• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Good signing for the squad, gives us versatility. Imagine him, Saka, Tierney and Martinelli actually being able to press for 90 minutes.

Eddie Howe teams actually play football as well, so he wouldn't be lost at Arsenal. I'd be for this.

Pepe, Fraser, Saka, Nelson and Martinelli is a good set of options. Auba can also play wide.

-------------------CM-------------CM---------------------
--Youngster-----------------------------------Fraser-----
--------------------Pepe------------------------------------
---------------------------Auba-----------------------------

Is what I'd like to see. That's actually a really direct forward line. It relies on Nelson, Saka or Martinelli being good enough though.

Why do this to myself? We're going to see Auba doing doggies as a pseudo left back, Pepe starved of service on the right, Özil strolling and an isolated striker instead,

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good signing for the squad, gives us versatility. Imagine him, Saka, Tierney and Martinelli actually being able to press for 90 minutes.

Eddie Howe teams actually play football as well, so he wouldn't be lost at Arsenal. I'd be for this.

Pepe, Fraser, Saka, Nelson and Martinelli is a good set of options. Auba can also play wide.

-------------------CM-------------CM---------------------
--Youngster-----------------------------------Fraser-----
--------------------Pepe------------------------------------
---------------------------Auba-----------------------------

Is what I'd like to see. That's actually a really direct forward line. It relies on Nelson, Saka or Martinelli being good enough though.

Why do this to myself? We're going to see Auba doing doggies as a pseudo left back, Pepe starved of service on the right, Özil strolling and an isolated striker instead,

Again relying on Auba to score? Don’t see enough goals. That’s if Auba stays. Also, don’t forget Pepe is ruled out for a few months to the African Nations.

Fraser averages 3/4 goals a year. Just don’t see the goals in that team to finish above 6-8.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Like I've been saying since last summer: On a smallish fee (last summer) or a free (this summer) Fraser is a nice option to have in the team. He's used to the league, at a good age and has resale value. Seems like those 7/10 players who might not be 9/10 or 10/10 but who will consistently deliver their 7/10 performances when called upon.

As the only signing for next season on the wings he's definitely not enough, but as a very solid and reliable team option he's decent, especially considering every other winger bar pepe is a teenager (I'm not counting Auba and Martinelli as I consider them CFs).

Sign a creative force as a starter for the left, Fraser on a free as a rotational option and either loan Saka or mold him into an Alaba/Davies type LB/LW allrounder. Gives you X/Fraser on the left and pepe/Nelson on the right.

truth_hurts

Again relying on Auba to score? Don’t see enough goals. That’s if Auba stays. Also, don’t forget Pepe is ruled out for a few months to the African Nations.

Fraser averages 3/4 goals a year. Just don’t see the goals in that team to finish above 6-8.

True. Guess Pepe and 1 of Nelson or Martinelli would need to step up.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Like I've been saying since last summer: On a smallish fee (last summer) or a free (this summer) Fraser is a nice option to have in the team. He's used to the league, at a good age and has resale value. Seems like those 7/10 players who might not be 9/10 or 10/10 but who will consistently deliver their 7/10 performances when called upon.

As the only signing for next season on the wings he's definitely not enough, but as a very solid and reliable team option he's decent, especially considering every other winger bar pepe is a teenager (I'm not counting Auba and Martinelli as I consider them CFs).

Sign a creative force as a starter for the left, Fraser on a free as a rotational option and either loan Saka or mold him into an Alaba/Davies type LB/LW allrounder. Gives you X/Fraser on the left and pepe/Nelson on the right.
I'm coming around to this as well tbh. High energy direct option on the wing willing to run all game long for a free transfer with potential resale value if it doesn't work.

Toby

I'm coming around to this as well tbh. High energy direct option on the wing willing to run all game long for a free transfer with potential resale value if it doesn't work.

Exactly my thoughts. Sign him for 4 or 5 years, sell after 3 or 4. We'll get his best years and he's a decent kind of beta Milner. Someone you can trust to give 7/10 performances or bring on late without taking risks, someone you can use to rotate etc.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Exactly my thoughts. Sign him for 4 or 5 years, sell after 3 or 4. We'll get his best years and he's a decent kind of Betamax Milner. Someone you can trust to give 7/10 performances or bring on late without taking risks, someone you can use to rotate etc.
Yeah, he'd also inject some much needed energy and directness in attack. There aren't honestly a lot of viable options I can think of we're likely to get without spending a fortune.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, he'd also inject some much needed energy and directness in attack. There aren't honestly a lot of viable options I can think of we're likely to get without spending a fortune.
We spent 150M last summer, more than ever in our history. Spent 80M on Pepe. I’m sure you can buy what you need with that sort of outlay.

Chelsea have sighed Ziyech for less than half of what we paid for Pepe.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We spent 150M last summer, more than ever in our history. Spent 80M on Pepe. I’m sure you can buy what you need with that sort of outlay.

Yeah, I suppose we could but what are our options though? Ziyech was one we could've easily bought to be honest. Even last summer and he wanted to come here.

That said if we signed Fraser on a free I'm cool with it as long as we still have Laca and Auba. If we sell one or both though, there needs to be huge outlay to sort us out.

Zaha would be one option.

Toby

Makes you think.

So...about 10m in signing on and agent fees for a free agent like Fraser leaves about 140m in the chest while clearly strenthening the overall team.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I suppose we could but what are our options though? Ziyech was one we could've easily bought to be honest. Even last summer and he wanted to come here.

That said if we signed Fraser on a free I'm cool with it as long as we still have Laca and Auba. If we sell one or both though, there needs to be huge outlay to sort us out.

Zaha would be one option.

I'd sell both Laca and Auba and bring in Jota, play Martinelli as a CF. We need to focus on revamping the midfield so we can actually create chances. Martinelli, Jota and Pepe are more than capable of scoring goals. We need a midfield structure that can create and score goals.

We are so reliant on Auba scoring because we barely create anything. We need 3 starting midfielders. A physical ball winner who can carry the ball, a creative player with high technical quality and a dynamic midfielder who can drift into wide areas and score goals.

Lacazette is going to be terrible after this break. His physical fitness is shocking. Not in terms of the amount of running, but that burst, agility and touch will be completely gone.

Martinelli, Saka, Nelson and Auba will look like they haven't even had a break.

Impact

Established Member
I'd sell both Laca and Auba and bring in Jota, play Martinelli as a CF. We need to focus on revamping the midfield so we can actually create chances. Martinelli, Jota and Pepe are more than capable of scoring goals. We need a midfield structure that can create and score goals.

We are so reliant on Auba scoring because we barely create anything. We need 3 starting midfielders. A physical ball winner who can carry the ball, a creative player with high technical quality and a dynamic midfielder who can drift into wide areas and score goals.

Lacazette is going to be terrible after this break. His physical fitness is shocking. Not in terms of the amount of running, but that burst, agility and touch will be completely gone.

Martinelli, Saka, Nelson and Auba will look like they haven't even had a break.

I'd like Jota, think he has the ability to go a step up but it would be ridiculously irresponsible to go into a season with Martinelli as our first choice CF. Look how Man Utd have struggled since selling Lukaku and they have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood who are all capable of playing through the middle.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

Bellerin, Tierney, Saka, Nelson, Martinelli, Fraser? Pepe and Auba. Have we ever had so many direct players?

Beef up our spine and we might be fun to watch again.

Malky

Established Member
As long as his wage demands are reasonable, Ryan Fraser on a free is a good bit of business. As things stand just now I see Saka as a starter at LW, and Fraser in rotation isn't a bad option.
Right now the priority should be trying to convince Auba to stay, rebuilding the midfield and strengthening the defense.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Interesting, nobody is saying “let’s sign Fraser because he’s fantastic and will improve us”, “let’s sign Fraser because he’ll push us to top 4”, “wow, great footballer” etc.

All I’m hearing is how he’s free, decent, has resale value etc.

I mean he’s so good no top club has signed him despite him running his deal down, isn’t even now being linked to top clubs etc. Just Arsenal because he’s free.

Nobody would want him if we had to pay any sort of fee.

LG10

Interesting, nobody is saying “let’s sign Fraser because he’s fantastic and will improve us”, “let’s sign Fraser because he’ll push us to top 4”, “wow, great footballer” etc.

All I’m hearing is how he’s free, decent, has resale value etc.

I mean he’s so good no top club has signed him despite him running his deal down, isn’t even now being linked to top clubs etc. Just Arsenal because he’s free.

Nobody would want him if we had to pay any sort of fee.
Signing him allows us to spend big on a cm and cb which we badly need, he also complements our wingers well (our wingers are very young so his experience is nice). He is a good player as well, will fit nicely with Arteta's intense approach and will provide good cover. Not every signing has to be big especially for a club with limited resources such as ourselves. What worries me is he's basically been frozen out of the team for the whole season so remains to be seen if he'd be at his 18/19 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom