• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ait-Nouri has 4+1 years in contract, a year more than Cucurella had.

Wolves will ask silly money after what Chelsea paid for Cucurella. It's not an option.
This talk you make about contract length is something a lot of people overlook. In modern football a players potential wages and transfer fee is heavily influenced by the length remaining on their contract.

In theory, each year it goes down past 3 years, the transfer fee goes down while the potential for a player’s wages to go up increases (this is under the assumption of good management from the selling club or the players representatives).

There are outliers of course, but a well run Premier League club who doesn’t NEED to sell the player are always going to ask for silly money to part ways. What’s the point if they can still get a good fee in 2 years anyway?

I think there’s no point wish listing players and saying they are worth X transfer fee from the Premier League. Because in reality it they have plenty of time on their deal then their transfer fee is going to be so inflated.

For example, talent or exposure wise you would say Cucurella would have been 35-40m and Ait Nouri like 25-30m. But it just won’t work like that, they’re gonna cost like 50% more.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This talk you make about contract length is something a lot of people overlook. In modern football a players potential wages and transfer fee is heavily influenced by the length remaining on their contract.

In theory, each year it goes down past 3 years, the transfer fee goes down while the potential for a player’s wages to go up increases (this is under the assumption of good management from the selling club or the players representatives).

There are outliers of course, but a well run Premier League club who doesn’t NEED to sell the player are always going to ask for silly money to part ways. What’s the point if they can still get a good fee in 2 years anyway?

I think there’s no point wish listing players and saying they are worth X transfer fee from the Premier League. Because in reality it they have plenty of time on their deal then their transfer fee is going to be so inflated.

For example, talent or exposure wise you would say Cucurella would have been 35-40m and Ait Nouri like 25-30m. But it just won’t work like that, they’re gonna cost like 50% more.
Yeah exactly, that's why I always check and bring those contract lengths up when people suggest players. Especially in EPL like you say, it can make a player very expensive.

Take for example Fofana now who just extended and Leicester wants 95 million euros from Chelsea, even after a bad injury.

In EPL for any team it's very important to keep the best players (For top 4 or avoiding relegation etc.), and players like Cucurella, Ait-Nouri and Fofana will very likely only get better. And don't likely have very big wages in the lesser teams.

So they rather keep them for 1-2 years, and sell them with 2-3 years in contract, unless there is a ridiculous offer.

G0D

Almighty
Would be moronic to get rid of him now just because we've got Zinchenko. There's plenty of space for both of them with Zinchenko's flexibility and certainly wouldn't send the right message.

Mudi

Would be the stupidest move we pulled off these last few years.

We would have replaced him with zinny who is not better.

City lets zinny go to us and steals Tierney.

We would be properly mugged.
The problem with KT is his injury record. You cannot rely on a guy who is injured 50% of the season so rather sell him, have zinchenko as LB and buy a decent backup. The problem is, we are already mid august and it will be difficult to pull a replacement of KT.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
The problem with KT is his injury record. You cannot rely on a guy who is injured 50% of the season so rather sell him, have zinchenko as LB and buy a decent backup. The problem is, we are already mid august and it will be difficult to pull a replacement of KT.
We have a decent back up already!!!

Why would you sell him!????

For now Tierney is back up. If he gets his place back Zinchenko is back up.

Ffs why would you sell one of them and have no one to replace them with???????

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Liking the amount of love Tierney is getting on this thread. Starting to think you lot had lost the plot but this has restored my faith somewhat. Quality player when he's fit. Him and Zinchenko give us the depth we need at LB, wouldn't be selling unless it's a ridiculous offer.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Would sell in a heartbeat for the right price. I realize most of you are infatuated with him, and I like him when he’s fit too. Problem is, he’s rarely available for selection. I personally hate having players like that in key roles.
A good player who is never fit is actually a giant salary busting liability. As soon as someone has a great season they are demanding 200,300k a week and you can get their agent points out that you are paying X player 100k a week for half a season. How many trophies have we lost because we aren’t ruthless enough with brittle players and rely on them? I guarantee you we lost league titles and cups because smart clubs value durability, Arsenal never does.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would be a decent deal for Newcastle with Trippier on the other flank. I wouldn’t be against selling him to them as long as they offer around the 35M mark.

Tavares is having a really good season at Marseille, so they could potentially flip him for a decent amount too. Put it all towards the Jude fund.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Would be a decent deal for Newcastle with Trippier on the other flank. I wouldn’t be against selling him to them as long as they offer around the 35M mark.

Tavares is having a really good season at Marseille, so they could potentially flip him for a decent amount too. Put it all towards the Jude fund.

40M minimum since I can assure you, on good authority, that they can afford that much at least :lol:

As for the second highlighted point, No. There's better value in the market without us needing to be fleeced by Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom