• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our new transfer policy is ****ing sh*te.

Why the **** are we being forced to buy mediocre players. Does this have anything to do with Kia.

Since Raul came, we don't even bother to do proper scouting anymore. All we do is react to the market and let agents nudge us toward certain bum players.

If we continue down this path, we'd probably be having a squad full of Deadwoods and mustafi-type players that we'll be struggling to shift 4 years from now

Manberg

Predator

Why the **** are we being forced to buy mediocre players. Does this have anything to do with Kia.

Since Raul came, we don't even bother to do proper scouting anymore. All we do is react to the market and let agents nudge us toward certain bum players.

If we continue down this path, we'd probably be having a squad full of Deadwoods and mustafi-type players that we'll be struggling to shift 4 years from now

I'm worried. Edu and Raul only seem to be dealing with players who's agents are in their networks. That can't be what's best for the club.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Realistic price of him is that plus another £50m or so. Everton today rejected £85m for Richarlison. Speaks volumes about the price of buying players, espescially in January.
Barca would be foolish to buy Richarlison for £85m. Their DOF is probably a Madrid fan

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

We do scouting and it's good to know good agents because making deals easier the players we bought this summer all good and this window are only loan because we need depth i don't see anything wrong with our policy so far.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I'm worried. Edu and Raul only seem to be dealing with players who's agents are in their networks. That can't be what's best for the club.
Yeah, it's ****ing pathetic. Kurzawa and Cedric. Come on. He isn't even better than our current option in right back.

I first predicted that Raul going into bed with Kia could cause us some damage and it's increasingly looking likely that my prediction is coming to pass.

These agents don't give a Fu*k about us. They only care about the $$$

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We do scouting and it's good to know good agents because making deals easier the players we bought this summer all good and this window are only loan because we need depth i don't see anything wrong with our policy so far.
Kurzawa and Soares FFS

Underhill

Realistic price of him is that plus another £50m or so. Everton today rejected £85m for Richarlison. Speaks volumes about the price of buying players, espescially in January.
Jesus christ. Is there a good source for the Richarlison rejection? That is bonkers.

say yes

forum master baiter

Huh? Which mediocre players have we been forced to buy recently? Our business last summer was great, and we’re just loaning Mari and Soares this window.

Particularly weird comment given that a transfer strategy which fills the squad full of deadwood and (literal) mustafis is exactly what we used to do until the current bunch joined the club.

A Denis Suarez type January loan might not work out but we were stuck with him for a fraction of the time that we were (and indeed, in some cases, remain) stuck with gimps like Gabriel and Elneny.

Manberg

Predator
Huh? Which mediocre players have we been forced to buy recently? Our business last summer was great, and we’re just loaning Mari and Soares this window.

Particularly weird comment given that a transfer strategy which fills the squad full of deadwood and (literal) mustafis is exactly what we used to do until the current bunch joined the club.

A Denis Suarez type January loan might not work out but we were stuck with him for a fraction of the time that we were (and indeed, in some cases, remain) stuck with gimps like Gabriel and Elneny.

What other top club goes about their business looking for loan deals? We need big investment on quality players who Arteta can work with in the future.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
What other top club goes about their business looking for loan deals? We need big investment on quality players who Arteta can work with in the future.

Context. It’s Jan and we sit 10th.

There in no quality out there in January unless you really overpay, which we can’t/won’t, top players typically don’t switch leagues/clubs in Jan in years of major tournaments, and we have no reason to overpay to get them in now even if someone was willing to move as the season is over basically.

Nah, I’m fully behind the way they’re going about it. Find some experienced cover on loan for defense and give Arteta the rest of the season to see what he has and get the RIGHT upgrades over the summer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think people are going to be in for a shock in the summer when we don’t buy a CB.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I think people are going to be in for a shock in the summer when we don’t buy a CB.
I dont think so.
  • Saliba and Mari are the CB signings.
  • We have Holding and Mavro (most likely loaned) and Chambers coming back.
  • Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis as the senior CBs.
Unless we sell Mustafi (doubtful) and Sokratis, I think Luiz, Saliba, Mari and Chambers/Holding are going to be deemed enough.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I dont think so.
Unless we sell Mustafi (doubtful) and Sokratis, I think Luiz, Saliba, Mari and Chambers/Holding are going to be deemed enough.

Well I agree with what you said, but most people think we’re going to “go big” for a defender in the summer.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I dont think so.

Nah I think we'll go for one more. Mustafi will go, and I think Mari will go back as well. Holding maybe on loan or sold, same Chambers and Sokratis could go as well.

Manberg

Predator
Context. It’s Jan and we sit 10th.

There in no quality out there in January unless you really overpay, which we can’t/won’t, top players typically don’t switch leagues/clubs in Jan in years of major tournaments, and we have no reason to overpay to get them in now even if someone was willing to move as the season is over basically.

Nah, I’m fully behind the way they’re going about it. Find some experienced cover on loan for defense and give Arteta the rest of the season to see what he has and get the RIGHT upgrades over the summer.

We won't get the investment needed in the summer either. You wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom