• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Fair enough, thanks for the clarification, and I get your point. I’ll stop the Carragher bashing. For now.
Oh no keep at it, I remember thinking at the time what he was saying was ridiculous. He was essentially saying Tierney was beaten or useless against Traore because of one ineffective cross after he managed to get a yard on Tierney to put it in.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

None of this is even remotely surprising with Tierney, it was clear to see from his Celtic days he was absolute quality, always looked quality even against the likes of City in the Champions League.

Hopefully this'll be a lesson for people not to rule out signing players just because they play in a much lesser league, quality shines through and rises to the top. Hence why I've got so much faith in someone like Edouard. It's just clear to see he's capable of playing at a much higher level. Even with Van Dijk it was the same. Yet in the past even us being linked to an SPL player and you'd see people groaning.

Back onto Tierney what's so great about him is that he's a full-back not only both great defensively and offensively but what's key for me is that he's comfortable as an overlapping full-back or in recent times a wing-back but he's also capable of playing more inverted if needs be. This for me is such an asset to have because there's a lot of cases where there's a full-back who're purely good at overlapping or are far better playing more inverted but with Tierney give him any role, play any type of LW ahead of him and he can adapt. That's the mark of a top full-back for me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You do have to worry about the Scottish league these days, it is a very poor league to what it once was.

Scott Sinclair went from a nobody in England, to the best player over there...Dedryck Boyata went from getting Bolton relegated, to Sol Campbell in the SPL.

It's a bit like the Dutch league, for every Luiz Suarez, there is like 99 Vincent Janssen's these days...the clubs have to make sure they do the scouting well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m willing to bet fatigue, Wolves really tried to overload the right side and I’m confident it was just a case of fresh legs.
Both Tierney and AMN did well.

Hooplehead

he had the time to recover from the surgery and then if he hadnt recovered he picked up another injury which would have allowed any lingering issues an opportunity to recover further. Then obviously weve the Corona break also.

I'd like to think considering all of that the pubis injury is gone. The surgery worked and the ample recovery time has allowed it to heal as best it can.
Hope you are correct, but I think if you watch him from a couple of seasons ago there's still a considerable difference in his movement and his stamina is still a log way off, he was known for still making lung bursting runs in injury time in his younger days.
Hopefully it's more of a fitness issue than an injury one.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hope you are correct, but I think if you watch him from a couple of seasons ago there's still a considerable difference in his movement and his stamina is still a log way off, he was known for still making lung bursting runs in injury time in his younger days.
Hopefully it's more of a fitness issue than an injury one.
I've watched Celtic for 25 years. Ive a fair idea what Tierney can do and cannot do. To me the issue is match fitness. He has barely featured for 12 months and is now playing every 3 days.

He is also playing in a different position and role to the one he played for Celtic.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You do have to worry about the Scottish league these days, it is a very poor league to what it once was.

Scott Sinclair went from a nobody in England, to the best player over there...Dedryck Boyata went from getting Bolton relegated, to Sol Campbell in the SPL.

It's a bit like the Dutch league, for every Luiz Suarez, there is like 99 Vincent Janssen's these days...the clubs have to make sure they do the scouting well.
Sinclair always had ability. He scored a lot of goals for Swansea and ended up getting a move to City.

Boyata was a bomb scare. An error prone centre half. But even still he was a good enough defender that played for Belgium in the WC. Given their defenders he couldnt have been that bad. But he was certainly no Sol Campbell.

Buyers should always be mindful and do due diligence. But you can find decent players there. I think people fail to see how many poor players play in the Premier League already. Outside the top 4 or 6 a lot of the players at West Ham, Bournemouth, Brighton etc are medicore. Its just the glitz and glamour of those above that make them look better, plus the sparkle of an odd top talent in their ranks.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've watched Celtic for 25 years. Ive a fair idea what Tierney can do and cannot do. To me the issue is match fitness. He has barely featured for 12 months and is now playing every 3 days.

He is also playing in a different position and role to the one he played for Celtic.

And let's be brutally honest there's a lot more demands on a full-back or a wing-back up against Traore and Doherty on the flank for example than there would be against Willie McKracken on the right wing of Kilmarnock who's a couple of stone overweight and had 12 pints of Stella the night before and had a couple of bottles of Irn Bru pre-game.

When he's fully match fit he'll be really up and running.

Malky

Established Member
The people that still don't want to give the lad the praise that he deserves are the ones who just don't want to admit they were wrong about a Scottish lad joining from such an " inferior, farmers league " and impressing them. Like already said - the best is still yet to come as his fitness is still not at 100% and he's still adapting to the league.
Tierney is a serious talent.

say yes

forum master baiter
None of this is even remotely surprising with Tierney, it was clear to see from his Celtic days he was absolute quality, always looked quality even against the likes of City in the Champions League.

Hopefully this'll be a lesson for people not to rule out signing players just because they play in a much lesser league, quality shines through and rises to the top. Hence why I've got so much faith in someone like Edouard. It's just clear to see he's capable of playing at a much higher level. Even with Van Dijk it was the same. Yet in the past even us being linked to an SPL player and you'd see people groaning.

Back onto Tierney what's so great about him is that he's a full-back not only both great defensively and offensively but what's key for me is that he's comfortable as an overlapping full-back or in recent times a wing-back but he's also capable of playing more inverted if needs be. This for me is such an asset to have because there's a lot of cases where there's a full-back who're purely good at overlapping or are far better playing more inverted but with Tierney give him any role, play any type of LW ahead of him and he can adapt. That's the mark of a top full-back for me.
Daddy Raul has done it again hasn’t he?

Can’t wait to be told next season how dreadful Raul’s first transfer window at the club was when we’ve got Saliba, Tierney and Pepe all doing bits on the pitch at the same time :drool:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sinclair always had ability. He scored a lot of goals for Swansea and ended up getting a move to City.

Boyata was a bomb scare. An error prone centre half. But even still he was a good enough defender that played for Belgium in the WC. Given their defenders he couldnt have been that bad. But he was certainly no Sol Campbell.

Buyers should always be mindful and do due diligence. But you can find decent players there. I think people fail to see how many poor players play in the Premier League already. Outside the top 4 or 6 a lot of the players at West Ham, Bournemouth, Brighton etc are medicore. Its just the glitz and glamour of those above that make them look better, plus the sparkle of an odd top talent in their ranks.

Just posted that to get a reaction tbf ;)

Think it's a shame what's happened to Scottish football, most football really, money has changed a lot.

Southampton taking your best players, a team like West Ham taking Lazio's best player...it's quite sad...yous had Henrik Larrson for his prime years, while now most of your best players are gone by 25, most not even going to "bigger clubs" initially.

Nothing against either West Ham or Southampton, but they shouldn't have more pull than Celtic and Lazio, but they do due to the money in England.

As a nostalgia merchant, I don't like how little club's history seem to matter now.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Oh no keep at it, I remember thinking at the time what he was saying was ridiculous. He was essentially saying Tierney was beaten or useless against Traore because of one ineffective cross after he managed to get a yard on Tierney to put it in.
Actually Tierney failed to stop Traore from crossing on two occasions.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Daddy Raul has done it again hasn’t he?

Can’t wait to be told next season how dreadful Raul’s first transfer window at the club was when we’ve got Saliba, Tierney and Pepe all doing bits on the pitch at the same time :drool:
I just hope Saliba turns out to be the baller we all think he is. I catch myself counting him with the great signings and future Arsenal core when we haven’t even seen him play a minute in the red and white! But let’s hope!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I just hope Saliba turns out to be the baller we all think he is. I catch myself counting him with the great signings and future Arsenal core when we haven’t even seen him play a minute in the red and white! But let’s hope!
I wonder who Saliba's long-term partner will be. I have hope that one of our academy defenders will finally step up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom