• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

Make weight for Bruno G... (Seriously, we should ask the price and what the difference would be if we include Tierney, and in doing so if it's worth doing. Can't imagine them selling but should always ask - they could sign Tielemans or Rabiot for instance, there are options out there).

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Tierney is still very young, only 25 and has contract until 2026. Sadly, his weekly wage is high, and imo anything more than 30m should be good enough.

Goonger

Called this months ago. Makes sense if he wants to start on a competitive team and also be closer to home. They won't care about his wages either.

Think you might be right. He won't be happy at not starting more regularly, and he isn't 1 of those players attracted to the London lifestyle. A chance at a top 4 challenging club and a move to Newcastle, a football daft city more similar to Glasgow and much closer to home for him and I think he'd be very interested.

Kuroske

Would be a decent deal for Newcastle with Trippier on the other flank. I wouldn’t be against selling him to them as long as they offer around the 35M mark.

Tavares is having a really good season at Marseille, so they could potentially flip him for a decent amount too. Put it all towards the Jude fund.
Saw Tavares played against PSG yesterday. He was quite decent. Great motor en strong imposing body. Another weapon we can use when we are up at the end of the game and need to close out the game with his defence and on the counter.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Would be a decent deal for Newcastle with Trippier on the other flank. I wouldn’t be against selling him to them as long as they offer around the 35M mark.

Tavares is having a really good season at Marseille, so they could potentially flip him for a decent amount too. Put it all towards the Jude fund.

I'd sell both of them for 40m each.

On top of that I'd push for a big fee for Balogun as well (50m), so that we can do some work upfront in the summer.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Called this months ago. Makes sense if he wants to start on a competitive team and also be closer to home. They won't care about his wages either.
Makes a lot of sense. Watching Utd - Newcastle yesterday they could really do with a proper LB. Burn isn't all that. Should be able to get a solid profit for him if we sell him to Newcastle. Really not that bothered, they are very far away from a title challenging side.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Makes a lot of sense. Watching Utd - Newcastle yesterday they could really do with a proper LB. Burn isn't all that. Should be able to get a solid profit for him if we sell him to Newcastle. Really not that bothered, they are very far away from a title challenging side.

That's what City said about us last season, no?

Look think its an ideal move for KT. Love the guy but we need to make some dosh as well, and free up squad space. Think its a no brainer, and all KT needs is a league medal to take along.

Dutch D

I think that's what we said about us, too. I don't think it's a stretch, their attack is quite sterile aside from the Almiron purple patch, their midfield has BrunoG but also Longstaff, their defence is solid but I wouldn't take any of them over our defenders. I'd say they need like 5 players that are significantly better than their current starters to really challenge for a title.
Look think its an ideal move for KT. Love the guy but we need to make some dosh as well, and free up squad space. Think its a no brainer, and all KT needs is a league medal to take along.
Agree.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think that's what we said about us, too. I don't think it's a stretch, their attack is quite sterile aside from the Almiron purple patch, their midfield has BrunoG but also Longstaff, their defence is solid but I wouldn't take any of them over our defenders. I'd say they need like 5 players that are significantly better than their current starters to really challenge for a title.

Agree.
They have a lot of good solid squad players like Almiron, Joelinton, Willock, ASM, Wilson, Gordon, Schar, Burn, Isak but none of them are consistent enough to be 1st team starters for a regular top 4 team for a full season in my opinion.

Of course you don't need a superstar in every position but at this moment in time I would say they only have four players that really stand out.

Pope

Trippier Botman ? ?

Guimaraes ? ?

? ? ?

They also have a LOT of players well below the level they need like Dummet, Ritchie, Lewis, Targett, Krafth, Manquillo, Fraser, Murphy, Longstaff (x2)

I think they have punched above their weight this season mainly through feel good factor. There is a lot of squad building to do and they are still 2-3 years away from being serious challengers in my opinion.

Dutch D

They have a lot of good solid squad players like Almiron, Joelinton, Willock, ASM, Wilson, Gordon, Schar, Burn, Isak but none of them are consistent enough to be 1st team starters for a regular top 4 team for a full season in my opinion.

Of course you don't need a superstar in every position but at this moment in time I would say they only have four players that really stand out.

Pope

Trippier Botman ? ?

Guimaraes ? ?

? ? ?

They also have a LOT of players well below the level they need like Dummet, Ritchie, Lewis, Targett, Krafth, Manquillo, Fraser, Murphy, Longstaff (x2)

I think they have punched above their weight this season mainly through feel good factor. There is a lot of squad building to do and they are still 2-3 years away from being serious challengers in my opinion.
Indeed, that's how I look at their squad. Trippier is getting on as well, so they'll need to replace him in one or two years as well.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Fair point. But, we last won the title 19 years ago.

Newcastle last won it when Colombus was petitioning Isabella & Ferdinand to sponsor his trip to India.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Many people on here seem to be absolutely certain Tavares has eliminated his occasionally incomprehensible and mind-boggling lack of concentration.

Or did you forget?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Will be interesting to see what gonna happen in LB position. Tierney gone from key player last season to just backup and likely be sold its frustrating for him but player like him going to ask to start games so any big offer we should sell.

Tavares will definitely be sold too we can't waste the opportunity to get good money and make very good profit. He doesn't suit our system and we never gonna play 5 at the back with mikel

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Will be interesting to see what gonna happen in LB position. Tierney gone from key player last season to just backup and likely be sold its frustrating for him but player like him going to ask to start games so any big offer we should sell.

Tavares will definitely be sold too we can't waste the opportunity to get good money and make very good profit. He doesn't suit our system and we never gonna play 5 at the back with mikel
Fresneda 🔜

TornadoTed

Established Member
We are all assuming that Tierney will leave mainly because he doesn't suit the inverted full back role, it did occur to me that might not always be the case.

Successful teams get worked out and to sustain success they need to change things up. Man City and Liverpool both evolved quite a bit during their 4-5 year tussle with each other.

I still think he is a dead cert to leave though all the same :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom