• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Özil didn't put many good performances since like late 2017. When emery came he preformed well first 2-3 months then it's stopped you can't really blame the manager or system because with Arteta is still mostly the same. 1 good game then 5 average games.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Özil didn't put many good performances since like late 2017. When emery came he preformed well first 2-3 months then it's stopped you can't really blame the manager or system because with Arteta is still mostly the same. 1 good game then 5 average games.

Wholeheartedly agree. It would be one thing if he got benched if he was performing good...but alas, he was not

say yes

forum master baiter
That’s because of your boy Emery though, dropping him/employing bum tactics. Remember when you and your bum crowd were championing him dropping Özil and keeping him out the team? @yousif_arsenal really enjoyed it if I remember correctly.
Why doesn’t the “Emery’s bum tactics” excuse work for Pepe too then?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why doesn’t the “Emery’s bum tactics” excuse work for Pepe too then?
My initial comments were more about the price tag than the player, not his fault he’s nearly 80M. For that price you should be getting immediate top level impact no matter the situation.

This volatile season hasn’t helped him but I expect he’ll develop into an excellent asset for us in the coming years though. Again though, at that price tag you shouldn’t be waiting potentially 2 seasons plus, if ever, for him to deliver.

African nations breaks up next season for him, we know with our other African players of the past that it affects their season.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Spending 80 on a player is a big ask & expectation of a player I'll admit but I've got faith in Pepe, look at his free kicks he's done & shots that have come close he's had so far, in his defence though don't forget his only young & coming from the French league into one of the biggest leagues in the world is a big climb in itself, he's not expected to blitz it straight away I hope. I believe he'll come through, hopefully sooner rather then later though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Spending 80 on a player is a big ask & expectation of a player I'll admit but I've got faith in Pepe, look at his free kicks he's done & shots that have come close he's had so far, in his defence though don't forget his only young & coming from the French league into one of the biggest leagues in the world is a big climb in itself, he's not expected to blitz it straight away I hope. I believe he'll come through, hopefully sooner rather then later though.

On top of this as well, only Auba has performed out of our forward options this year. This could mean that Auba is a level up from our other forwards (could be true) or we have a set up that doesn't allow creative players to Express themselves.

Like you've mentioned Pepe has shown signs of brilliance this year, so if he can find some consistency, we've got a serious player on our hands.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

On top of this as well, only Auba has performed out of our forward options this year. This could mean that Auba is a level up from our other forwards (could be true) or we have a set up that doesn't allow creative players to Express themselves.

Like you've mentioned Pepe has shown signs of brilliance this year, so if he can find some consistency, we've got a serious player on our hands.
He certainly has shown some good potential, very good at set pieces & dribbling especially, probably only get better aswell. I wouldn't mind seeing him put in a few shots from outside the box, we only score goals by having a shot. Onto the other point now about creative players, I feel the reason for that is because we don't have a set up that allows them to do that. We do have a CDM in Torreira but we don't play him in his natural position in front of the back 4 doing the proper role of a CDM. If we played with a CDM who stays back, intercept, defend & start counters we'd probably be able to allow someone like Özil to stay forward & play his natural game. Torreira probably isn't in his best form either because he's being played out of position further forward like Özil. Defending defeinately ain't Ozils strong point but he's not a defender, meant to be making chances but he's forced to defend more now which doesn't help.

truth_hurts

He certainly has shown some good potential, very good at set pieces & dribbling especially, probably only get better aswell. I wouldn't mind seeing him put in a few shots from outside the box, we only score goals by having a shot. Onto the other point now about creative players, I feel the reason for that is because we don't have a set up that allows them to do that. We do have a CDM in Torreira but we don't play him in his natural position in front of the back 4 doing the proper role of a CDM. If we played with a CDM who stays back, intercept, defend & start counters we'd probably be able to allow someone like Özil to stay forward & play his natural game. Torreira probably isn't in his best form either because he's being played out of position further forward like Özil. Defending defeinately ain't Ozils strong point but he's not a defender, meant to be making chances but he's forced to defend more now which doesn't help.

It's criminal how neglected our midfield area has been over the past few years.

It does make you wonder how different it would have been if Emery could have bought in some of his targets. Look, I easnt buzzing over the thought of Banega and Nzonzi coming, but that's balance and a platform for attack. I really hope we didn't miss out on signing Partey last summer.

As with most things Arsenal, I'm going to wait until next year to judge. Pepe could end up being a flop, but if I were a gambling man I'd double down on him blossoming into one of the leagues best

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

It does make you wonder how different it would have been if Emery could have bought in some of his targets. Look, I easnt buzzing over the thought of Banega and Nzonzi coming, but that's balance and a platform for attack. I really hope we didn't miss out on signing Partey last summer.

As with most things Arsenal, I'm going to wait until next year to judge. Pepe could end up being a flop, but if I were a gambling man I'd double down on him blossoming into one of the leagues best
Yes let's wait & see what happens, wait for a full season or 2 to judge Arteta & his plans on his ability as a manager. He probably has his own plans on his transfers & match tactics & he may turn out to be a very good manager, he has worked under Pep Guardiola for 2 years which will help I'd presume.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I wouldn't be afraid to put a gamble on Pepe becoming one of the leagues best set piece taker & dribblers, that's for certain. Our free kicks we get just outside the box I'd probably encourage Pepe to back himself & take a few more proper shots like in the game he scored 2 goals from free kicks in the one game.

truth_hurts

Ceballos will be a regular starter for Spain. Ideally, I'd try to get him here, but to be honest he's an icing on the cake type signing at the moment for our midfield. I'd happily make another type of player our record midfield signing.

It might mean that Ramsey, Matuidi and Rabiot become available.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Ramsey is **** and a waste of money, really. I don't get what Juve are up to randomly just getting in every free agent with a bit of reputation yet their midfield is absolute trash.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Remember when AM said when even West Ham won’t sign Ramsey?

Yet he turned down many CL clubs to join Juventus.

While Arsenal are 10th and playing plumbers like Torreira and Cebellos in midfield.

Good times. I love it when things play out like this.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Remember when AM said when even West Ham won’t sign Ramsey?

Yet he turned down many CL clubs to join Juventus.

While Arsenal are 10th and playing plumbers like Torreira and Cebellos in midfield.

Good times. I love it when things play out like this.

He literally won them a decisive game against Inter, what should have been a title deciding moment if not for COVID-19. Some absolute nonsense still spouted about Ramsey because they just cannot admit they were wrong. Sums this forum right up tho some of the takes about Ramsey.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He literally won them a decisive game against Inter, what should have been a title deciding moment if not for COVID-19. Some absolute nonsense still spouted about Ramsey because they just cannot admit they were wrong. Sums this forum right up tho some of the takes about Ramsey.

Yeah real good player and I called him top 5 in the world after that 12/13 or 13/14 can't remember which. But injuries will always unfortunately be that downfall, when we needed him most last season he was out because of injury and already missed 43 days with Juventus. Such a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom