• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Didn't they tie down Shaw in a ridiculous contract fearing he'd walk out by the end of the season?

I've seen his name many times, but obviously I don't watch the Scottish League. I was wondering about his defensive ability, could anyone expand on that? How is his tackling, positional awareness, physical ability?

All videos on Youtube show him powering forward, which does look impressive. I'd like more defensive solidity in our fullback positions though (otherwise just stick with Kolasinac).

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Wanted him for years now. He's an absolute Celtic fan favourite and imo is an ideal LB. He's young but has over 163 appearances for Celtic and would fit right in here.

Wicked cross on him, pace, and defensively stable but the PL is different gravy, however I'd trust him to be solid.

say yes

forum master baiter
Just been on a Celtic forum. Apparently we have no chance of signing Tierney due to his Celtic loyalties. They also reckon we will have no money to spend this summer.

Celtic fans probably also think their club would challenge for the title if they moved down south.

Funny bunch who don’t seem to realise how irrelevant/rubbish their league/club is.

We have 25 M. But it will probably take more to sign him if the transfer market hasn't started to cool down.

The only thing I can see loyalty having some meaning in modern game is if Tierney goes back and retire there when he is 32 years old. Surely he will want to test him in the best leagues and see how far he goes, and did I mention that he will be able to request wages in range of 100.000k?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Celtic will ask for much more 40M at least would be steal getting him for 25M

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Depending on who's actually in for Tierney I'd be fairly sure we could convince him to come. Huge wage increase would probably do the trick let alone the prospect of him improving vastly and all the other factors.

HBL

Established Member
Great player, £25m seems about right considering Everton were being quoted around £20m last summer weren't they?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Celtic will ask for much more 40M at least would be steal getting him for 25M

He’s not home grown, so the market might not be there for him.

Someone like Jamal Lewis might cost exactly the same having done a lot less.

Celtic fans probably also think their club would challenge for the title if they moved down south.

Funny bunch who don’t seem to realise how irrelevant/rubbish their league/club is.

Tbf at least they’ve won a European Cup.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I would be very happy with Wan-Bissaka and Tierney to replace the out going Lich and Nacho. Wan-Bissaka would go straight into the first 11 without any competition and Tierney would provide a good back up optiin and competition for Kola.

All we need then is GK to replace the out going Cech who is able to challenge Leno. There seems to a distinct lack of good young keepers in the PL at present (the youngest starting keepers are Leno and Ryan).

HBL

Established Member
I would be very happy with Wan-Bissaka and Tierney to replace the out going Lich and Nacho. Wan-Bissaka would go straight into the first 11 without any competition and Tierney would provide a good back up optiin and competition for Kola.

All we need then is GK to replace the out going Cech who is able to challenge Leno. There seems to a distinct lack of good young keepers in the PL at present (the youngest starting keepers are Leno and Ryan).
Pope would be a decent option, although it seems like it is just paper talk at the minute. Seems to be a really solid keeper even if he isn't particularly flashy, which I guess is what you want. Either him or give Martinez a chance as the second keeper, always thought he was a decent keeper and it wouldn't cost anything.

say yes

forum master baiter
Tbf at least they’ve won a European Cup.

So have Red Star Belgrade. A great history doesn’t mean much in the modern game, where they’re stuck wasting away in an irrelevant backwater.

Rodgers has quit his boyhood club so abruptly because he realises that, no matter how many Scottish trophies he wins, his reputation is not going to improve managing in such a dead league.

Hopefully Tierney comes to a similar realisation. Get out while you can Kieran!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So have Red Star Belgrade. A great history doesn’t mean much in the modern game, where they’re stuck wasting away in an irrelevant backwater.

Rodgers has quit his boyhood club so abruptly because he realises that, no matter how many Scottish trophies he wins, his reputation is not going to improve managing in such a dead league.

Hopefully Tierney comes to a similar realisation. Get out while you can Kieran!

Yes Scottish football isn’t one of the top 5 leagues but there’s potential.

Ajax this year have shown what you can do in a “irrelevant backwater”.

Obviously Tierney is going to go, but Celtic in my eyes are a huge club. Massive fan base, big city and stadium and with the right manager who knows?

Malky

Established Member
Would love to get Tierney, been watching him closely since he broke through at Celtic and been wishlisting him ever since. He feels like a natural successor to Monreal. £25M would be a bargain and right now our only competition would come from Leicester.

For what its worth, the Celtic fans are no where near as delusional as the Rangers fans are now, one good season and they think they're an Elite club full of superstars - a football group chat where a few of the lads are Rangers season ticket holders and they think they'll sell Morelos in the summer for £30-40M :lol::lol:

It will be easy peasy to convince him. We tell him he will either play football with Özil on the weekends or he will play fortnight with Özil every night of the week!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Celtic fans are Liverpool fans on crack.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yes Scottish football isn’t one of the top 5 leagues but there’s potential.

Ajax this year have shown what you can do in a “irrelevant backwater”.

Obviously Tierney is going to go, but Celtic in my eyes are a huge club. Massive fan base, big city and stadium and with the right manager who knows?

Can’t compare Ajax to Celtic imo. Some of the best players of all time have played for Ajax, everyone knows they are legit. The Scottish league doesn’t compare. 25m for a player in the Scottish PL is more than fair.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Pope would be a decent option, although it seems like it is just paper talk at the minute. Seems to be a really solid keeper even if he isn't particularly flashy, which I guess is what you want. Either him or give Martinez a chance as the second keeper, always thought he was a decent keeper and it wouldn't cost anything.

I'd be happy of a summer window of Wan Bissaka, Tierney and Pope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom