Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Being linked with a £25 million move to Leicester. Guess he's missing Brenda....

2. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

:lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners likes this.
  3. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

I disagree, but then it will be more for the unpopular opinions thread. I was all for Clichy, we used to be quite good defensively (in 07/08 we conceded 31 goals, the City 'Centurions' conceded 27 a few years ago, so we didn't do bad at all that season), and he provided a lot in attack. But then I also liked Monreal of course, even though he took his time to adapt. The limited player was Gibbs.

On Tierney: I was very impressed with him when he played, but Saka is providing so much to this team that I wonder if he can be replaced. Defensively immaculate (with Xhaka's covering), and provides so much in attack.

Riou likes this.
  4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

They'll need to sell chilwell first. Tierney Saka our LB LW for years to come.

5. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Both Clichy and Gibbs are limited players.
    Clichy a bit limited in attack and Gibbs clearly a defensive liability.
    I do agree with you to an extent, Clichy was underrated by Arsenal fans especially his defensive contributions which he did very fine, minus a bit of his periodic brain fart and his strange marital status - Nani's second wify.

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

might be able to stick Saka on the LW soon and Auba back into the middle

bingobob, pigge, NieThePiet and 4 others like this.
  7. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

With it being a shoulder injury Tierney has been able to keep up a relatively good level of fitness. Been so stop-start for him. Can’t wait for him to get a run of games going, he’s a superb LB.

Tierney LB, Saka LW could be magical.

Kingofthebongo, North5, Malky and 5 others like this.
  8. grange

grange Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we see their abilities to seamlessly swap positions on the fly throughout a match now that Saka has had experience playing LB at the senior level. Tierney can overlap to provide Saka the opportunities to cut inside to draw defenses toward him or Saka can hang back for LB cover and allow him to overlap for crosses, etc. They can play possession together pretty well from what I've seen of both individually on the pitch (small sample sizes).

I think it has potential to cause chaos on opposing defenses especially on those sides who aren't well organized.

9. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Weird how the idea of Auba playing central actually just feels unlikely to me now.

North5, NieThePiet, Keplaz and 3 others like this.
  10. Oxeki

Oxeki Well-Known Member

Tbh, I don't think we'll see Auba in the middle from now till the end of the season.
    Arteta has had many opportunities to play him in the middle but hasn't, that should tell you something

11. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

League not ready for KT and Saka down the left.

They’re going to be an absolute problem

12. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Saka's becoming an assist machine and we've already seen some of the crosses that Tierney can hit, we move Auba to CF and no teams defense is ready for this :drool::drool:

James Bond and Rex Banter like this.
  13. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Eddie and Auba will be feasting

14. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Kiernan Tierney and Auba* down the left, we all know it.

15. yousif_arsenal

Great Tierney Saka is close to happen.

16. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

It will probably be Tierney or Saka at LW/LB with Auba/Gabi/Nelson/ in the inside channel. They’re too similar to play together

Edit: Unless KT tucks in and is played in midfield like Bellerin is atm of course

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  17. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

I don’t think we will see Auba in the middle under Arteta myself.

One of Tierney and Saka will get benched.

Cause Arteta is a bit of a noob.

18. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I agree.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  19. yousif_arsenal

Don't think it'll last longer auba will have to play in middle because laca can't do s**t recently.

20. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Really looking forward to see Tierney get a run of games. I believe Tierney will finally show us what a great FB actually can do. Some people here believe Bellerin is a great one...