• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think Tierney is a top quality player, just to be clear.

Just because I said that I feel Nuno offers a bit more offensively, I don't want to get put into the group with people that don't like/rate him :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

"I hope Tavares plays (versus United) i’m seeing people say they don’t do business with Kieran Tierney anymore. What is wrong with our f***ing fanbase, man?! It’s so ridiculous."

...Ian Wright coming straight at AM 🤣

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think Tierney is a top quality player, just to be clear.

Just because I said that I feel Nuno offers a bit more offensively, I don't want to get put into the group with people that don't like/rate him :lol:
Defenders offering more going forward is why we have conceded 20 goals so far and on our way to concede more than 50 and has 17 goals. The whole attacking full backs is so exaggerated

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Defenders offering more going forward is why we have conceded 20 goals so far and on our way to concede more than 50 and has 17 goals. The whole attacking full backs is so exaggerated
We seem to have two different tiers to our defence; our defense seems very capable against low to mid table competition (don't we have one of the highest number of clean sheets in league) but it is conceding a lot of goals against the teams with the highest quality attacking players. This is why it's a bit perplexing how to judge our defence; a lot of clean sheets but we have still conceded quite a lot of goals against us

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We seem to have two different tiers to our defence; our defense seems very capable against low to mid table competition (don't we have one of the highest number of clean sheets in league) but it is conceding a lot of goals against the teams with the highest quality attacking players. This is why it's a bit perplexing how to judge our defence; a lot of clean sheets but we have still conceded quite a lot of goals against us
It’s simple. We are a defensive team that’s not very good. Any good side batters us. But we use the stats against smaller teams to spin it our way. If I was a betting man I would say we will end up conceding between 52-57 goals this season. Part of the problem is we are poor at keeping the ball due to bad coaching. So our defence don’t get much rest.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Really pleased we have two decent players at left back pushing each other for competition, especially with the dreaded Christmas run coming up.

Some good news in a dismal season.

There is no need to be upset.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thought he had a decent hour. Again like Xhaka though, looked nowhere near fit enough for it. We've got a relatively big squad, shouldn't be starting 2 players who aren't quite ready.

mirrorstares

He wasn't impressive but was one of our most confident players. Locked out his side and provided an assist out of nowhere

Not bad for his first match back, subbing him out was a fatal mistake.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously unfit and another off form player of many been taking off early in 2nd half tells you alot about his fitness level. He was shocking defensively his side was just too open

Polar Bear

I thought Tierney was the best player to be fair, did nothing wrong at all and we were winning until he came off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I thought Tierney was the best player to be fair, did nothing wrong at all and we were winning until he came off.
He poor defensively his side was exposed because of his inability of getting back quick if he was good defensively i don't think mikel would take the risk of bringing Tavares on

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His assist will get him some praise but until then, he had the usual run and cut back routine. No penetrative one twos and only one? venture infield. Yes, we were winning when he went off but in the 62nd minute, both him and Tomi were upfield. We lose the ball and Xhaka showed incredible fitness and pace to hold up the counter before diving in and getting a yellow. That ultimately cost us when Xhaka pulled out of a later challenge. Tierney had no energy or pace to get back abs defend snd that was the case pre injury. I don't want to hammer him but he is technically limited and quite "unfit". It's quietly costing us and he just seems to be someone for Xhaka to pass to for too long in a match. I hope he improves.

mpower2540

We pushed him high so Xhaka can do the hybrid LB thing again and low and behold every attack seemed to be Xhaka to Tierney who would receive it with a closed stance then pass it back to Xhaka again.

I bet this kid just for once would like to be able to arrive on an overlap rather than receive the ball high and have to create space for a cross by himself.

His crossing is his best attribute tbh. He’s not that good at much else, however we make it extremely difficult for him with the system we play.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Good video explaining why we lost the Everton match because of Tierney.
Think some of the Xhaka haters should watch this too tbh.

I’ve subscribed that’s actually pretty insightful and entertaining. Yeah I’ve noticed for a minute Tierney has struggled to recover when he gets so high up and have said it numerous times.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Think some of the Xhaka haters should watch this too tbh.

I’ve subscribed that’s actually pretty insightful and entertaining. Yeah I’ve noticed for a minute Tierney has struggled to recover when he gets so high up and have said it numerous times.
I just don't think he has the fitness to be running up and down the entire games. Him, Laca and Partey are always exhausted in the second half and I'd assume that's why Tierney and Partey tend to get injured often.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I also like that the YouTuber isn’t afraid to note that Tierney has a problem with his first touch and inaccurate passes too. This wouldn’t be a big deal if he was more of a defender but he’s so crucial to the attack it becomes a problem.

This channel should really have way more views anyways.

Top Bottom