• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I understand peoples wishes and others reasons to why they want a new LB.
with our budget and the fact Nacho is still a great backup, and Kolasinac has it in him enough to be given all the chances, there really is no reason to think about a new lb this summer. spend the energy and funds on other areas.
we might be in for a backup RB, and most definitely a CB, both of whom could potentially cover lb also.

Judasviking

I understand peoples wishes and others reasons to why they want a new LB.
with our budget and the fact Nacho is still a great backup, and Kolasinac has it in him enough to be given all the chances, there really is no reason to think about a new lb this summer. spend the energy and funds on other areas.
we might be in for a backup RB, and most definitely a CB, both of whom could potentially cover lb also.

The thing is, Nacho is probebly going home to Spain and Kola is not good enough defansive and as a first choise LB. Seems like we have been linked alot to LB lately aswell, so something is going on there.

yybecause

The thing is, Nacho is probebly going home to Spain and Kola is not good enough defansive and as a first choise LB. Seems like we have been linked alot to LB lately aswell, so something is going on there.
I don't see Nacho leaving and Kola deserves all the chances, having those 2 as lb's wouldn't be our problem, and it would help us strengthen somewhere else

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don't see Nacho leaving and Kola deserves all the chances, having those 2 as lb's wouldn't be our problem, and it would help us strengthen somewhere else

Well, here's the thing. Emery may not want them as his fullbacks. Don't be surprised if there is a lot of change this summer with a number of players going in and out. Keep in mind that Nacho is 33 and entering the last year of his contract (only because Arsenal picked up his option). Real Sociedad made an offer for him last summer, but Arsenal weren't yet ready to sell him. That may not be the case next summer and Nacho has spoken of wanting to go home and finish his career at Sociedad someday. So Arsenal may choose to sell him while they can still get a few million euros out of him.

As for Kolascinac, he's dangerous going forward and works great in a 3-4 system as a wingback, but in a 4-man back he leaves a lot to be desired defensively. If he stays at Arsenal, he would probably be better off playing farther forward. But do you really want him as your winger in a 4-2-3-1? I don't think that's ideal either. If Arsenal sells him this summer, they can probably get £15-20 million for him that can go toward an actual left back, plus open up wages.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Emery, Sanllehi (and presumably Monchi) will show the same loyalty to these guys that Arsène Wenger showed. These are not Emery's players. They'll move anyone they don't see as the right fit.

yybecause

Well, here's the thing. Emery may not want them as his fullbacks. Don't be surprised if there is a lot of change this summer with a number of players going in and out. Keep in mind that Nacho is 33 and entering the last year of his contract (only because Arsenal picked up his option). Real Sociedad made an offer for him last summer, but Arsenal weren't yet ready to sell him. That may not be the case next summer and Nacho has spoken of wanting to go home and finish his career at Sociedad someday. So Arsenal may choose to sell him while they can still get a few million euros out of him.

As for Kolascinac, he's dangerous going forward and works great in a 3-4 system as a wingback, but in a 4-man back he leaves a lot to be desired defensively. If he stays at Arsenal, he would probably be better off playing farther forward. But do you really want him as your winger in a 4-2-3-1? I don't think that's ideal either. If Arsenal sells him this summer, they can probably get £15-20 million for him that can go toward an actual left back, plus open up wages.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Emery, Sanllehi (and presumably Monchi) will show the same loyalty to these guys that Arséne Wenger showed. These are not Emery's players. They'll move anyone they don't see as the right fit.

I agree on the last part. Unai and co already showed it wont be as under Arsène, and I am sure Nacho and Kola aren't their perfect lb's, but with our limited budget I can see them try and secure Nacho for another year, give Kola a go and strengthen elswhere, leaving Lb for the next window

if we had money, Nacho would be in warmer place already

now, if he wants to leave, club wont make problems this time, and we'll have to spend there too

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I agree on the last part. Unai and co already showed it wont be as under Arséne, and I am sure Nacho and Kola aren't their perfect lb's, but with our limited budget I can see them try and secure Nacho for another year, give Kola a go and strengthen elswhere, leaving Lb for the next window

if we had money, Nacho would be in warmer place already

now, if he wants to leave, club wont make problems this time, and we'll have to spend there too

Well, we'll see how it all works out. I'm not sure the budget will be all that limited. Certainly there will be plenty to spend if Arsenal gets back in the Champions League. But even beyond that, the new sponsorship deals will kick in this summer and there will be wage relief from some players (such as Ramsey) moving on. Plus whatever the club gets from sales. They're not going to be under the same restrictions that limited them to loan deals in January.

For me, it seems that if they continue too long with some of these players they'll continue to have the same problems. Without new players, it will just be more of the same. If they sell Mustafi and Kolasinac, that's a pretty good chunk of money to put toward a new center back and a new left back that are better suited.

Judasviking

Nacho is injuired half of the season aswell.

I would seriously play one more season without a new winger and make Rhys useable. For me the attack is not the problem, almost scored as much as Pool.

We will not regret to buy a new LB,CB and RB when the season start.

One positive thing is that Chambers coming back, he can now cover RB,SDM and CB but.

So sick and tired of getting goals against us so easy.

Last edited:

Tom349

Dembele went to Lyon for 22m Euros. Don't see why a 25 year old left back would go for anymore than 15m given the standard of the league.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dembele went to Lyon for 22m Euros. Don't see why a 25 year old left back would go for anymore than 15m given the standard of the league.
Different situations. He’s home grown, won’t push for a move, will have more demand etc.

Dembele pushed to leave, and seemed to have little or no interest from England.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Different situations. He’s home grown, won’t push for a move, will have more demand etc.

Dembele pushed to leave, and seemed to have little or no interest from England.

Scottish players aren’t homegrown as they’re a separate football nation. Only English and Welsh players count.

Malky

Established Member
Scottish players aren’t homegrown as they’re a separate football nation. Only English and Welsh players count.
I didn't know Scottish players didn't count as homegrown. What a stupid rule!
Still want us to get Tierney tho, if we don't and he moves to Leicester this could be another Van Dijk where we'll regret not signing him in a year or two.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I didn't know Scottish players didn't count as homegrown. What a stupid rule!
Still want us to get Tierney tho, if we don't and he moves to Leicester this could be another Van Dijk where we'll regret not signing him in a year or two.

I think it’s so it doesn’t undermine the Scottish footballing league system. It’s the same for Northern Ireland.

Apparently the only reason it isn’t the case for Wales is because they obviously have so many clubs in the English league system it’d be a nightmare figuring it out then.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well, we'll see how it all works out. I'm not sure the budget will be all that limited. Certainly there will be plenty to spend if Arsenal gets back in the Champions League. But even beyond that, the new sponsorship deals will kick in this summer and there will be wage relief from some players (such as Ramsey) moving on. Plus whatever the club gets from sales. They're not going to be under the same restrictions that limited them to loan deals in January.

For me, it seems that if they continue too long with some of these players they'll continue to have the same problems. Without new players, it will just be more of the same. If they sell Mustafi and Kolasinac, that's a pretty good chunk of money to put toward a new center back and a new left back that are better suited.

I agree, I think we'll be looking for RB, CB, LB this summer + wide forward. We have so many players at the end of their contracts and of no use to us so our wage bill will plummet.

Ramsey
Cech
Welbeck
Lichsteiner

And those possibly to move on

Mustafi
Elneny
Jenks
Iwobi
AMN
Chambers
Monreal (very possible)
Özil (quite possible)

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'd be very surprised if Iwobi or Maitland-Niles were sold, but I do expect a busy summer with quite a few ins and outs. I think it's also possible, as I mentioned earlier, that Kolasinac ends up moving on. He's really done well this year and is so dangerous going forward, but maybe isn't the best fit for a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 system. He's been best with the 3-man back and I'm not sure Emery will want to deploy that much once he gets the players to fit his system. But we'll see. It will be especially interesting to see what happens with Özil. Will they really want to move him and can they find a take for his wages? Mourinho loves him, so maybe if Jose goes back to Madrid..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom