• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiltord's left boot

It's less about the sauce=ability thing people fall into (glad others are clocking on) it's more like 'omg he's like one of us I love him' so they start getting excited over it.

Yeah I like him but as @Fewtch freebandz said, they're already calling him a role model and the future captain because he tucked his shirt in lmao :lol:

It's always some weird popularity contest it seems.

Look at the way he is on the pitch. He screams and appeals for everything. I've already seen him directing Saka back into position when we were sitting back and telling Martinez when to play out/come from crosses etc...

That's pretty impressive for a new(ish) player. You can just tell he's serious about his football and will go to war with anyone.

I also think you underestimate the way he carries himself off the pitch. These kind of things say a lot about a person and can really bridge the gap between fans and players...something we've seen a lot with Liverpool in the last couple of years.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I've been keen on Tierney as a player since he was 17, but I don't see him as captain material now or in the future

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Snap!
I think the same unassuming character that makes him so popular makes him more of a great person in the dressing room rather than a leader of men. Leadership may be predicated on a degree of selflessness, but also requires a degree of ego as well. In Tierney I see the former but less of the latter.

That isn't a criticism in any way, btw. I hope he can stay fit and makes the position his own for a decade

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I would've certainly marked him down as a potential captain. I mean out of our current options he sticks out as having the most leadership qualities and his attitude and commitment back that up.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I would've certainly marked him down as a potential captain. I mean out of our current options he sticks out as having the most leadership qualities and his attitude and commitment back that up.

I suppose it depends on what you consider as leadership qualities. What stands out for you? How do you define those leadership qualities?

Its a phrase that's used a lot (by me too!), but it means different things to different people I think.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Him playing with his shirt tucked in is beautiful really, very much a throw back to a better time...

52523055-fussball-cl-0304-arsenal-london-celta-de-vigo.jpg.jpg

:drool:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I came in here just to say this tbh. He had his lovers before he had even kicked a ball for us.
The no nonsense down to earth thing that’s been blown out of proportion bothers me a bit as well. Plenty of humble ballers I’m not sure why he’s getting additional praise for carrying Tesco bags.

Saying that, fantastic game and if he can stay fit easily one of our most exciting players.

For too long our squad demographic has been heavily weighted towards pampered, sensitive, insta-influencing, vegan, Brazilian-waxed, metrosexual players. You need a good ol mix of characters to stir it up in there :lol:

As a previous poster said, KT isn’t going to bat an eyelid on a rainy weds night away in Bolton, you must admit that type of temperament plus a full back who can consistently cross the ball well are things Gooners have been crying out for. No wonder the boy is being lapped up.

Tesco bags = 3 points away in the north
Walking a Yorkshire Terrier puppy who is dressed in a pink coat and matching lead = 0 points away in the north

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

For too long our squad demographic has been heavily weighted towards pampered, sensitive, insta-influencing, vegan, Brazilian-waxed, metrosexual players. You need a good ol mix of characters to stir it up in there :lol:
We have had plenty of humble Arsenal players, past and present. Humility is definitely not a shortcoming of our current crop apart from a known few. I think its kinda wrong how the media and the fans have singled out KT as a single beacon of light.

I just don't think Tierney's humble/no nonsense nature should be promoted like it is, his performances on the pitch should be highlighted instead. Just feels like a popularity contest.

If players want to come to the game with Gucci purses whats it to you? you don't know their story.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We have had plenty of humble Arsenal players, past and present. Humility is definitely not a shortcoming of our current crop apart from a known few. I think its kinda wrong how the media and the fans have singled out KT as a single beacon of light.

I just don't think Tierney's humble nature should be promoted like it is, his performances on the pitch should be highlighted instead. Just feels like a popularity contest.

If players want to come to the game with Gucci purses whats it to you? you don't know their story.

Mate, its just a bit of fun that people have grabbed onto over a Tesco bag and tucked in shirt in a time of perpetual miserable news around the world. Why are you taking it to heart? Are you an ASDA person?

We have been tarnished by the folklore that our players are soft-touch primadonnas who wilt under pressure in a difficult away game. This is more of a historical artifact than a reflection on the current crop of players (although our current away record is indeed abysmal). When a bit of news comes along in the opposite direction its no wonder that people overreact.

For me, it's not about the bags. Its about the rainy away nights in Bolton.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

For me, it's not about the bags. Its about the rainy away nights in Bolton.
Fair enough I get your point. I agree its good to see a player who is not afraid to bark at his teammates. His mentality is defo one of his strong points and it does come across.

Im a sainsburys guy myself, no particular reason its just the closest.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I suppose it depends on what you consider as leadership qualities. What stands out for you? How do you define those leadership qualities?

Its a phrase that's used a lot (by me too!), but it means different things to different people I think.

In general his attitude and the way he conducts himself could be used as an example to others. Even Bellerin said he was somewhat inspired by the hard work Tierney was putting in when returning from injury. He seems pretty vocal on the pitch and he's a fighter without losing his discipline. Out of all the options we currently have he's certainly the one I'd say is most suited to being captain.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

I just don't think Tierney's humble/no nonsense nature should be promoted like it is, his performances on the pitch should be highlighted instead. Just feels like a popularity contest.

I don't disagree with you, but it does no harm at all to have an alternative image for a change

Corbulo

The woman I was watching the game with told me the reason Tierney tucks his shirt in is because he wants the females to stare at his huge bulge. A better calculated sort of pride. I don't know if we should look deeper into that.

Having said that I rate him highly. I like his running, crossing, passing, tackling - everything just looks right and proper for a fullback. He probably buys ice from Tesco and travels all the way to the North Pole so he can set it free.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The woman I was watching the game with told me the reason Tierney tucks his shirt in is because he wants the females to stare at his huge bulge. A better calculated sort of pride. I don't know if we should look deeper into that.

Having said that I rate him highly. I like his running, crossing, passing, tackling - everything just looks right and proper for a fullback. He probably buys ice from Tesco and travels all the way to the North Pole so he can set it free.
He probably wears the Ice so he can feel like he's back in Glasgow in winter...

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

“the woman” what woman? Wife/girlfriend, date? Sister/mum? Sisterwife? I have to know.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

for me it's a no brainer someone like Tierney is a captain.

Aside from his work on the training ground it's the way he is on the pitch. Its really interesting watching these games with no fans. You can tell who the captains are. You can hear Jordan Henderson and Van Dijk yelling across the pitch you can hear Maguire making demands of his players. That's what captains do and its refreshing hearing that on tv.

but it's also that the captain comes in and you see the captain working their socks off in training. What does that say to a younger player. They have to do the same. If they are doing kt then so should you.

The down to earth training how you play is an added bonus.

Thought he had a good game tonight,quiet second half,gradually getting back to his best,do you lads rate him?was rumours of Rodgers looking to sign him,would you sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom