• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£25m is more realistic.

He’s on over £100k a week, I doubt Newcastle have more than 3/4 on that money. In fact barring Trippier I don’t think they’d have anyone on that type of money right now.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think they've spent over £250m in the last two seasons, so there will be an element of balancing the books based on previous transfer activity. You could argue they did the speculating to get into this spot and now they need a period of consolidation if they're taking ffp seriously.
Just read they made a 70m loss and have a 94.6 wage to turnover ratio for 21/22. It'll be interesting to see how they fix that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't buy Newcastle pleading poverty. I think they're playing games.

They haven't spent an obscene amount of money since the takeover and they have CL football now.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Just read they made a 70m loss and have a 94.6 wage to turnover ratio for 21/22. It'll be interesting to see how they fix that.

I'm sure they can find extra 'sponsorship' deals.

That's what happens when you keep
spending above ur grade. The thing about football all the money ends up with players and agents.
Fans and media scream at clubs to spend, spend, spend but in general terms unless you have access to a slush fund & doing shady things It's not sustainable.

The thing is with the new uefa rules the wage & transfer fee to turnover ratio needs to get down to 70% in a couple of years which seems reasonable.

However if you breach the rules & nothing major is done clubs will still flout it.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£25m is more realistic.

He’s on over £100k a week, I doubt Newcastle have more than 3/4 on that money. In fact barring Trippier I don’t think they’d have anyone on that type of money right now.
Can that really be so? £25m, the same as what we paid, to one of the richest clubs in the world? Surely we can get at least £30m?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Or maybe he’s not desperate to leave and we’re not desprate to sell under his value. Letting him go means signing a replacement so why lower our valuation?
He's not desperate to leave? Means he's given up on his career if he is not looking to leave despite somehow being third/fourth choice in his position now even though we only have two LBs.

VibalistDK

We should absolutely not sell this man. He's such an amazing deputy to Zinchenko, and with Champions League coming up he'll get plenty of rotation time.
There's also reports out there that Arteta has convinced him to stay. I'm certain he considers him important as well.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We should absolutely not sell this man. He's such an amazing deputy to Zinchenko, and with Champions League coming up he'll get plenty of rotation time.
There's also reports out there that Arteta has convinced him to stay. I'm certain he considers him important as well.
He's so good that he didn't play even when fit & Zinny was out for several games towards the end of the season & earlier when Tomi was preferred.

Teta does not rate or trust him enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom