• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimT

The 19 years old Turkish CB for FC Schalke 04 is highly promising and is in incredible form since his return from injury back in November.

Another youngster who is competing for the Turkish NT Euro 2020 squad. He is no lesser quality than the other two young Turkish centre backs: Caglar Soyuncu (LCFC) and Merih Demiral(Juventus). He is quick, agile, great in the air, can dribble and pass with great accuracy. He came from the youth rank of Galatasaray and promoted to the senior team at the age of 18 last year. He played only a dozen games for Galatasaray senior team and he was brought into VFB Stuttgart during the January window of the same year. He earned the rookie of the year award in Bundesliga while he scored 3 goals. Because of the transfer clause related to VFB Stuttgart's relegation, Ozan Kabak left VFB Stuttgart when FC Schalke 04 made an offer in the summer. He was injured prior to the start of the season but he is back since the start of the month of November. He scored 3 goals and provided 1 assist in the last 7 games he played for FC Schalke 04 since his return. Because of his rapid rise to fame and consistent high level performance, his market value is up but still can be brought into Arsenal under £25M.

Arsenal may offer Mustafi and some cash for Ozan Kabak. Better to have one great promising CB than someone who is not performing at the desired level yet pocketing a lot of money.

Last edited:

MikeVinna

Established Member
I’d just really like to see Mustafi and Xhaka leave in January.. If we upgrade on those two players by bringing in a proper CB and a mobile CM that can pass from deep then we’re already in much better shape.

Considering Tierney is out for a long time I do wonder if the club will be tempted to buy a LB or if they’ll gamble on Kola returning quickly. It’s a tough one considering we could end up with 3 first team LB’s. Maybe an academy player is the best option. Medley can play there right?

I think for the fans the key is to not expect too much from this transfer window. We won’t be reshaping the squad. Arteta will need some time to make up the balance of who he can use for his system and who he cant..

Crocrodile

Well, we need a clearout first and foremost.
Xhaka and Mustafi have to go.
Sokratis, Luiz

Özil, Auba and Laca situations will have to be monitored.
All 3 could come alive under Arteta if we start playing sumptious stuff.

Then, you have multiple positions that should be filled through time.

Pressing need however would be a FB who has the ability to play on both sides. Benjamin Henrichs is the one I like but he is probably unattainable. Why such a player? To push both Bellerin and give us more breathing room given that both our LBs our injured.

Then, the two big ones are LCB and a smart physical CDM/CM.
Probably going to get neither of those in the winter window.

All other things should be looked at accordingly and filled mostly with high potential players acquired on lower fees.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree if we got money from mustafi who is surely gone and xhaka who is likely too then we can get 1 -2 good players

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If they sell they’ll buy and I imagine a LB is a priority, even if it’s a loan.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This might be the only the transfer window in my time as an Arsenal fan where the thought of getting rid of players excites me more than buying players.

I suspect we'll focus on the summer window to address the chronic problems in the team. The kind of players who will actually make a difference are important parts of their current teams, difficult to get them mid-season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Despite Raul's comment, with Edu being in the fold now, maybe our January window could be influenced more heavily from his end?

If Edu feels we need x y z, we could get it?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Despite Raul's comment, with Edu being in the fold now, maybe our January window could be influenced more heavily from his end?

If Edu feels we need x y z, we could get it?
We spent already 130m in summer we won't spend more money unless we sell the squad is full of dross let's sell first

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It would be easy to panic buy because of the terrible form we're in.

I hope we don't buy any old body. Need to get this right.

Sydney-Gooner

Sell Xhaka for €30-€40 million and use that to pay off Özil so he can join Fenerbahce on a free.

That way you get rid of two turds with one flush and in the process clear around £450,000 a week on wages.

WiscoGooner8

Sell Xhaka for €30-€40 million and use that to pay off Özil so he can join Fenerbahce on a free.

That way you get rid of two turds with one flush and in the process clear around £450,000 a week on wages.

How does buying out Özil’s contract solve anything? Considering we would pay the contract in full, it doesn’t really clear his salary off the books. Either way we are stuck with that weekly 350k unless someone buys him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom