• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newchange

I feel Freddie hasn’t set the tone for the team by trusting the youngsters. January should be about clearing the dead wood as mentioned and adding young talent where possible.

In:

Boubakary Soumaré
William Saliba (Recall)
Eddie Nkiteah (Recall)

Out:

Grant Xhaka
Mesut Özil
Skodran Mustafi

Goonerozil33

There is not much that will happen in January. We will be lucky if we can get rid of some of the players. And recallingplayers from loan is not a good idea. It sets a bad precedent for sending players out on loan in future.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've got a hunch Arteta is going to bring in that serious attitude to the club & players, won't have anytime for a few of our players & get them out as soon as he can. I reckon he'll get rid of Xhaka & Mustafi first, he'll probably give Özil a chance & try & get him back up there though. I wouldn't be surprised either if he finds a potential replacement for Auba he may get rid of him aswell.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Koulibaly is my pipedream signing. It'd be the sweetest of shocks if it happened, might not be able to contain myself from having a celebratory run down the street.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I am not talking about the price, ofc that part is possible, (just to make that clear), i'm more about the competition for his signature should be tremendous.
Fair enough, I still think we could potentially win the race for his signature though. Man United are pretty much in the same place as us atm, not at their peak, we are a more well known club then Sp**s world wide aswell I'd still say aswell.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Koulibaly is class but he is 29 in June, £100m for a 29 year old seems a luxury we just can't afford. Now if it's more like the £55m The Daily Star quotes then that's a whole different matter but I can't see him going for a fee that low.

If Arsenal is indeed interested, they'll probably attempt the cash + player route, as Napoli is supposedly interested in Torreira and Kolasinac.

Definitely a difficult move to pull off though. I wouldn't be surprised if PSG target him in the summer as a Thiago Silva replacement.

ChefMan21

What's his injury history like? Immediate reaction is no, but that question will feed into his longevity potential, and I do look at players like Chiellini and Thiago Silva.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
100% - great player but not the right move for us at this stage of our squad rebuild.
I agree with you. We need to rebuild and these are what we needed:

In:

Gouiri, Reinier Jesus, Chukwueze, Szoboszlai, Aouar, Ndidi, Tonali, Upamecano, Saliba, Bellanova, Plizzari

Out:

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, Mkhitaryan, Özil, Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi, Mavropanos, Luiz, Martinez

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom