Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets/Mates: Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by DanDare, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Which position would you invest the most in this summer?

1. CB

16.6%
  2. CM

74.2%
  3. LW

3.7%
  4. CF (Auba/Laca replacement)

3.1%
  5. Bellerin Upgrade

2.5%
  1. Oxeki

Oxeki New Thread Merchant

@American_Gooner @say yes @yousif_arsenal @Riou

American_Gooner and Riou like this.
  2. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

If you own a business (because that's what we are to him) that's already making you huge profits, why would you pump millions of your own money into that business? As long as we're making him money he doesn't care at all, and he'll be here until we're no longer financially viable for him.

3. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Oxeki likes this.
  4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Remember when we were linked with Thomas Partey?

I take it that season ticket renewal is done then?

6. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

Amen to that!

Partey would be nice though ;)

James Bond and dashsnow17 like this.
  7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Get rid of the old guys, non performers, big earners etc, sign or promote youth who will be young, cheap, on low wages etc, for a year or two under a new young hands on manager like Arteta, is my short term idea. Basically develop a new Arsenal cycle, let’s become a Dortmund or a Leicester.

I see it as a detox of sorts. A new young team, a new culture, new energy, hungry players.

This takes a sacrifice of sorts though, fans in the short term will have to give up these ideas of CL football, big signings and accept for a couple of years there will be growing pains.

We’re miles behind the top clubs, but we’re also miles behind the clubs who develop and sell like Dortmund as they have a clear culture and model which is working.

8. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

It seems that we've all came to terms with the fact that we won't be competing for the title next year, so next year is about building something for the season after.

In Arteta's defence (I'm not sold on him), he needs a chance to develop the teams spine. Only Leno is of the required level and even he's streets behind Alison and Ederson.

We have a host of young and young ish talent at full back, out wide and also in the central attacking roles. We need a boost in central areas as our experienced players play here, but they aren't delivering. I'd live to see a clear out of some (even all of bar the last name) of Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding, Xhaka, El Nenny, Özil and Lacazette.

One elite level cb and cm transforms the functionality of our team in my opinion provided we keep Auba. It might take 2 summers, but I'm prepared to wait. I have faith in Salibah, Guendouzi and Snith-Rowe developing into starters in the next 3 years.

9. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

The only player of the required level is Auba. Leno is in the same bracket as the rest of the squad.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  10. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Very harsh reviews of some of our players:

PEA - WC

Lacca - amongst the top CFs in the league.

Leno - Was one of top 3 best GKs in the league this season.

Kola & Tierney - ability wise they are easily top 5 LBs in the league but have had injury issues.

Chambers - Displayed great form both at RB and CB and was our beet defender ubtill his injury.

Torreira - When he has be given the opportunity to peform at DCM he has peformed well. Just needsArteta to show faith in and give a run of games.

Saka and Martinelli- The two best performing teenagers in the PL this season.

tcahill and Camron like this.
  11. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

12. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

El Duderino and American_Gooner like this.
  13. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

14. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

American_Gooner and Riou like this.
  15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

American_Gooner likes this.
  16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Didn’t see Laca in midfield :lol:

I bet @Oxeki will call him the best midfielder he’s seen after Laca throws his backside about.

Oxeki likes this.
  17. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

18. hydrofluoric acid

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

:rofl:

20. hydrofluoric acid

Hahahaha because he has no stamina. This is so funny!!!!

Tir Na Nog likes this.