• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Why aren't we trying to replace him then? I keep seeing everyone make Tierney out to be a problem but we're only bringing in backups for him? The reason is that any upgrade is going to cost a sh*t ton of money.
You really need to ask? Look at our recruitment, it's been horrendous.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Some of the posts are saying that Tierney, did not have a lot of injuries at Celtic, I wonder if it is something to do with our training methods because we used to have a lot of players that got injured when Arsène, was our manager as well, or it could be down to the intensity that our league play at.
not seen many worse mixes than this on transfermarket :lol:

KT.png

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You really need to ask? Look at our recruitment, it's been horrendous.

But when we want a target that we feel is important we push the boat out, 50M White, fleeced for Ramsdale, Ødegaard we went for all summer etc. My point is if KT was as much an issue as this forum seems to think we'd be looking at spending big money there but we bought in a cheap kid and now looking to do the same again this summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But when we want a target that we feel is important we push the boat out, 50M White, fleeced for Ramsdale, Ødegaard we went for all summer etc. My point is if KT was as much an issue as this forum seems to think we'd be looking at spending big money there but we bought in a cheap kid and now looking to do the same again this summer.
Maybe the club feels it’s better to sign a kid and develop them instead of spending big on that position when you already need a CM and striker.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Maybe the club feels it’s better to sign a kid and develop them instead of spending big on that position when you already need a CM and striker.

Well, that's my point, if Tierney was as bad as people made out we'd be going big at LB, we're not and that's because he's a solid player.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Well, that's my point, if Tierney was as bad as people made out we'd be going big at LB, we're not and that's because he's a solid player.

No one has any issue with his footy, but his footballing skills are no good to me when he's strapped to the physio bed for half a season every year.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

No one has any issue with his footy, but his footballing skills are no good to me when he's strapped to the physio bed for half a season every year.

Read my original post, I know this.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You are missing the point. Just because the club think they are good enough, it doesn't mean its true. This clubs has proven for a long time now that they can't be trusted in the transfer market.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

You are missing the point. Just because the club think they are good enough, it doesn't mean its true. This clubs has proven for a long time now that they can't be trusted in the transfer market.

I'm not missing the point.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I was replying to your last post.

My original post says he can't stay fit, I have no issue with this being highlighted. My original post simply stated you won't be able to find much better than KT easily, fitter yes.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
My original post says he can't stay fit, I have no issue with this being highlighted. My original post simply stated you won't be able to find much better than KT easily, fitter yes.

Oh, I think we can. It's a matter of priorities. Do you prioritise and LCB as Arteta reportedly is doing or a LWB?

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Oh, I think we can. It's a matter of priorities. Do you prioritise and LCB as Arteta repotedly is doing or a LWB?

We could if we wanted to spend silly money on one, just look at some of the recent prices for full-backs, but again in terms of squad building do we need a 50M LB or 50M midfielder & striker?

As for LB or LCB, I'd prioritise a LB, looks like we're going for Hickey, but I'd much rather Zinchenko or someone with more experience.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The problem with selling KT for £50m is that it will likely cost a similar amount to adequately replace him. I don’t see the point.
Exactly you are happy with a player you know can’t finish a season. The Process is working, even the fans don’t think we can do better than a guy who plays half the year. We are the battered wife that makes due. I like him good player, shame he is always hurt; but of course with 50 million you could do better. I mean if you are an extremely poor man’s Pep impersonator who tosses talent aside for culture certainly this is a hurdle that must seem as high as the Wall of China. If Edu can’t do better than a guy who plays half the year, with 50 million pounds, he needs go help Mik load up Oranges and juice boxes at the park for 9 year olds. If some idiot wants to pay 50 million pounds for a part time FB you jump on it and buy 2 better players for the money, I mean if you are a technical director that has the chops to collect a check from the Arsenal. But if you are wed to mediocrity, process, and culture than keep paying him for half the season perfect injury excuse next year when Mik cries after failing to get CL again. No more bs injury excuses from Mr I throw away talent for free.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Yeah that’s just not acceptable imo. Not as your starter. We desperately need a left back in the summer. To rely on him again is just irresponsible
But is a real convenient excuse when Arteta bombs again no one will ask why you keep reupping chronically brittle part time players

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We could if we wanted to spend silly money on one, just look at some of the recent prices for full-backs, but again in terms of squad building do we need a 50M LB or 50M midfielder & striker?

As for LB or LCB, I'd prioritise a LB, looks like we're going for Hickey, but I'd much rather Zinchenko or someone with more experience.

The market is what it is, you buy what you need not what you want, and you pay his price. We need a LB, we need a versatile and strong midfielder, and we need a striker. LCB is not a player we need, it's a player Arteta wants.

As for the players we've been linked to so far, I have to say, I am exceedingly doubtful that they will raise our level enough to get us top 4 next season by any route. Our recruitment policy has always been one for the path of least resistance and effort, and that has not changed.

Last edited:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Brighton signed Cucurella for 16m
Liverpool signed Tsimikas for 7m
Wolves signed Ait Nouri for 9m

Tierney has built up such a strange reputation. The media and fans love him. In a way, injuries have helped him, if he got a full season out, maybe people will start to see he's not the player they think. He's an average left back. i'd put him in the same category as a Tyrick Mitchell, Luke Shaw, James Justin. Perfectly fine, but not what you need if you are looking to become a better team.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
For 3 seasons we've given this guy the freedom of the left flank, we've built attacks to get him into crossing positions, and he has 8 assists in total, 8 in 3 seasons.

This season alone:

TAA has 12
Robertson 11
Cancelo 11
James 9
Alonso 5
Doherty 5
Digne 4
Zinchenko 4
Tellas 4
Reguilon 4
Creswell 4
Coufal 4
Ait Nouri 4

Its not like he's great defensively either, thats the issue, i could make peace with the lack of genuine attacking threat if he was solid defensively like Tomiyasu, but he's not, not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom