• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I doubt the pitches have much to do with Tierney or Wilshere breaking down somehow. Tierney had priors before he came (that people were happy to dismiss mind :lol:) and Wilshere carried his injury woes long after Arsenal.

Some of our ever present players a lot of the fans don't like (Xhaka) hardly ever miss a game.

Not outright dismissing it but a lot went into the training facilities, Wenger was really obsessed with that sh*t.

Remember I was saying this last season and everyone kept dismissing me and telling me I was wrong? He was obviously injury prone but people wanted to bury their heads in the sand.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That's obviously bullsh*t, if it was something that simple they would've fixed it ages ago.
Not necessarily, if they hadn't deemed it the underlying cause of injuries they wouldn't have made any changes. This club has a tendency to blame luck more than anything.
Remember I was saying this last season and everyone kept dismissing me and telling me I was wrong? He was obviously injury prone but people wanted to bury their heads in the sand.
He was injured when he joined the club it wasn't exactly the stuff of visionaries. :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Not necessarily, if they hadn't deemed it the underlying cause of injuries they wouldn't have made any changes. This club has a tendency to blame luck more than anything.

He was injured when he joined the club it wasn't exactly the stuff of visionaries. :lol:

I don't really believe that, if it's something geniuses like Keown and Wright can see I'm sure the club can see it too.

Also that's my point, I'll say something that's obvious and people will argue with me people they want to bury their head in the sand. We bought him injured he came back and got another long term injury.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I don't really believe that, if it's something geniuses like Keown and Wright can see I'm sure the club can see it too.

Also that's my point, I'll say something that's obvious and people will argue with me people they want to bury their head in the sand. We bought him injured he came back and got another long term injury.
The big injury he got was a dislocated shoulder which can happen to anyone. Even this injury is more down to overplaying, I feel like the injury prone title should be reserved for people like Rosicky who pick up constant muscle injuries regardless.

BigPoppaPump

The big injury he got was a dislocated shoulder which can happen to anyone. Even this injury is more down to overplaying, I feel like the injury prone title should be reserved for people like Rosicky who pick up constant muscle injuries regardless.

I think there's levels to being injury prone. You had guys like Rosicky and Diaby that would just miss whole seasons and seeing them play was rare, but then you had guys like Walcott and Ramsey that would give you a lot of games a season but they were ticking time bombs and you knew their next injury was inevitable.

I feel like Tierney is going down the latter route however he hasn't really been that bad so I won't call him injury prone.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think there's levels to being injury prone. You had guys like Rosicky and Diaby that would just miss whole seasons and seeing them play was rare, but then you had guys like Walcott and Ramsey that would give you a lot of games a season but they were ticking time bombs and you knew their next injury was inevitable.

I feel like Tierney is going down the latter route however he hasn't really been that bad so I won't call him injury prone.
Think you nailed it here.

We will need a capable understudy for Tierney for sure.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine getting rid of two fullbacks capable of playing LB, not bringing anyone and relying upon a player notoriously injury prone. Granted no backup is better than Kolasinac but at that point you either have to keep AMN at any cost or bring in someone preferably a pure left footed LB considering one is apparently vital to our chance creation.

Now we've got two fit FBs both capable of high profile errors. Bit a mess you've got to say but will this club this negligence isn't unexpected. But doesn't make it any less laughable.

It's like that saying, anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and we took a massive gamble relying on the unreliable in an injury prone Tierney and two mediocre right backs.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Imagine getting rid of two fullbacks capable of playing LB, not bringing anyone and relying upon a player notoriously injury prone. Granted no backup is better than Kolasinac but at that point you either have to keep AMN at any cost or bring in someone preferably a pure left footed LB considering one is apparently vital to our chance creation.
It was pretty clear Kolasinac needed to go. AMN I dunno what happened, but he struggled at LB and we have settled on a formation where we no longer require wingbacks.

It was pretty clear Arteta needed reinforcements and whilst I think he's crap, this is another example of the club not coming through for him.

Hopefully they looked at the options available and decided to keep their powder dry, not like we're on the verge of Europe.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Surprised more didn't get made of what Keown said about London Colney contributing to this:

Is this true though? I feel it’s just the coaching more than anything. When we hired Darren Burgess the soft tissue injuries almost stopped overnight.

Yes a few injury prone players like Ramsey continued to pick up injuries there was a noticeable improvement overall.

When he left again we started getting hammered with injuries again.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is this true though? I feel it’s just the coaching more than anything. When we hired Darren Burgess the soft tissue injuries almost stopped overnight.

Yes a few injury prone players like Ramsey continued to pick up injuries there was a noticeable improvement overall.

When he left again we started getting hammered with injuries again.
I don't know if it's true, it was just a theory. Although I swear someone (maybe RVP or Keown again) commented that the hardness of the pitches increased the wear and tear on his back when he came down from headers.

Legend14

Established Member
Tierney’s tough guy act has fooled everybody even Arteta in loaning out the real tough guy - Kolasinac.

Tierney is as soft as they come and his “i dont care how cold it is i play in a t-shirt” act can only impress Arsenal fans i guess. With Bellerin not playing well at all this season we dont have any support from the flanks even though our game relies on it.

play saka LB and Cedric RB. Cant be worse than what we have now.
Not sure how you measure “tough”, but Tierney doesn’t act or play like a guy who is soft in anyway. He is a tough player with a no nonsense personality. Likely a future captain.

Agree Kolasinac is tough as well but an average player. Moving him was fine if we had an alternative plan. Doesn’t seem like we did.

simba

Manberg Again
A soft guy doesn’t beat his man and score like this:
giphy.gif

Nor celebrates like this:
167cd3d22a6ca14e066cbadc45114fb8b75c1dbe.gifv

Only a tough guy could.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought he looked very rusty today. He's a player that relies a lot on his power and intensity, so I'm not really expecting him to be at his best for a while.

It reminds me a lot of Rooney, who needed to play game after game to get his match fitness and rhythm up to speed.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looked lethargic when he came on. That poor cross towards the end summed him up. Maybe he was rushed back too soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom