• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney (Out)

Menard

If he'd had a stormer of a season on loan we probably could've gotten most of what we paid for him back. The guy is very good at what he does when fit and in form. Unfortunately he had another up and down injury riddled time, which means that for what the past 3 seasons now he's either been:

-On our bench or injury table, only playing in spurts
-On Real Sociedad's injury table, only playing in spurts

Nobody's gonna pay anything good for a guy who last had a good consistent season with lots of games what...4 years ago now?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Thinking about it I actually reckon Tierney would be decent as a back up/rotation option. I think if you played him as a traditional fullback he'd make space for Martinelli. Initially Arteta had a ton of success by stacking Tierney, Saka and Auba on the left wing. But Arteta is too stubborn and inflexible to try different things now he's got a ball playing inverted fullback

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Thinking about it I actually reckon Tierney would be decent as a back up/rotation option. I think if you played him as a traditional fullback he'd make space for Martinelli.
Nah, he couldn't deal with the passing and building the game from the back. He was awful at that even though he was a reliable defender.

SupersoakerArsene

Would love Tierney more as back-up then Kiwior. Can play LB way better, can play LCB in 3 man defence, is way quicker & doesn't turn like a truck.

Selling for 10 mil would be a disgrace. Would rather sell in region of 20 mil.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Would love Tierney more as back-up then Kiwior. Can play LB way better, can play LCB in 3 man defence, is way quicker & doesn't turn like a truck.

Selling for 10 mil would be a disgrace. Would rather sell in region of 20 mil.
I think he averages about 100 days a year injured

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Nah, he couldn't deal with the passing and building the game from the back. He was awful at that even though he was a reliable defender.

Why not play 1-2s on the left wing with Martinelli instead then? Tierney was fine with Auba and Saka in the past. You don't have to pass sideways back and forth across the defensive line before sending it back to the goalkeeper all the time.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, June 16

Arsenal are one of several clubs who have contacted PSG over the signing of Xavi Simons, but the Parisians only want to loan the player this summer [L’Equipe]

Arsebal have registered an interest in 26 year old striker Artem Dovpik [Diari de Girona]

Latest posts

Top Bottom