• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

Midfield three of

Cabellos. Partey. Grealish

David brooks could be a cheaper alternative to grealish. Missed all this season and only just came back but he is class, good passer, drives at a defense can shoot and works hard. Plays mainly as a winger but imo would be perfect in a midfield 3.

Amn. Cb. Saliba. Iron bru
Brooks. Partey. Cabellos
Pepe. Eduourd. Pea.

laca sold, douzie sold, bellerin sold,

Gunner-Union

Arteta, as a midfielder himself, can probably see a development in Dani that many of us can’t. I’ll back the manager if he decides to persevere with him and as i suspect, eventually sign Cebellos.

He has qualities no doubt but with cabellos and say partey or Xhaka we would also need cm who can drive at defenders and really attack in the final third.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos has spent most of his career as an AM, and the fact that he's doing so well as an B2B in a 3-4-3 shows the quality he has. He's been a key player for Spanish youth sides, and gets regular call ups to the full Spanish squad.

His development stalled at Madrid because he couldn't get minutes ahead of Modric and Kroos, but few midfielders in the world a capable of benching those two.

In a pretty short amount of time under Arteta his performances have been really good, and I'm sure Arteta can continue to make him better.

Also, next season I don't expect us to play a 3-4-3. Playing 4-3-3 with Ceballos as a #8 or #10 will be great. Xhaka, Partey, and Ceballos are a good midfield three.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are talking about another season long loan here right?
I like a midfield 3 of Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos too, I'm not convinced enough to spend 30-40m to buy Ceballos but I think we should definitely get him back on loan.
He's talented, knows the league and the system Arteta wants to play

balthazar

Am warming to the prospect of him staying. May actually get a very good player for a decent price, since Real Madrid don't need him and his stocks are low after a meh season. But I think that he has been improving recently, and if anyone could get the best out of his obvious talent, it is Arteta. He seems hungry to prove himself and is not afraid to get stuck in and put in a proper shift. Arteta has recent experience in playing as a technical midfielder in the Premier League and knows what it takes.

Perhaps his poor performance have all been a ploy to drive his value down and we can buy him cheaply... Another one of Raul's tricks.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Am warming to the prospect of him staying. May actually get a very good player for a decent price, since Real Madrid don't need him and his stocks are low after a meh season. But I think that he has been improving recently, and if anyone could get the best out of his obvious talent, it is Arteta. He seems hungry to prove himself and is not afraid to get stuck in and put in a proper shift. Arteta has recent experience in playing as a technical midfielder in the Premier League and knows what it takes.

Perhaps his poor performance have all been a ploy to drive his value down and we can buy him cheaply... Another one of Raul's tricks.
Right because him playing poorly when played doesn't cost us Europa/Champions League which Raul should be concerned about given the financial implications.

Kysus

Only reason to Keep Ceballos if we really have so little money. because the best we can do is selling Guendouzi and let Ceballos back to mardrid and we get Partey and another creative midfielder.

Looks like Guendo is going to leave and hopefully Torreira is going to follow.
So even with a possible Partey signing we are 2 players short(if ceballos was leaving as well) so with limited funds extending the loan seems like a no brainer

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You try and get him on another loan, Madrid would probably want 30-40m.

Way too much.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Assuming we get Partey, I'm not interested in keeping Ceballos. They would occupy the same spot in a midfield three. He's not the creative midfielder we need.

Hope he continues to do well for the remainder of the season, but he has to really dominate against the tough opposition ahead for me to even consider him for next season.

He just doesn't really fit the profile of what we need. He's similar to Xhaka, who I don't think we will sell (I would) so it all seems rather pointless.

I want us to play with a midfield three. Assuming we have Partey as box-to-box, we need a creative CM and an anchor to complete the midfield three. He's neither. Ceballos is a box-to-box player as well in my eyes, good from deep with the ocassional offensive contribution, the type of player that should make your game flow. However, he doesn't seem to have the mobility to do it in the Premier League.

Ideally, you pair Ceballos with an anchor and a more offensive player, like a Lo Celso and Guardado at Betis. That is an extremely balanced midfield imo.

Now, if we're absolutely ruthless, we get a fee for Xhaka to buy that creative midfielder and extend Ceballos' loan to keep him as a rotational option for next year before letting him go back to Real.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Assuming we get Partey, I'm not interested in keeping Ceballos. They would occupy the same spot in a midfield three. He's not the creative midfielder we need.

Hope he continues to do well for the remainder of the season, but he has to really dominate against the tough opposition ahead for me to even consider him for next season.

He just doesn't really fit the profile of what we need. He's similar to Xhaka, who I don't think we will sell (I would) so it all seems rather pointless.

I want us to play with a midfield three. Assuming we have Partey as box-to-box, we need a creative CM and an anchor to complete the midfield three. He's neither. Ceballos is a box-to-box player as well in my eyes, good from deep with the ocassional offensive contribution, the type of player that should make your game flow. However, he doesn't seem to have the mobility to do it in the Premier League.

Ideally, you pair Ceballos with an anchor and a more offensive player, like a Lo Celso and Guardado at Betis. That is an extremely balanced midfield imo.

Now, if we're absolutely ruthless, we get a fee for Xhaka to buy that creative midfielder and extend Ceballos' loan to keep him as a rotational option for next year before letting him go back to Real.

Tbh none of our midfielders are really indispensable, we could sell them all and buy a whole new midfield for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom