• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney-Gooner

How does buying out Özil’s contract solve anything? Considering we would pay the contract in full, it doesn’t really clear his salary off the books. Either way we are stuck with that weekly 350k unless someone buys him.

Nobody's stupid enough to buy him so I don't see what other choice we have. Need to get his salary off the books one way or another and we can use Xhaka's transfer to do that. Think of it as transfer fee to get rid of a player instead of getting one in.

WiscoGooner8

Nobody's stupid enough to buy him so I don't see what other choice we have. Need to get his salary off the books one way or another and we can use Xhaka's transfer to do that. Think of it as transfer fee to get rid of a player instead of getting one in.
Right, but it doesn’t get his salary off the books. It’s the same amount of money wasted whether we buy out his salary or have him on the team until his contract runs out... Might as well use him when optimal. Plus he still has some commercial value to the team...

ChefMan21

Is there any good LB that can also cover as RB? That seem like it would be money well spent.
de Sciglio might not break the bank? I suppose it becomes a question of 'next big thing' v 'good squad player'. Inclined to think we have other priorities in the squad than fullbacks?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
de Sciglio might not break the bank? I suppose it becomes a question of 'next big thing' v 'good squad player'. Inclined to think we have other priorities in the squad than fullbacks?

Saka performance today suggests he can slot in there when needed so that's a positive.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Is there any good LB that can also cover as RB? That seem like it would be money well spent.

Isn't it more like we need RB who can cover LB? Bellerin with his injury is risky for the future. Tierney should likely be fine. Chambers is needed as a CB?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Florenzi is being linked with Sp**s, Fiorentina & Sevilla.

He could be the perfect utility player at fullback & across the midfield. If he could regain previous form beats out Hector.

Seen loan & €25m mentioned.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Florenzi is being linked with Sp**s, Fiorentina & Sevilla.

He could be the perfect utility player at fullback & across the midfield. If he could regain previous form beats out Hector.

Seen loan & €25m mentioned.
Florenzi has too many injury problems lately wouldn't be bad deal on loan and i think we should consider getting Marcelo on loan too from real madrid

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wonder if there are any solutions to our issues in Brazil? Education seems to love a Brazilian signing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wouldn't mind Vincius or Soares for the attack, but no idea on Brazilian full backs or box to box midfielders.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Xhaka and possibly Torreira/Özil are leaving in January and there’s zero links to a DM or AM at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom