Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 17, 2019.

?

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2020.
  1. Full-back

3.4%
  2. Centre-back

49.7%
  3. Central Midfield

45.3%
  4. Attack

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goonger

Goonger Active Member

It seems Napoli & Liverpool are the front runners for him, Liverpool have been tipped to make either a January or summer move, fuelled after Klopp spoke to him directly after Liverpool played Gent & said that Berge is a very interesting player.

However, they are stocked in midfield. Liverpool could afford to ease him in, but he would have limited game time. We would need him to come good a lot sooner, but he would also get more game time with us.

2. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Norwegian's, I'm a big fan of Kris Ajer. Think he can be a top top CB.

GoonerJeeves and Rex Banter like this.
  3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

He’s got some great fundamentals, absolute unit and strong in the tackle.

Whenever I’ve watched him he’s had shocking games though, like the recent cup final :lol:

I’m going to try and watch more games though, as he’s clearly got a good base to be working from. Their young right back Frimpong looks a talent as well.

What you saying @bingobob ?

4. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I really like Ajer but you're right he has become accident prone recently. A worrying trait when he should be more composed and assured. I'm not sure if its error prone or simply he has out grew the Scottish game and is overly assured and thus making more mistakes when he should be focused on the basics.

Frimpong looks amazing. Hard to believe City let him go so cheaply. Came through the City ranks from the age of 10 and moved to Celtic for 350k. An absolute bargain by all accounts.

American_Gooner and Rex Banter like this.
  5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

350k for a 10 year old?

6. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Get Adama traore. Imagine him and Pepe on the wings

billyf likes this.
  7. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

just No

8. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

9. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

They were after Lacazette not too long ago...

American_Gooner likes this.
  10. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Adama Traore still bang average technically, passing is below poor. Suits this Wolves system because he basically just runs down the wing and crosses it.

Rex Banter likes this.
  11. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I like Lemar as a player a lot. Don't think an attacking midfielder should be our priority this window though.

North5 likes this.
  12. Rex Banter

That’s pure b*llocks, they’ll cut their losses right now and sell for 25M.

I’m probably the worst Atletico fan to ask seen as I love Tommy but I think he’s been totally misused by Simeone.

The main system of pressing we’ve come up against is teams matching our formation and pressing us high and marking man to man.

Often they’ll send blocks of four after whoever has the ball out on the byline, completely cutting out the passing lanes from the back four to the wide players as you can see below and completely choke their service. Lemar’s in the square just above the centre circle.

[​IMG]

To negate this, the obvious strategy is to bring the wide players inside and create overloads in the middle to disrupt the press.

When we have say Koke or Saúl on the flanks this isn’t an issue as they’re more than happy playing in the middle. Lemar though struggles in the middle of the pitch, he’s a winger who is great at beating his man and putting lethal balls into the box or running into space.

Playing such a rigid attacking pattern means he’s completely useless for us, he hasn’t been great but in the right system still think there’s a great player in there.

tcahill, BenTal, lufere7 and 9 others like this.
  13. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Ajer can be good, but he is no VVD. I used to watch Celtic a lot under Deila. And the talent of VVD was totally obvious. Surprised that none of the big clubs picked him up. Southampton got it right.

Gooner416 and Rex Banter like this.
  14. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Exactly why Nemanja Matic is needed.

<<reed>> and El Duderino like this.
  15. Rex Banter

F*ck off. :lol:

We already have too many midfield cloggers on our books. I’ll cry if we end up with Matic.

16. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Terry Hurlock is signing, so we don't need another geriatric.

17. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

In another thread, I was told Shelvey would be an adequate midfield replacement for Xhaka.

18. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

He should go to Sp**s. Harry is there.

19. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

20. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

Traore is a stud tbf. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.