• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Gibbs (Out) | Joins West Brom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Kieran Gibbs

stream_img.jpg

Born/age: Sep 26, 1989 (26)
Place of birth:
189.png
London
Nationality:
189.png
England
Height: 1,79 m
Position: Left-Back

Rumors have been circulating about a potential move to Newcastle, accompanied by ones on certain young fullbacks being signed on our end (Chillwell, Guerreiro...). This would make sense for both parties, as it's unlikely that he'll be surpassing Monreal anytime soon though he's like first-team football to be able to represent England, and it'd be beneficial for the club to build up another player to be a long-term future option after Monreal goes.

Links (though they're rather weak):

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2841107/kieran-gibbs-may-leave-arsenal-at-end-of-the-season-source
http://www.footballinsider247.com/r...ummer-move-arsenal-26-year-old-international/

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In the short term, it would not make sense. He is good as a squad player, and does quite well.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't even make the squad now, should get more than £5m at least.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
need to sell him he is Midtable player not improving at all, should get 10m from his sale because he is English.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Kieran Gibbs

stream_img.jpg

Born/age: Sep 26, 1989 (26)
Place of birth:
189.png
London
Nationality:
189.png
England
Height: 1,79 m
Position: Left-Back

Rumors have been circulating about a potential move to Newcastle, accompanied by ones on certain young fullbacks being signed on our end (Chillwell, Guerreiro...). This would make sense for both parties, as it's unlikely that he'll be surpassing Monreal anytime soon though he's like first-team football to be able to represent England, and it'd be beneficial for the club to build up another player to be a long-term future option after Monreal goes.

Links (though they're rather weak):

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2841107/kieran-gibbs-may-leave-arsenal-at-end-of-the-season-source
http://www.footballinsider247.com/r...ummer-move-arsenal-26-year-old-international/

I take it the pic was intentional :lol: You're not a ref by any chance are you?

Anyway, the sooner we sell, the better!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Some English manager will inevitably buy him, but I'm honestly not sure if he's actually good enough for any team above mid-table. He wouldn't even make our bench.

Probably a decent pickup for a promoted club if the fee is reasonable. Anything above £4m would be a bad deal for the buying club.

BobP

Memri Fan
Some English manager will inevitably buy him, but I'm honestly not sure if he's actually good enough for any team above mid-table. He wouldn't even make our bench.

Probably a decent pickup for a promoted club if the fee is reasonable. Anything above £4m would be a bad deal for the buying club.

Think we'd get 8-10M and not because he justifies such a fee.

Has Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Stoke written all over him.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member

Are you joking? A 26 year old English full back with over 200 games for Arsenal and Champions League experience, in the modern market would only be worth a maximum of £4m?

Don't think so.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's fine as a home grown player happy to be back up.

Either we leave LB alone or we improve on Monreal.

Wenger has an awful record when it comes to replacing squaddies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sells Gibbs
Can't find anyone cheap enough
Resigns Flamini as back up

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Decent back up.

What we need is a new top Lb to take over from Monreal.

Horse ****. Monreal is the best left back in the league by a mile.

This isn't even an issue for me. Unless Gibbs is desperate to go, leave left back well enough alone.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Are you joking? A 26 year old English full back with over 200 games for Arsenal and Champions League experience, in the modern market would only be worth a maximum of £4m?

Don't think so.

I didn't say he would go for £4m? I said anything above is a bad deal for the buying club. All the stuff you mentioned is fluff as we all know Gibbs is kind of ****. He hasn't improved at all since his teenage years and he's also quite injury prone. He doesn't even have any upside at this point being 26 years old.

He'll go for upwards of £8m probably, which is a horrendous deal for the club that gets him. We bought Cresswell for £3,5m and he's far superior.

Horse ****. Monreal is the best left back in the league by a mile.

This isn't even an issue for me. Unless Gibbs is desperate to go, leave left back well enough alone.

By a mile? Bit too far imo, Fuchs has been superb this season, better than Monreal.

Monreal is great though, but I'm pretty sure what GDeep meant was you need a long-term replacement for Monreal given that he's 30 years old. Might as well invest in a young, promising LB now for the long term, especially if Gibbs is leaving.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
There's that age again, 30:lol: Monners will still be a top full back in 3 years. This is not a priority.

If we go after someone, it'll be Chilwell at Leicester.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
I don't think Gibbs is sh*t though. I think for the position he fills in the squad he is more than adequate. Would be a complete waste of time to sell him and buy another back up player, who more than likely wouldn't be as good or as experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom