• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Tavares, is definitely a superior athlete, probably the best athlete we've had at the club since Henry.

But Tierney has a world class cross on him, he was literally our only attacking outlet for the last 2 seasons. Some of those crossing positions Tavares was in would've been a goal scoring opportunity for our attack if Tierney was there.

I'm definitely loving the competition for LB, both have different strengths.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

FFNOL_uXsAkUUdD

Nuno Tavares got him wrapped up and feeling cold on the bench. Man looks so salty.

🤩

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

FFNOL_uXsAkUUdD

Nuno Tavares got him wrapped up and feeling cold on the bench. Man looks so salty.

🤩

He just can't understand why Tavares isn't spamming ****ty crosses all games and is actually providing some quality in an attacking sense.

Think he knows he's dusted tbh.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Seems in this moment we are blessed with two very decent leftbacks. I’m absolutely lovin it!

Is this our strongest position in the squad at the moment ?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Give it a month or so and KT will be back in the starting line up I feel.

I think the guys being severely underestimated on here. Over the past couple of years he's been top 3 player for us for sure. He had an average month or so pre injury. Constantly rushing back from injury with either Arsenal or Scotland is going to take a toll eventually so maybe this breather will do him good.

You see now that teams target our left as it's a weaknesses defensively. Tavares is really fun to watch with all his physical attributes and good going forward, but he's not a good defender as it stands. People are overlooking that obvious fact as he's entertaining to watch I feel.

Teams were targeting our left when Tierney was playing too so what's your point? Neither Tavares and Tierney are good defenders but at least Tavares provides far more in attack than Tierney.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

95% of the time Tierney has been here he's been brilliant in attack and defence, if you think otherwise you're an idiot.

He's been poor at the start of this season and that's it, let's not start making things up about him though.

scytheavatar

Established Member
95% of the time Tierney has been here he's been brilliant in attack and defence, if you think otherwise you're an idiot.

He's been poor at the start of this season and that's it, let's not start making things up about him though.

He benefited from our right back being worse than him last season.......... now that we have a better right back teams realize they can profit more easily by targeting our left back instead. Because he is not that good of a defender.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don’t get all the arguing. Two good left backs, one better in defense and the other better in attack. Considering our LB is used as one of our main attacking outlets I don’t think it’s a massive surprise Arteta is persisting with Tavares. Thursday will be interesting. Away game at a big club, Tavares had a nightmare in our last away game against a big club. If he plays Tavares on Thursday then I think it’s going to take a massive dip in form for Tierney to come back as the certified starting LB.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
remember when the sexuals were all using KT as an example of players Arteta improved?

Completely ruined the lad asking him to bomb lb to and fro at 100% speed.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Spot on. Bloke was maybe the only player that could have held his held his head up after that Nov/Dec run last season. Was class in the cup win as well. Was poor at the start of the season and Nuno deserves his place in the team, but people taking shots at his ability is an odd one.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Spot on. Bloke was maybe the only player that could have held his held his head up after that Nov/Dec run last season. Was class in the cup win as well. Was poor at the start of the season and Nuno deserves his place in the team, but people taking shots at his ability is an odd one.

I won't name names but there are a few 'trusted' members who could take a leaf out of your book, haven't them post anything decent in months. :clown:

Reactions: A_G

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The KT hate is a disgrace. Dude has kept us in important games last year and overall has been excellent since arriving.

It's double bullshit because last week everyone wanted to hate on Tavares. Now, playing against a side that provided 0 attacking threat whatsoever, he suddenly transformed into the best left-back we ever had.

Pyres7

There's some selective memory going around here. Tierney is solid enough defensively most of the time, but he's been turned inside out by Mahrez, Salah, Adama Traore. He's not a Maldini type defensive machine that some of you are making him out to be.

Tavarez is worse defensively but you have to balance that against what he brings offensively. My biggest criticism of Tierney is that he's too one dimensional - get to the byline, cross, repeat. He is a great crosser but none of our forwards are good at attacking high crosses, so it's a wasted skill. Tavarez brings us more combination play, ball carrying and composure. He needs to cut out the constant long shots though.

Competition is a good thing. Arteta got it right to keep Tavarez in. Hopefully Tierney has been watching Nuno and sees what he's been lacking, and vice versa. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tierney start against United.

Top Bottom