Kieran Tierney | Scottish Sun: £25m bid rejected, club will re-adjust terms for 3rd offer

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bingobob, May 17, 2016.

1. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...enal-preparing-10-7984474#oXuLL8DcIM604Bmk.97

ARSENAL are preparing to launch a staggering £10million move for Celtic ’s Kieran Tierney.

When someone posted the link to Tom Rogic I said no and suggested if anyone from Celtic interests us this will be the one. Broke into the Celtic team this season and has been outstanding domestically and in Europe. As an 18 year old left back, a position we are interested in, this is another viable target.

2. Prawn Sandwich

Prawn Sandwich Well-Known Member

Andy Robertson was the young Scottish left back I thought we might one day go for. His rise was meteoric, more explosive than Tierney's.

Played in the 4th tier with Queens Park.

Moved to the 1st tier Dundee United and became an instant starter, played almost every game in a Top 6 side which made the Scottish Cup final and was capped against Poland.

Moved to Hull City in one of the biggest non-Old Firm transfers since the recession. All that in 12 months before summer 2014.

While Tierney has done good, and has potential to improve, I'm always sceptical of the next Old Firm hype job. The Glasgow media tend to sit cock in hand over their players.

3. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Welsh Dialsquare Trusted

What happened to Robertson? I was properly on his hype train :lol:

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

He seems highly rated, still quite young too. I don't know, you never know how to judge players from the Scottish leagues.

5. bingobob

Knowing what I know what's been more impressive than his performances has been his attitude. Key senior players at Celtic never got on with the manager and those players tried and failed to get Tierney into their clique. Tierney just knuckled down and got on with playing whereas other young players joined the senior players. For a long time Delias writing was on the wall but Tierney never went with the players and just stuck to himself and putting in the work.

That to me is more than impressive than performances especially when we've questions over attitude ourselves.

6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Pizza Boy

Could see why Wenger likes him already! :rolleyes:

7. Trilly

Trilly ^ If Michael Owen posted on AM

Would rather we bid for Marcelo if I'm completely honest.

8. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Get him in early for Gibbs, so we can sort out other positions.

bingobob and blaze_of_glory like this.
  9. africe

africe Well-Known Member

Alaba or it's a failed summer in my eyes

10. Trilly

I like the way you think, Alaba is a bit unrealistic though.;)

neimad likes this.
  11. bingobob

Twitter saying a nine million pound cash bid has been submitted.

12. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Gibbs and Walcott out in one summer? Is this real life?

ItWasMeBarry likes this.
  13. Trilly

Could you see Gibbs doing this? I know it's a piss league but does Gibbs even have this in his skillset?:lol:

14. picsou

picsou Active Member

reminds me a bit of gareth bale at start of his career

15. tap-in

tap-in :-)

Or is this just fantasy!

RIP Freddie

16. tap-in

tap-in :-)

A young LB would be a good move, he looks promising. Pay this sort of price for a young LB and splash the big bucks on CF and winger, I would be very happy!

17. Trilly

I just worry with Wenger. Remember two summers ago he sorted out all the minor issues in the squad and neglected the big ones.

Gibbs is fine as a backup LB for now. We need a new CB before a new LB.

bingobob and Wilshero like this.
  18. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

I'm dubious about this. When was the last World-class Scottish player? A long time ago.

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Pizza Boy

Maybe Gibbs wants to go and play somewhere and both he and Wenger feel that he is not good enough for Arsenal to be a starter.

Trilly likes this.
  20. Trilly

I know nothing about this kid but never say never. Talent doesn't discriminate.

When was the last world-class Welsh player before Bale?

SuperGoon likes this.