• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's because I think he was stupid to play AMN at LB. A player who has been poor when tried this season, a player who doesn't want to play LB. Cedric can be used as rotation for either FB spot and that's exactly what is happening now.

Well we have to disagree then. AMN has played 4 games as LB this season, and with 2-1-1 record, only one loss to Liverpool away. Losing to Liverpool away is no surprise.

Cedric hasn't exactly put the world alight on the RB position earlier, but now he is getting to good level.

Of course the manager tries to get use for a player who needs minutes and has performed well in LB earlier.

To me it looks more like anything will be used against Arteta here.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well we have to disagree then. AMN has played 4 games as LB this season, and with 2-1-1 record, only one loss to Liverpool away. Losing to Liverpool away is no surprise.

Cedric hasn't exactly put the world alight on the RB position earlier, but now he is getting to good level.

Of course the manager tries to get use for a player who needs minutes and has performed well in LB earlier.

To me it looks more like anything will be used against Arteta here.

Wrong. I want Arteta to do well because that means Arsenal are doing well. I voted keep him until his position is untenable, I didn't vote sack immediately as some did!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just wish we could have kept nacho and sold Kola instead. Would have been perfect. We wouldn't have been in this situation.

But I guess nacho wanted to go?

Yeah think he wanted to go back to Spain for his final years. Probably could’ve offered him a bigger salary to stay but can’t pretend fans would’ve been happy with that for squad player.

drippin

Wrong. I want Arteta to do well because that means Arsenal are doing well. I voted keep him until his position is untenable, I didn't vote sack immediately as some did!

That wasn't my main point, so my post was not wrong.

I just don't understand at all how trying AMN at LB was a facepalm. It was a logical try as he has performed well there earlier.

AMN needs minutes and we don't have another RB backup, and AMN even Arteta has had AMN perform well on the left.

Cedric had not played on the left at all for Arteta yet, so there was less evidence to get him perform well there, as he hasn't been great on the right earlier.

Besides, Arteta sure looks how players perform in training, and that affects also who he chooses.

But I have had enough of this argument. It's silly. Captain Hindsight's are always right, there's no arguing.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That wasn't my main point, so my post was not wrong.

I just don't understand at all how trying AMN at LB was a facepalm. It was a logical try as he has performed well there earlier.

AMN needs minutes and we don't have another RB backup, and AMN even Arteta has had AMN perform well on the left.

Cedric had not played on the left at all for Arteta yet, so there was less evidence to get him perform well there, as he hasn't been great on the right earlier.

Besides, Arteta sure looks how players perform in training, and that affects also who he chooses.

But I have had enough of this argument. It's silly. Captain Hindsight's are always right, there's no arguing.

Its not an argument. You rate AMN over Cedric at LB, I don't. Nothing Captain Hindsight about that!

drippin

Its not an argument. You rate AMN over Cedric at LB, I don't. Nothing Captain Hindsight about that!

No I don't. I'm defending Arteta giving AMN a chance, and it was not something that is "facepalm" worthy.

You blaim Arteta for giving AMN a chance there and being stupid for it. You're free to do that, but I think you're stupid if you think so.

My arguments have been stated about the matter.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
No I don't. I'm defending Arteta giving AMN a chance, and it was not something that is "facepalm" worthy.

You blaim Arteta for giving AMN a chance there and being stupid for it. You're free to do that, but I think you're stupid if you think so.

My arguments have been stated about the matter.

I blame Arteta for not choosing the better option in the first place. Cedric is a better LB than AMN. Its like playing Willian ahead of ESR, you don't play an inferior player just because he needs mins.

This is the last thing I have to say on this. Our views are clearly different!

drippin

I blame Arteta for not choosing the better option in the first place. Cedric is a better LB than AMN. Its like playing Willian ahead of ESR, you don't play an inferior player just because he needs mins.

This is the last thing I have to say on this. Our views are clearly different!

No one could know Cedric will perform better as LB. Arteta had not played him there.

On the other hand Arteta had played AMN at LB, and earlier Arsenal managers, back to Wenger times. And he has been pretty good there out of position.

Arteta also makes choices based on training performances, which we can't know about.

This is why I say your arguments are prime Captain Hindsight material. When AMN didn't perform well, he adjusted and tried Cedric, and no big harm was done.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
No one could know Cedric will perform better as LB. Arteta had not played him there.

On the other hand Arteta had played AMN at LB, and earlier Arsenal managers, back to Wenger times. And he has been pretty good there out of position.

Arteta also makes choices based on training performances, which we can't know about.

This is why I say your arguments are prime Captain Hindsight material. When AMN didn't perform well, he adjusted and tried Cedric, and no big harm was done.

You talk like playing him at LB wasn't even an option. He has played LB before. I and a few others were calling for Cedric to rotate with Tierney before he got injured. No Hindsight involved!

drippin

You talk like playing him at LB wasn't even an option. He has played LB before. I and a few others were calling for Cedric to rotate with Tierney before he got injured. No Hindsight involved!

No I don't.

I'm saying trying AMN there made as much sense as trying Cedric there, or even a bit more.

You say trying AMN there first is the stuff of facepalms. And I say it is clearly not.

AMN has played there even this season (and pretty well in earlier seasons) and the record from those games this season was 2-1-1, and the only loss against Liverpool away in EPL.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It would have been better to play AMN more, but ultimately he is an asset we can cash in on and make a pure profit. Only question mark is why we didnt capitalise on his value increase by actually playing him. Its like Arteta almost played down his value increase after being called up to the England squad. Kinda put out the hype fire players usually get for that.

Hopefully he has a successful loan spell and we reassess in the summer. Never say never but if we get a good bid he is probably gone, and even though it will be kinda sad we didnt give him a proper chance, you can't complain about 20-30m in your pocket for someone you don't start- especially in this market.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His injuries are becoming a bit of a hindrance. I hope he can shake them off. We certainly need an able backup in the summer if he's going to need kid gloves every season.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We are unquestionably missing a lot defensively and offensively without him in the team.

Hope we can get him back ASAP. Wouldn’t be surprised if we go on another unbeaten run once he is back

blaze_of_glory

Out another week. Arteta ran him into the ground, no need for the 120 minutes. He got rid of a back up LB for no reason apart from the fact he didn’t like him.
I think Kola probably pushed to leave for more playing time, but yeah it looks a pretty stupid move now.

Tierney’s tough guy act has fooled everybody even Arteta in loaning out the real tough guy - Kolasinac.

Tierney is as soft as they come and his “i dont care how cold it is i play in a t-shirt” act can only impress Arsenal fans i guess. With Bellerin not playing well at all this season we dont have any support from the flanks even though our game relies on it.

play saka LB and Cedric RB. Cant be worse than what we have now.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Are Napoli still interested? Should get rid imo, a first-choice LB who misses 50% of the games is a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom