• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nuno remontada?
Emmy Awards No GIF by Emmys

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Strong mentality or not you shouldn't force yourself to limit your knee won't hold forever he should've withdraw from the international break at least to let his knee rest for 2 weeks.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Strong mentality or not you shouldn't force yourself to limit your knee won't hold forever he should've withdraw from the international break at least to let his knee rest for 2 weeks.
Maybe because he gets injured so often, he felt pressure to tough it out. Maybe because Tavares is so sh*t and we were already without Tomi, he just dug deep and pushed on. I see your point but in this age of mercenaries who just don't care, it's refreshing to see a lad really give it his all for club and country. I wish it didn't lead to his injury but we could do with more players who care like he does.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Big blow, wish him a speedy recovery.

Though Gabriel and White are showing their age, atm...maybe a switch to a back 3, with Saka at LWB, could help us both defensively and offensively...take a step back to go two forward.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Both him and Tomiyasu can’t be relied upon. The last few seasons he’s missed quite a lot of games both for Arsenal and Celtic:

EE067FBA-1DAE-4C43-87CF-5DAB0ABC18EF.jpeg

IIRC Tomiyasu had a range of different injury issues at Bologna too. With the prospect of European football next season, I don’t think we can really rely on them throughout the course of a season. I’d prefer someone more reliable like a Xhaka type player at fullback who’s rarely out injured (I’m not jinxing it).

LittleMo

Why did he play in those completely pointless games?
I honestly wonder if he even told Clarke he has a problem. Clarke said in an interview before the games about specifically not wanting to overplay players who had a lot of club games and was balancing it out with the clubs. He limited game time for Dykes and Robertson because they had just come back from injury and illness. I can’t see how he wouldn’t have done the same with Tierney if he knew.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If Tomiyasu makes a return I'd go with Cedric at LB.
Until he does I'd play Cedric at left back too, White at right back and bring in Holding in the centre. Cedric has been poor at left back in the past but at least he has been playing and is match fit, it could take Tavares 5-6 games to get up to speed and by that time the season is almost over.

These fringe players like Tavares and Lokonga could have done with a few minutes off the bench here and there to keep sharp. I guess this is a symptom of our lack of goals and inability to kill off games. I get that Mikel doesn't want to take risks with substitutions when we are 1-0 or 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go. They perhaps would have got more game time if we were 2-0 or 3-0 up in games and cruising.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Until he does I'd play Cedric at left back too, White at right back and bring in Holding in the centre. Cedric has been poor at left back in the past but at least he has been playing and is match fit, it could take Tavares 5-6 games to get up to speed and by that time the season is almost over.

These fringe players like Tavares and Lokonga could have done with a few minutes off the bench here and there to keep sharp. I guess this is a symptom of our lack of goals and inability to kill off games. I get that Mikel doesn't want to take risks with substitutions when we are 1-0 or 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go. They perhaps would have got more game time if we were 2-0 or 3-0 up in games and cruising.

Cedric has also been poor at RB in the past too but then been good, I just think hes a more reliable/less risky option than Tavares at the moment.

Ideally this wouldnt happen but not sure what other options we have unless Tavares stops ****ing about.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom