• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Depends on the replacement for me.

Our poor sales history means many Arsenal fans are thirsty for a half decent fee, but I worry about the replacement that’s all.

Whole position needs to be blown up anyways unfortunately. I like both current options but neither will work for different reasons.

Obviously you want someone as good or better, but I think anyone that's half decent, but can stay fit across the whole season would result in net gains for Arsenal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

When did anyone say we are a better team without Tierney. Quality isn't in doubt, his injury history is.
Go read his thread on the main forum. Comments like dog ****, clueless, kick and run, overhyped dosser and so on.

Pretty clear some doubt his quality.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Go read his thread on the main forum. Comments like dog ****, clueless, kick and run, overhyped dosser and so on.

Yeah, but thats message board hyperbole. Injuries, and the time he takes to get back to form after being out, is his major challenge. 50m is fair value for an injury prone left back.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think its the minority though. He's a good player, no doubt. He's not at the level of the top guys in the league (TAA/Walker/Cancelo/Robertson/James), he's the level below for me. His issue is he can't stay fit, his fitness, along with Partey and Tomi's, is a big reason we didn't make T4. 50m too good to turn down.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We are trying to build the team up, not sell off our best players.
I'd keep him, can't let him go to anyone in this league. That money from Spain or something would be tempting though. He simply doesn't play enough.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, but thats message board hyperbole. Injuries, and the time he takes to get back to form after being out, is his major challenge. 50m is fair value for an injury prone left back.
Tbf mate we are on a message board.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Knowing our luck he would go to Newcastle and bang out 38 90 minute matches and the FA Cup while we sign someone with 0 injuries problems in the past only to do his ACL first match.

That said 50m for Tierney I'd be taking that money. Very good player when fit. The when is the big problem.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's clearly quality and a top 4 left back. Was crazy overrated at one stage though, you can be good and overrated.

I wouldn't sell him unless a better or similar level came in anyways, that's not easy to find although eventually we would have to do it anyways. He will stand out more as the technical floor starts increasing and he starts to stick out.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I like him, I don’t think he is as limited as some people make him, he has real potential. Problem is he is always injured. We should sell players even at a loss who prove over time that their bodies can’t answer the call over a full course of a season. We never seem to value durability at this club and then we always get players who are not meticulous with their physical preparations. It is a cruel reality if they get hurt and you sell players off like that the players that want to stay or can cut will be who you rely on. Partey I think is on the edge to of being hurt all the time we give him another season to but he might have to be sold for same reason

Tom Mix

Tierney is a more than acceptable player for the level we are at, better than our average. To want to sell him is crass stupidity. Have we learnt nothing about losing players before you have a replacement from the Auba saga alone? That was a £30+ million mistake in lost CL revenue alone!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Tierney is a more than acceptable player for the level we are at, better than our average. To want to sell him is crass stupidity. Have we learnt nothing about losing players before you have a replacement from the Auba saga alone? That was a £30+ million mistake in lost CL revenue alone!
Tierney is a player who has proven he can not play 80-90% of games a season. Anyone can get injured but he is always missing big chunks of the season.

£50m for a left back who is always injured is great. Obviously you have to identify a replacement but let's face it. It shouldn't be too hard to find a more durable player. So while they may not be as good what is better? A player who can give you an 8/10 20 games a season meaning you have to rely on your 4/10 replacement or a player who can give you a 7/10 performance 35-40 games a season?

Didn't have his best season. Actually, by his standards, I think he feels it was an awful season overall.

I think he can improve next season and hopefully be free of injuries.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Would put up with a season of Xhaka at LB if we can find someone stupid enough to pay big money for this guy.

Tom Mix

Tierney is a player who has proven he can not play 80-90% of games a season. Anyone can get injured but he is always missing big chunks of the season.

£50m for a left back who is always injured is great. Obviously you have to identify a replacement but let's face it. It shouldn't be too hard to find a more durable player. So while they may not be as good what is better? A player who can give you an 8/10 20 games a season meaning you have to rely on your 4/10 replacement or a player who can give you a 7/10 performance 35-40 games a season?
Yes like the great Gatsby our dream is always so close that we can never quite grasp it.

Stick with Tierney, loan Nuno and if we can buy a better option than Tierney buy him and then see how it goes. It's better having a good player for 25/30 games than a lesser one for 50. The first means you need a good back-up, the second means you need a better first XI.

I don't know of any better left-back than Tierney who will be prepared to join a club outside the CL for six years and if there is any he would probably demand ridicuolous money. And we'd STILL need a decent back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom