• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooplehead

Lets do it again but with Edouard this time
Every success story bumps the price up, Eddy looks to be hanging around for another season(hopefully), when he goes it'll be for a minimum of £35-40m, and like KT it would be less than half his worth, I actually think Celtic have a few players who would improve Arsenal not that I'd like them to leave.

Callum McGregor is the most underrated player in British football, it baffles me that he is so rarely touted, and like KT you couldn't find a better model pro, never has a bad game and plays 70 games a season.

lazyfreak

Previously KT has been shifted to RB where he has done well defensively but not the same going forward,also been used in a back 3 as lcb where he done well but Robertson struggled as a lwb,that’s why I think KT is the better player,can play lots of positions well but Robertson can’t,for what it’s worth genuinely think KT would be a revelation playing CM
Why does everyone need to be playing CM or any other position through the middle and think they'd be better suited there or be some kind "revelation" there?!

The list has become ridiculous over the years and especially recently. Chamberlain supposedly should've been a CM, Maitland-Niles should be a CM (some even think he's strictly a CM), Iwobi should've been "repurposed" as a CM, Pepe supposedly should be some kind second striker or CAM so he can be closer to goal and have more impact or something along those lines, Saka has played there a couple times and now people think CM or even CAM should basically be his new position and now Tierney would be a "revelation" there?

Come on! Who's next? At this rate we'll end up playing 3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Every success story bumps the price up, Eddy looks to be hanging around for another season(hopefully), when he goes it'll be for a minimum of £35-40m, and like KT it would be less than half his worth, I actually think Celtic have a few players who would improve Arsenal not that I'd like them to leave.

Callum McGregor is the most underrated player in British football, it baffles me that he is so rarely touted, and like KT you couldn't find a better model pro, never has a bad game and plays 70 games a season.

Agree McGregor is underrated. Not sure he's Arsenal standard, but his work-rate gives him value even when execution goes off.

Hooplehead

Agree McGregor is underrated. Not sure he's Arsenal standard, but his work-rate gives him value even when execution goes off.
Depends what you mean by Arsenal standard, if you wanna challenge Liverpool and Man City for the title then perhaps you need better, but they guys will cost £100m+.

I personally wouldn't swap McGregor for any current Arsenal midfielders.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Depends what you mean by Arsenal standard, if you wanna challenge Liverpool and Man City for the title then perhaps you need better, but they guys will cost £100m+.

I personally wouldn't swap McGregor for any current Arsenal midfielders.

I disagree with your conclusion, but essentially with the kids Arsenal have in the squad, I'm meaning as a Champions League player, because there's no point talking about external players who can't hack it at that level. I think McGregor could be useful for us at Europa League level, but he's not going to make this team top 4.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My Tierney will never be corrupted. He'll always be surrounded by the coocoon of innocence

Innocent lad is fresh meat for gold digging urban wags. Not a fair fight.

Someone should get Caroline Lucas to look after him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Like a real young millionaire should.

Don't get why to be likeable as a footballer you have to reject the privileged life you've worked hard to earn.:lol:

Interesting point. I don’t think anyone has explicitly stated that ballin’ in the club is something that makes you unlikeable. Just that there is a feel good work ethic about a young man being 100% laser focused on his job.

There are some all time great footballers who have had their exploits splashed in the press. Drink, drugs, gambling, infidelity. My attitude has always been as you're performing on the pitch it’s all good. Obviously there is a tipping point where partying starts to affect you career and one strategy is to stay away from it all together.

All joking aside, if you are a young man with a lot of disposable income, there are a lot of dangerous traps lurking within the bright lights of London. But sometimes the traps are clearly marked with large tattoos on their backs :rofl:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Like a real young millionaire should.

Don't get why to be likeable as a footballer you have to reject the privileged life you've worked hard to earn.:lol:
I think if you're truly dedicated then these are the things you do. You resist temptation and focus on your career. really it's what from 12 to 35? during the off season and after youve retired do what you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom