets a bad precedent for sending players out on loan in future.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  3. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Expecting one signing and one loan maximum. Hope we can continue to shift the deadwood too. Seen links re Kola, Mesut, Xhaka and Mustafi. All can leave.

4. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I've got a hunch Arteta is going to bring in that serious attitude to the club & players, won't have anytime for a few of our players & get them out as soon as he can. I reckon he'll get rid of Xhaka & Mustafi first, he'll probably give Özil a chance & try & get him back up there though. I wouldn't be surprised either if he finds a potential replacement for Auba he may get rid of him aswell.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  5. APierre

APierre You Wanna Come Out Here?

6. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

No ****ing way. What a christmas present this would be. Who is this Ian lad?

7. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Koulibaly is my pipedream signing. It'd be the sweetest of shocks if it happened, might not be able to contain myself from having a celebratory run down the street.

8. UpTheGunnerz

Koulibaly should not be possible for us to sign.

9. Aussie_gunner123

Why is that? Nothing is impossible, "if it can be dreamed it can be done."

10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Silly season has started. Pepe paid for in installments, but we'd be able to cough out close to 100m on buying Koulibailly, paying agents and sorting out singing in fees?!

Yeah right!

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  11. UpTheGunnerz

I am not talking about the price, ofc that part is possible, (just to make that clear), i'm more about the competition for his signature should be tremendous.

12. Aussie_gunner123

Fair enough, I still think we could potentially win the race for his signature though. Man United are pretty much in the same place as us atm, not at their peak, we are a more well known club then Sp**s world wide aswell I'd still say aswell.

13. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

Koulibaly is class but he is 29 in June, £100m for a 29 year old seems a luxury we just can't afford. Now if it's more like the £55m The Daily Star quotes then that's a whole different matter but I can't see him going for a fee that low.

14. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

If Arsenal is indeed interested, they'll probably attempt the cash + player route, as Napoli is supposedly interested in Torreira and Kolasinac.

Definitely a difficult move to pull off though. I wouldn't be surprised if PSG target him in the summer as a Thiago Silva replacement.

15. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

16. Hinderz

Hinderz Active Member

100% - great player but not the right move for us at this stage of our squad rebuild.

tcahill and Football Manager like this.
  17. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

What's his injury history like? Immediate reaction is no, but that question will feed into his longevity potential, and I do look at players like Chiellini and Thiago Silva.

18. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

I don't think we should put big money on ANYONE who is not capable of playing for a title winning team in 3-5 years. It would be a waste.

El Duderino and Football Manager like this.
  19. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

I agree with you. We need to rebuild and these are what we needed:

In:

Gouiri, Reinier Jesus, Chukwueze, Szoboszlai, Aouar, Ndidi, Tonali, Upamecano, Saliba, Bellanova, Plizzari

Out:

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, Mkhitaryan, Özil, Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi, Mavropanos, Luiz, Martinez

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  20. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

He works at the petrol station in Slough.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.