• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm afraid people are expecting Tierney will come in and solve all of our problems.
Tierney will not solve the ****show we saw yesterday.
Yep, even though our fullbacks are quite average it's not their main responsibility to organize the build up. When Kola receives the ball I never expect anything good to come from it though, so he will be a major step up.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yep, even though our fullbacks are quite average it's not their main responsibility to organize the build up. When Kola receives the ball I never expect anything good to come from it though, so he will be a major step up.
Why? How is his bit of pace going to completely change the way we play? And is that really what we want, a manager who is completely reliant on certain players to have a functioning system. That is pathetic.

Ashybashy86

Why? How is his bit of pace going to completely change the way we play? And is that really what we want, a manager who is completely reliant on certain players to have a functioning system. That is pathetic.
I agree with you in part, but good delivery needs to come from somewhere in the final third. It sure as heck isn't going to come from the middle. So, while it certainly won't "completely" change the way we play, perhaps we can have more chances created by Tierney/Bellerin from out wide.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
It's not. Like I say, our issues are not primarily the fullbacks and they should not be responsible for the build-up (that's indeed a pathetic system). However, Kolasinac has completely lost his ability to contribute anything to our offense and he gets a lot of the basics wrong. Someone who can help out more in that regard in our dysfunctioning system at least gets some of the pressure off. And I expect more from him should he find himself in an attacking position (should our pathetic system accidentally put him there).

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I agree with you in part, but good delivery needs to come from somewhere in the final third. It sure as heck isn't going to come from the middle. So, while it certainly won't "completely" change the way will play, perhaps we can have more chances created by Tierney/Bellerin from out wide.
It's not. Like I say, our issues are not primarily the fullbacks and they should not be responsible for the build-up (that's indeed a pathetic system). However, Kolasinac has completely lost his ability to contribute anything to our offense and he gets a lot of the basics wrong. Someone who can help out more in that regard in our dysfunctioning system at least gets some of the pressure off. And I expect more from him should he find himself in an attacking position (should our pathetic system accidentally put him there).
Fair enough, I'm just completely despondent regarding this utter rubbish we're being fed. It is just so shocking.
Come in to work this morning and someone says "Don't look down, chap, Liverpool almost lost to Sheffield as well"
To which I replied "Yes, but Liverpool created masses of chances that game even though they were playing well below their normal level, while we were basically at the level we've shown all season and as usual we created absolutely nothing"

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Poor so far when he's been up against proper opposition, and not EL/CC. The PL is simply much tougher than SPL farmers he's used to.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Poor so far when he's been up against proper opposition, and not EL/CC. The PL is simply much tougher than SPL farmers he's used to.
If I didnt know you were fishing I'd just say a lad that's been out injured for a while and joined a new team is finding his feet. But I know you're deep sea fishing :)

Jack Russell

He's getting rave reviews from people who know what a fullback is. Done very well today and looks like our LB for many years to come. That'll do for me.

zilfy

He played with the hunger our team has so often lacked in recent years. Quality acquisition

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's getting rave reviews from people who know what a fullback is. Done very well today and looks like our LB for many years to come. That'll do for me.

Agreed. He’s the antithesis of those “soft underbelly” types we’ve been recruiting for many years, but is also an excellent footballer.

We didn’t use him enough in the first half.

Massive signing if he can stay fit.

Jack Russell

Agreed. He’s the antithesis of those “soft underbelly” types we’ve been recruiting for many years, but is also an excellent footballer.

We didn’t use him enough in the first half.

Massive signing if he can stay fit.
Sounds a bit funny to say it, considering we're meant to be a top club and should have quality players that know their job filling the positions, but it's good to see an Arsenal fullback measuring and shaping his crosses rather than just trying to land it somewhere central. He's confident enough in his ability to look up and spot someone, and then decide on the right pace and trajectory...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom