• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Thing with Ceballos is he's neither strong nor fast, so you've got to have an incredible football brain to make up for that. While his brain is probably above average, I don't know if it's so good that he can develop into that guy who runs a game purely with technique and the speed of his mind.

But if it's just another loan for a year and Arteta likes him then go for it I guess.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

There will be ways to almost exploit this situation.

Insider gossip tells me especially the South American market is heating up and players from there are already being offered around everywhere as a lot of clubs have been hit financially by Corona.

I don't think we will see a lot of top players moving for big money, and neither talents already in European top flight football and noticed on the stage - these are clubs' assets and nobody wants to lose them on potentially smallish fees in relation to a normal market situation.

There will be exceptions due to individual context - e.g. Sané (short contract, recent injury), or maybe Guendouzi (fell out with the coach) - but I guess we could see a lot of movement for midtable and smaller clubs who could use the Corona fallout to raid smaller and especially non-European clubs.

Looking beyond 50m transfers like Partey or swaps with big clubs, there could be a lot of good business for a club like Arsenal.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Love the player, but we need to find a younger version of him. Matheus Henrique!

Also reports are that Juventus and Atletico want to swap players for Lacazette. There is no player that would leave Juventus for us. Lacazette for Partey makes the most sense.

Haha this is really the summer of Matheus Henrique for you. I tried looking at compilations of him but none were extensive or well made tbh. I just know that he's been compared to Arthur.

It's a different thing running a game in the Brazilian league to running a game in the Barclays. If he could actually make that jump straight away I'd be astounded. But who knows, the next great midfielder is out there somewhere, it's just a case of finding him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Diaby would be mad expensive. Very good talent and Leverkusen are financially sound as far as I know.

Toby

Veron is the player I want from SA
Scary potential

Especially in Argentina there are tons of promising talents who could be great pickups. Either they develop int great players, or become solid squad players, and they have re-sale value. A lot of boxes ticked for a club in rebuild like Arsenal who should look to get in younger players and making money from sales again. Bit similar to looking at promising players from lower domestic leagues.

I'm definitely not sold on continuing to make 1 or 2 massive signings like Pepe or Partey or looking at opportunistic big names like Willian, Coutinho, David Luiz, Cech, etc. It's always this trying for a quick fix when the squad is structurally off that I don't like.

Accept the rebuild will take some time, find a core, offload as many not belonging to this core, add some solid squad players and great talent. Let that grow organically along the young new manager and slowly start the attack for Top 4.

Toby

Another day, another Alexis BERNARD ExCLuSiVE.

Anyway, Diaby looks exciting. Sprinted away from Alphonso Davies with the ball at feet in the DFB Cup final. And Davies is said to be the fastest player in the league. Could've had two assists, too, if Volland wasn't a complete muppet kicking the air. Also looks good physically, definitely not a pushover, works hard, too.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Especially in Argentina there are tons of promising talents who could be great pickups. Either they develop int great players, or become solid squad players, and they have re-sale value. A lot of boxes ticked for a club in rebuild like Arsenal who should look to get in younger players and making money from sales again. Bit similar to looking at promising players from lower domestic leagues.

I'm definitely not sold on continuing to make 1 or 2 massive signings like Pepe or Partey or looking at opportunistic big names like Willian, Coutinho, David Luiz, Cech, etc. It's always this trying for a quick fix when the squad is structurally off that I don't like.

Accept the rebuild will take some time, find a core, offload as many not belonging to this core, add some solid squad players and great talent. Let that grow organically along the young new manager and slowly start the attack for Top 4.

We definitely need to start making more money from our academy as well as from buying, developing and then selling young talent.

I remember reading a year or so back that Man City had made £160 m in 3 year from players who had barely played for them. That's a £50 m player every Summer almost for nothing which is massive.

Chelsea have done it for years also, we really need to catch up as it can be a huge revenue stream.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Anyway, Diaby looks exciting. Sprinted away from Alphonso Davies with the ball at feet in the DFB Cup final. And Davies is said to be the fastest player in the league. Could've had two assists, too, if Volland wasn't a complete muppet kicking the air. Also looks good physically, definitely not a pushover, works hard, too.

Good to hear that he is decent physically. He looks exciting but I had my reservations with him being 5' 7" and just over 10 stone. I know size isn't everything but the Premier League is a tough place if you can't hack a bit of rough and tumble.

Toby

Good to hear that he is decent physically. He looks exciting but I had my reservations with him being 5' 7" and just over 10 stone. I know size isn't everything but the Premier League is a tough place if you can't hack a bit of rough and tumble.

Think he'd be a decent pickup for a PL team. Might not be too expensive right now, too, but he's just really broken into the starting 11 this season, don't think Leverkusen will sell that quickly. Same goes for e.g. Thuram at Gladbach, they will never sell this summer, especially as they are looking to keep their team together for Rose and the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom