• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

I really think we have to go for it with Brexit and player values (potentially) lower due to the pandemic. Who knows what's going to happen when both those things reach their eventual final outcome. Need to get back into Europe especially.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People obsess way too much about PL experience in CB's. Sure it's a good thing to have, but it's nowhere near the top of the list of attributes you should be looking for.

City wouldn't consider a guy like Dunk, cos he doesn't fit their style. Dunk is perfect for the team he plays for, he wouldn't be perfect for Arsenal. We need to start looking for players who fit a defined style, not just players we've heard of or players we know from the PL.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Someone like Ake however would be good, fits the profile nicely. But apart from that there's much better quality and potential elsewhere for 20-50m

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't touch Dunk at 30m+ to be honest. Plays in a completely different system, he's virtually useless on the ball. May as well buy Ben Mee if you want that sort of player.

Dunk is actually good on the ball though, which is why he’s so popular with bigger teams. I’d take him but I just think paying 50M for him is a waste as there’s so many better options.

HBL

Established Member
Dunk is actually good on the ball though, which is why he’s so popular with bigger teams. I’d take him but I just think paying 50M for him is a waste as there’s so many better options.
Dunk can ping long balls all over the pitch, think Brighton would ask for £30-40m though and he turns 29 this year so there is better value out there imo.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Nah a team like Arsenal imo can't fanny around with a CB who's new to the league, pay the extra what ever million to get someone who'll come straight in and be comfortable.

We also have a young Saliba joining, two CB's who have never played a PL game together doesn't sit right with me.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Dunk can ping long balls all over the pitch, think Brighton would ask for £30-40m though and he turns 29 this year so there is better value out there imo.

Tbf I’m not bothered by the age that much as he’s probably entering his prime right now and have three or four good years left.

My main concern is that he doesn’t play in that high a line at Brighton and if that’s how Arteta wants to play you’d need fast CBs with good recovery speed.

Ben White to me would be the safer bet.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
As far as proven PL experienced CBs go.

I would fo for

1. Ake
2. Dunk
3. Mings

I would be happy with any of them.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Kia has recommended Thiago Silva to his client Edu. Edu working on persuading Raul to complete a deal. Thiago Silva wants 3 year £10m a year deal.

Interesting.
Surely we can't sign Thiago Silvs for 3 years? He's 35yo & never had PL experience as far as I know, a year by year contract would be enough. If we get him for a straight 3yr contract that is beyond crazy in my book!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Someone like Ake however would be good, fits the profile nicely. But apart from that there's much better quality and potential elsewhere for 20-50m
Remember though that Chelsea's £40m buy-back clause is still valid for this summer, so they'd have to refuse their option for him to come.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Would they need him, considering who they already have?

Reckon he would be a very good signing for us, even being height impaired.
Dunno if they need him, some journos who cover Chelsea said they passed on him because Lampard doubts whether he can play in a high line.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Remember though that Chelsea's £40m buy-back clause is still valid for this summer, so they'd have to refuse their option for him to come.

That's fine, with Chelsea spending 100M on Werner, probably around 40M on Ziyech and wanting Chilwell I can't imagine they'd buy Ake as well, considering the options they have at CB.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That's fine, with Chelsea spending 100M on Werner, probably around 40M on Ziyech and wanting Chilwell I can't imagine they'd buy Ake as well, considering the options they have at CB.
They might've been looking at him as an option at LB as well tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom