• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I just don't think he has the fitness to be running up and down the entire games. Him, Laca and Partey are always exhausted in the second half and I'd assume that's why Tierney and Partey tend to get injured often.
What happened against Everton happened at Chelsea and some other matches too tbh.

Kind of ridiculous the role Arteta has him playing, I still think LCB is the best we’ve seen of Tierney here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I also like that the YouTuber isn’t afraid to note that Tierney has a problem with his first touch and inaccurate passes too. This wouldn’t be a big deal if he was more of a defender but he’s so crucial to the attack it becomes a problem.

This channel should really have way more views anyways.
It’s weird seeing so many of the calls I/we have made over the last couple seasons start to gain traction.

Even at his best I highlighted Tieney’s limited offensive game and his go-to move being kick and run. For Arsenal he’s our attacking fullback but at City he would actually be the fullback who tucks in to form a back three. There’s level’s to this and Nuno has shown that, going forwards at least.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’s just not very good. His best form has been as a LCB in a back three. It hides his lack of technical ability @theplaymaker. Can’t play three games in a row without breaking down either - at 24 ffs.

Would sell for £10m.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He’s just not very good. His best form has been as a LCB in a back three. It hides his lack of technical ability @theplaymaker. Can’t play three games in a row without breaking down either - at 24 ffs.

Would sell for £10m

Who would you replace him with shagger?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Good video explaining why we lost the Everton match because of Tierney.
Dunno where you found this but it’s really insightful.

Just goes to show how complex this simple game can be. Bet you nobody is suggesting that Tierney is the reason we lost but in a way…he was.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Great video! Another example of us overburdening players with responsibilities they can’t handle.

Feel sorry for Tierney having to be the main plan of attack
Not sure what this video is showing us other than we are asking our left back to be both left winger and left full back. He is returning to match fitness, he was knackered and rightly subbed off as it was clear he couldn't get back. Pretty sure it was a few minutes after the Xhaka foul that he came off.

As for being the quickest at the club he might be but he isn't Usain Bolt nor is he a robot.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think it suits him a lot more when he can time his runs from deeper positions rather than being asked to be so far forward all the time. Being on the left of a back 3 allowed him to do that effectively and he also had more time time and space to pick out a pass over the top.

Can't see Arteta going away from the back 4 now but maybe Tierney at LCB with Tavares at wing back would be worth having a look at. He works very well together with Robertson playing that way when he can pick the right moments to push forward. Looks very solid defensively in a back 3 as well when he's not having to work so hard to get back into position.

With the back 4 Tomiyasu is always going to be the RB tucking in which means the left side has to be the highest forward and I don't think that is the right way of getting the best out of Tierney.

mpower2540

Not sure what this video is showing us other than we are asking our left back to be both left winger and left full back. He is returning to match fitness, he was knackered and rightly subbed off as it was clear he couldn't get back. Pretty sure it was a few minutes after the Xhaka foul that he came off.

As for being the quickest at the club he might be but he isn't Usain Bolt nor is he a robot.
Pretty much, hey I found it pretty interesting while adding to my suspicions that we’re asking way too much of some of our players.

He should be a player that is able to supplement the attack rather than be the be all and end all to it. Which is a fault of the coach.

Don’t think I’ll ever be convinced by his technical level mind 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The overall performance was better than the Everton defensively still he defending very narrow i don't get why another assist as well even tho got lucky with it first lol

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Just to illustrate the difference in our left-side with and without Tierney-Ball.

- Xhaka has to cover the left back constantly, leaving Partey alone and limiting Xhaka's passing.
- Martinelli is dragged down the field. Limiting his opportunities to shine and contribute to attack.
- Lacazette is dragged to the left. Again, limiting him.
- And most of all Tierney's average position doesn't even ****ing change that much.

It was a stop-gap solution when it was introduced and I don't know why we still had to endure it last week. I pray that this is the last time.

FGAYA30VcAAn68d

FGV6otFVIAABDGM

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Re the balance, I agree with @AberGooner about Tierney being better when he arrives later and times his run, usually executing a nice overlap. We saw that a lot before this season.

However, since the end of last season Arteta is pushing him really high up, which isn’t his game. Maybe we should have signed a marauding right back and allowed Tierney to be the more conservative fullback, picking and choosing when he attacks. It would be a more efficient use of him as he does better in those types of situations.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just to illustrate the difference in our left-side with and without Tierney-Ball.

- Xhaka has to cover the left back constantly, leaving Partey alone and limiting Xhaka's passing.
- Martinelli is dragged down the field. Limiting his opportunities to shine and contribute to attack.
- And most of all Tierney's average position doesn't even ****ing change that much.

It was a stop-gap solution when it was introduced and I don't know why we still had to endure it last week. I pray that this is the last time.

FGAYA30VcAAn68d

FGV6otFVIAABDGM
Big changes I see there are Tomi deeper, Xhaka pusher up, Laca pushed up, Martinelli pushed up. The whole left side except Tierney is further forward and Tomi deeper to compensate.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

FGAYA30VcAAn68d

FGV6otFVIAABDGM
The difference between the passing map between today and Everton that we dropped for no reason Everton wasn't even pressing like Southampton and it was at thier ground our team strange one game is good one game is total different thing

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The difference between the passing map between today and Everton that we dropped for no reason Everton wasn't even pressing like Southampton and it was at thier ground our team strange one game is good one game is total different thing
?

No

The Tierney thing with Xhaka covering in left-back is well established and discussed for ages and we didn't do that today. If this was simply pressing, the positioning wouldn't differ that big. Instead of the left-back covering Xhaka was probably our most centrally positioned player today and Tierney did more defensive work than usual (but still did plenty forward).

Just look on the right side where the positioning is mostly the same to Everton with the only exception being Tomi a bit further back.

Top Bottom