Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Dec 17, 2019.

?

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2020.
  1. Full-back

3.4%
  2. Centre-back

49.7%
  3. Central Midfield

45.3%
  4. Attack

1.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

The great Shebby Singh once said that England should play Gerrard at Right Back.

2. Oxeki

Oxeki Well-Known Member

Like I said sometime ago, we should cash in on Auba and Laca for £100m and Elneny, mustafi, mkhi and other Deadwood for £50m and a further £50 from the club's coffers and we have 200m for the summer we can invest in defense, midfield and attack

:drool:

James Bond likes this.
  3. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Whilst Carrick was a very good player not a patch on Scholes or Milner for me. Wenger was a big fan if I remember correctly? Think we were linked with him before united?

4. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

According to Carrick we pulled the plug on the deal after Cesc dominated the Community Shield. Mistake looking back on it.

5. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

We had Vieira, Gilberto, Edu and Cesc at the time though...Carrick was a great player, but don't think we needed him at the time, just not meant to be...needed him in summer 2005 though, but at that point he was at Sp**s unfortunately.

6. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Yeah and the deal was believed to be around 2.5m.

celestis and Rex Banter like this.
  7. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Cesc was still a kid though, Carrick in the post Vieira years would’ve helped massively.

Toby Andrl and Riou like this.
  8. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with that Ukranian lad in defence and Lemar on loan to be honest. Splash the cash in the summer on a Xhaka and an Aubameyang replacement.

9. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I would be happy too, that would be about as good as we could have hoped for in January.

Lemar has lost his way but he had World class potential not that long ago, on loan with an option it's a no risk, possible high reward signing.

Matviyenko is pretty highly rated and at a good age.

10. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

Ivan Drago + Lemar would be a great window. I'm skeptical it can happen though.

11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Great? None of us knew the Ukrainian lad until 2 days ago. Could be a donkey for all we know.

While Lemar has struggled badly at Atlético.

Not signings that will get me on the edge of my seat, more the “I hope they come good one day” type vibe.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  12. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

[​IMG]

Vanfrothan likes this.
  13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Arsenal will continue make these signings and you know why? Raul and co dont even have to convince fans about them. You already have people on her calling it great signings, 10/10 windo, etc.

14. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

if we brought him back on loan for the rest of the season, I would be thrilled, not because he would make much difference, but because I so want to see we still have a heart and a soul

15. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

i think he's talking about a testimonial which i think we'd all like to see?

African Flair likes this.
  16. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Would walk straight back in to our match day squad.

17. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

You'd imagine Arteta knows better than some semi-professional youtube highlight scouts on this board. I'd trust it to be a good player in a position we desperately need.

18. Arsenio Venger

Arsenio Venger Well-Known Member

Are we getting both Mykola and Mari?

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Thr cheaper one.

20. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I don't care if he's cheap as long as he's good player ( played for the best team in Brazil and got in their league team of the year) and is an upgrade on our current liability of LCB in Luiz.

Give me another Holding for 2m or Kos for 8.5m rather than spending 30m+ on claminty error prone CB like Maguire, Mangala, Mustafi or the rumoured Koulibaly and Upamecano.

asukru, Arson Finger, lamby22 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.