• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The club are interested in Borussia Monchengladbach striker Alassane Plea.

Decent option. Definitely fast, technically sound and intelligent, but also not a guy to get 25+ goals on his own. Rather an important piece in Gladbach's attacking trident (23 goals/ 20 assists in the BL). Think he can definitely be a part of a well formed attack contributing with goals and assists from centrally as well as wide, but overall if Arsenal go for a Gladbach striker it should be the younger Marcus Thuram.

Overall, I wouldn't be against not building around a 25+ goals striker, but a more coherent attack build around more players. If you got one guy with 25 goals and the two wingers chip in with 5 each, you're at 35. You got three attackers and everyone of them comes in with around 15 goals you're better off and less predictable.

Firmino is one of the only working false 9s around right now, but he's also a decent example you don't need a high scoring centre forward when you manage to form a coherent attack and get your goalthreat from elsewhere (wings/midfield).

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

When do we start taking the Kokcu rumours seriously? Been linked a ton from Spanish sources.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Decent option. Definitely fast, technically sound and intelligent, but also not a guy to get 25+ goals on his own. Rather an important piece in Gladbach's attacking trident (23 goals/ 20 assists in the BL). Think he can definitely be a part of a well formed attack contributing with goals and assists from centrally as well as wide, but overall if Arsenal go for a Gladbach striker it should be the younger Marcus Thuram.

Yeah, but gotta be honest - Plea is ****ing great as well - Arteta might also get him to another level still.
Not saying Marco Rose ain't a good coach, but rather the opposite - a huge fan of his - but Arteta is very different and can teach other sides of the game.

One of the better options, if he was available.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Plea is ****ing great as well

Yeah, he's been really good for a few years now, too.

Not saying Marco Rose ain't a good coach, but rather the opposite - a huge fan of his - but Arteta is very different and can teach other sides of the game.

But that's got to be a joke, mate. Comparing a rookie who's shown absolutely nothing but a little promise and has been in this job for a few months now to a guy who's rated as one of the younger gen of coaches' brightest minds, multiple trophy winner and we actually have seen his Salzburg and Gladbach teams play over and over again to see what he's about and if he's got the chops.

Nothing against Arteta but the overhyping of him going by hearsay is seriously real. Arteta has to work his arse off to get close to Marco Rose who is by all standards the far superior coach atm.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

But that's got to be a joke, mate. Comparing a rookie who's shown absolutely nothing but a little promise and has been in this job for a few months now to a guy who's rated as one of the younger gen of coaches' brightest minds, multiple trophy winner and we actually have seen his Salzburg and Gladbach teams play over and over again to see what he's about and if he's got the chops.

Nothing against Arteta but the overhyping of him going by hearsay is seriously real. Arteta has to work his arse off to get close to Marco Rose who is by all standards the far superior coach atm.

Yeah there's plenty of overrating of Arteta by many Arsenal fans and by other pundits tbh, he's still living off what is said about him by other top managers, but it's stupidly early to say much about him at all.

His demeanour is fantastic, as is his way of words, but not seen anything yet to suggest he'll take us to the next level. I remember in Emerys first season loads of people said the players 'organisation, attiitude, work rate and fitness levels' all improved loads, same is being said here. It means nothing yet.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off

This is why I have a feeling Arteta might fail because whoever our fans overyhype is set for failure.

What's happened to Holding since calling him Holdini or Torreira when we said he's better than Kante

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
When do we start taking the Kokcu rumours seriously? Been linked a ton from Spanish sources.
I'm unsure of what to make of him. He looks an excellent passer with great vision but he's a bit stiff and doesn't look particularly fluid when dribbling. Seems to score a few aswell. Definitely more #8 than #10 from what I've seen. The brass must be seeing something we're not.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah there's plenty of overrating of Arteta by many Arsenal fans and by other pundits tbh, he's still living off what is said about him by other top managers, but it's stupidly early to say much about him at all.

His demeanour is fantastic, as is his way of words, but not seen anything yet to suggest he'll take us to the next level. I remember in Emerys first season loads of people said the players 'organisation, attiitude, work rate and fitness levels' all improved loads, same is being said here. It means nothing yet.
The signs have been really promising early doors but he's still a great unknown. Optimism mustn't cloud analysis too much in this case. The one advantage he has over Emery's early start IMO is there is a lot more organisation and structure - but that's the bare minimum for now.

The signs have been really promising early doors but he's still a great unknown. Optimism mustn't cloud analysis too much in this case. The one advantage he has over Emery's early start IMO is there is a lot more organisation and structure - but that's the bare minimum for now.

I also like the idea that Arteta has empty pages. He can decide at top club what kind of manager he want to be.

Emery defined his coaching style at Sevilla and it was always stuck with him. Even at PSG and Arsenal.

Arteta has potential in my eyes. Now he needs experience! We must be patient with him!

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Being linked with every f*cker now. Has window opened or something?

Tom349

Being linked with every f*cker now. Has window opened or something?

Genuinely crazy the number of players we've already been linked too. I mean every year we get linked with a heap of players but this year its seem every second player we linked with. I don't know if you follow brazilscout or worldfootball on youtube but every second video is 'this is why Arsenal want to sign player x'.

I have no clue which player I meant to watch.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I doubt any of these rumors are true. Until we know how the season ends, it’s all guess work.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Genuinely crazy the number of players we've already been linked too. I mean every year we get linked with a heap of players but this year its seem every second player we linked with. I don't know if you follow brazilscout or worldfootball on youtube but every second video is 'this is why Arsenal want to sign player x'.

It was so similar last year though, both Pepe and Luiz came out of nowhere apart from one ITK kept going on about Pepe all summer. KT, Ceballos and Saliba were linked by reliable people early on even though they took a while.

Funny really, Upamecano, Ruben Dias, Maguire, Tarkowski and Akanji were all considered before we settled on Luiz and barely had much of a sniff in the medie, there were some rumours but nothing reliable apart from the Upamecano bid.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I'm enjoying the disconnect between the reality and the rumours. In reality we still don't know when or how the season will be completed and we don't know anything about next season. Meanwhile transfer rumours are whirring as usual. Perhaps it's just a distraction for people, perhaps the writers just need something to do.

As far as i'm aware we don't even know when the transfer window opens, and clubs don't know how much they can spend. Like, we're all talking about Thomas Partey as if it's a thing, for all we know it could be the most laughably unrealistic idea and we literally have no budget at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom