• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
please...

Assuming Leicester get Champions League next year, and we don't...could we even afford him?

Unless Raul just walks into the meeting with Leicester like this...

tumblr_mvt1dp9XfK1sfmaido1_400.gif

pikey2000

Not sold on Maddison, don't see anything outstanding about him, i could be completely wrong, just not seeing what everyone else is seeing.

Not saying he wouldn't improve us as that isn't difficult at present BUT not for the sort of money he is likely to cost us. Just my take.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Arsenal is trying to sign Stones, shouldn't it comfort you to know that nobody on the planet knows John Stones and his capabilities any better than Mikel Arteta?
I don't think he's a better defender than Luiz to be honest. Luiz is better aerially and physically.

The only way he matches Luiz is at passing and playing out from the back

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Would be happy with Stones. He is miles better than our current crew and can still progress.

Plus, he would be an experienced fit alongside Saliba, rather than throwing another 20-21 year old out there as some have been wanting. And he has the experience of winning a couple of Premier League titles. That's a valuable asset. Obviously a good fit for what Arteta wants to do.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sold on Maddison, don't see anything outstanding about him, i could be completely wrong, just not seeing what everyone else is seeing.

Not saying he wouldn't improve us as that isn't difficult at present BUT not for the sort of money he is likely to cost us. Just my take.

I see him as another Ross Barkley, tbh

TornadoTed

Established Member

I agree, another £30-40m player who is being quoted at £80-90m because of the stupid amount of money floating around in the Premiership since the last TV deal and the fact he is English.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don't think he's a better defender than Luiz to be honest. Luiz is better aerially and physically.

The only way he matches Luiz is at passing and playing out from the back

Well, from an analytic standpoint (I won't share them because people freak out), Stones has been astronomically better than Luiz this year. He also passes the eye test better for me.

But then the important thing is what Arteta thinks.

#Davido

Would be happy with Stones. He is miles better than our current crew and can still progress.

He’s comfortable on the ball(for a Brit), and can pass but he’s not a great out and out defender nor organiser. We need to find someone that can do all three.

We need a Mertesacker that can run.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Challenge for @Riou and anyone else that wishes to take it up - an Arsenal eleven containing only one signing per transfer window since it was introduced.

e.g you could have Adebayor but then not pick Walcott or Diaby.

Should see some varied teams here if enough people jump on it

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Challenge for @Riou and anyone else that wishes to take it up - an Arsenal eleven containing only one signing per transfer window since it was introduced.

Lehmann (free agent signed in March, if he doesnt count then Warmuz)
Eboue-Campbell-Gabriel-Nacho
Kallstrom-Elneny
Walcott-Arshavin-Reyes
Auba
...wanted Diaby in, but this is probably the best imo.

Thought it was just the January window, oh well, stand by my team :lol:

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member

GK – Bernd Leno 18/19

DL – Nacho Monreal 12/13

DC – Laurent Koscielny 10/11

DC – Per Mertesacker 11/12

DR – Bacary Sagna 07/08

ML – Alexis Sanchez 14/15

MC – Gilberto Silva 02/03

MC – Cesc Fabregas 03/04

MR – Alexandr Hleb 05/06

SC – Van Persie 04/05

SC – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 17/18

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Well, from an analytic standpoint (I won't share them because people freak out), Stones has been astronomically better than Luiz this year. He also passes the eye test better for me.

But then the important thing is what Arteta thinks.
I would be interested, actually. I miss the analytics. Good starting point for a discussion if people dont act like spastics as soon as they are brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom