• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly @GDeep™ @Troopz Tierney's stock seems pretty low right now... If Nuno performs really well vs Wimbledon it might be time to start the agenda, get the racewar going :pray::pray:

Can’t wait for Wednesday. The season starts for us then. Got my notepad prepared for my scouting mission.

listening-writing.gif

KT is getting sent back to Scotland.

:drool:

Wryer

We have next to zero attacking ability aerially in open play - so I don't get those lofted crosses when 15 players are in the final third.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Defensively he was quite good neither moura or Alli got past him. but offensively i'm bit worried he not having same impact like last season. It's positive that mean we not over dependent on him anymore.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Thought he'll be fired up for the derby but another meh performance. Especially in attack. Crossing is suddenly so bad. Last season he used to cross so well but none of our players took the chances. Now it's the reverse. Hope he's back to his best soon.

Liam_Og

Defensively he was quite good neither moura or Alli got past him. but offensively i'm bit worried he not having same impact like last season. It's positive that mean we not over dependent on him anymore.

He was defensively solid. Pretty sure he made the most interceptions.

Looks like less of a threat going forward as Arteta has decided to not put every attacking move through him. Thats a team tactical change rather than a decline.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He was defensively solid. Pretty sure he made the most interceptions.

Looks like less of a threat going forward as Arteta has decided to not put every attacking move through him. Thats a team tactical change rather than a decline.

Really liked that about today. Didn't appear that the attack was anywhere as near as focused on Tierney. Allowed him to concentrate a bit more on his defensive duty which I thought he did well.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Thought he'll be fired up for the derby but another meh performance. Especially in attack. Crossing is suddenly so bad. Last season he used to cross so well but none of our players took the chances. Now it's the reverse. Hope he's back to his best soon.
Did he not help set one of the goals, think Xhaka fed him on the second and he played a fantastic ball forward then. Other than that he was tackling and dispossessing Ali like it was going out of fashion, they couldn't get anything down his side.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Did he not help set one of the goals, think Xhaka fed him on the second and he played a fantastic ball forward then. Other than that he was tackling and dispossessing Ali like it was going out of fashion, they couldn't get anything down his side.
Yes defensively he was good. No complaints. But that's expected and I expect even more in attack from KT. I'm sure he'll be back soon in that regard as well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ruined one or two promising moves with mindless crossing, but over the course of the match thought he was good tbh.

I used to blame Arteta for his no look crossing, but I think it’s similar to the Leno situation (his struggles with playing out from the back), his decision making is flopping the instructions.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yes defensively he was good. No complaints. But that's expected and I expect even more in attack from KT. I'm sure he'll be back soon in that regard as well.
Think he was quite busy keeping Moura and Ali who drifted out there a lot quiet. Done his job and still did well with the ball going forward, cant remember exactly what points other than the second goal but he definitely played a few nice quick balls forward. Yeah he made a couple of poor crosses but thats hardly all he did helping the attack.

Second goal where he played a quick ball forward to Auba for the layoff: GOAL! Auba 2-0

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I thought he was immense today, went a bit unnoticed how much defensive work he got through. Tierney always looks better when he's not being asked to play a winger, his attacking balance and link up with ESR were good.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The guy put in a big shift today defensively, a lot of it went unnoticed I think.

Less of an impact going forwards but I think Arteta is tactically moving away from KT being the focus of our build up play, probably for the best, though he'll still contribute I'm sure.

He's not on his top form currently but he's fine. My only concern is watching him play you feel it's only a matter of time before he breaks down again.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The Japanese guy on the right is the type of a defensive FB I enjoy seeing, solid on the ball and great at defending, but Tierney only offers the defensive side of the game while being dogshit on the ball. Not good enough for me, but at least he is not making some costly defensive errors so he will probably be accepted among most of the fans

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The Japanese guy on the right is the type of a defensive FB I enjoy seeing, solid on the ball and great at defending, but Tierney only offers the defensive side of the game while being dogshit on the ball. Not good enough for me, but at least he is not making some costly defensive errors so he will probably be accepted among most of the fans
🤣

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He did a good job in defence and that's the main thing. The last two games has shown him levels below eg Monreal in developing an attack. I hope he can develop a bit more than head down, run and cross but he's keeping healthy and working hard and that's a big plus in itself.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He did a good job in defence and that's the main thing. The last two games has shown him levels below eg Monreal in developing an attack. I hope he can develop a bit more than head down, run and cross but he's keeping healthy and working hard and that's a big plus in itself.
Tbf Monreal was average going forward at the start of his Arsenal career. Most of us believed Gibbs to be better going forward at one point. Tierney will improve. He just needs to add variation on his crosses and maybe a striker who likes headers will help him out.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Personally think that "dogshit on the ball" is an extremely harsh assessment of Tierney's abilities. I don't think we've seen enough of Tomi yet to know if he offers as much going forward as Tierney does. KT doesn't have the best passing range, but he's an excellent defender - as well as that he's fast & aggressive; can dribble and cross and score as well. He's a great player to have in the team, albeit was in a bit of a dip before the Sp**s game.

In Tomi and KT we've potentially got an excellent pair of young full backs.

Are these the types of comments and insight that happens on here regularly?

Top Bottom