• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Don't really see the point

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Don't really see the point
Mertens can bring alot of things we missing he very good player and direct his age could be problem with many young wingers we got we have to focus more on midfield and defense

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Can't see any big moves incoming this Jan. I wouldn't be surprised if we shipped Xhaka and brought no one in.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Even if both get sold I can't see us brining anyone in.

Xhaka may even stay till the summer.
I think selling both will give us extra 40M to get 1-2 players in. I think xhaka is gone Hertha Berlin seem desperate to sign him

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I think selling both will give us extra 40M to get 1-2 players in. I think xhaka is gone Hertha Berlin seem desperate to sign him

Yeah I mean that's in an ideal world. Just not sure who we can get in to replace them, could we afford Partey's release clause in full, would he still want to join? Upamecano will cost over 70M now.

It'll be really tough.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Didn't they try Upamecano in the closing days of last window? This suggests they can spend, we have the Iwobi money at least?

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Didn't they try Upamecano in the closing days of last window? This suggests they can spend, we have the Iwobi money at least?

We did yeah, but his value has probably gone up since he's back starting regularly for RB and playing well.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Upamecano not moving the guy challenging for Bundesliga and in CL next round

drippin

I don't mean he is moving, probably in the summer (one year left) unless he renews. I just meant Arsenal will likely try to sign 1-2 players in January.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We did yeah, but his value has probably gone up since he's back starting regularly for RB and playing well.
He has a release clause which is going down in value by each year apparently. We can get him for what we bid for him last summer (around 50m iirc) in January reportedly

drippin

We can focus a bit more on the youngsters, but why should we write anything off yet? Because surrendering is the mentality that thrives in top level sports?

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

He has a release clause which is going down in value by each year apparently. We can get him for what we bid for him last summer (around 50m iirc) in January reportedly

That has to be paid in full though rather than instalments. Anyway the reports say Emery wanted him but Raul went another path right? So we may not be interested anymore.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Any player sold will be replaced, although maybe not like for like. If Xhaka is sold I could see them bringing in someone closer to Özil than Xhaka in terms of style.

Sydney-Gooner

Actually excited to see if we have a clear out this January. We need a rebuild and to go with youngsters for the rest of the season. Just write this off.

I concur we desperately need a clear out of the dross. If we could do that plus get Max Aarons in for around £30 million that would be ideal. Can't really expect much more than that.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd be very happy of a clear out of players who either don't want to be here or aren't good enough. Play the hungry players and kids for the season and empty the clip in the summer.

Losing Sokratis, Xhaka, Mustafi, Aubameyang and Lacazette could give us a chance to develop a young exciting team, with a solid spine.

I wonder if Arteta could bring in a couple of city cast offs as well to help with the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom