• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's almost a perfect full back for this day and age. You don't need to be technically perfect to thrive as a FB these days.

Great engine, solid defensively, great acceleration from a standing start and good overall pace, good (spammer) crosser.

That's without taking into account his personality profile. Born winner, vocal, leadership skills, willing to bend the rules, down to earth off the pitch etc.

How can you not love him?

People may say I'm going overboard but he's the most effective LB we've had since A.Cole.
Not knocking Nacho or Clichy, the LB game was different back then and required a different skillset. We never missed either as much as we miss KT when he's unavailable. He may well be more important to our overall game than Saka in fact.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
You said we have no consistent performers.

Saka and Tierney are super consistent. ESR too.
Nah...do not agree with this statement. You can say they are consistently better than the trash that backups them, but they are not consistent as expected due to age. Once Saka starts scoring assisting 20 goals per season...that is consisent. He has a high ceiling just like ESR.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tierney is better, but there was a period were Clichy was amazing for us.

For a one of year, Gael in 2007/2008 is probably as good as you can get in terms of performances from a left back.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nah...do not agree with this statement. You can say they are consistently better than the trash that backups them, but they are not consistent as expected due to age. Once Saka starts scoring assisting 20 goals per season...that is consisent. He has a high ceiling just like ESR.
Saka has 12 goals/assists. There's probably another 4/5 to come from him this season. So he's going to be pushing close to that 20 target you set him. Now considering our **** start to the league I think that's pretty good going.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Tierney is better, but there was a period were Clichy was amazing for us.

For a one of year, Gael in 2007/2008 is probably as good as you can get in terms of performances from a left back.
Clichy was useless. For example, see the penalty in the 2-2 at Birmingham in the Eduardo game in the season you mentioned.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Despite the LB postion being the position in the PL with the most quality it's clear Tierney has been the best LB position this season and should be in the PFA team of the season.
Much as I hate to say it , Shaw has been on fire this season and has easily been Utd’s best player this season (much better than the overrated Fernandes) and the best left back in the league.

Tierney isn’t far behind though.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Much as I hate to say it , Shaw has been on fire this season and has easily been Utd’s best player this season (much better than the overrated Fernandes) and the best left back in the league.

Tierney isn’t far behind though.
He was garbage in the first ten games of the season. He's improved massively though

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I don't let players get close to my heart, not since Joel anyway... But KT stirs the feels. Probably my favourite Arsenal player.
I'd almost given up with this club before we signed him. I think if he leaves that'll be it for me. Christ, I sound like yer man GDeep here.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'd almost given up with this club before we signed him. I think if he leaves that'll be it for me. Christ, I sound like yer man GDeep here.
He just reminds me of a time when football seemed more real, when you might see one of the players walking down the road towards the stadium on matchday, like some people around Highbury would in the early 90's. The Tesco bag, the T-shirts, the pasty skin, and with his classic little wing skills that opposition players know all about but still can't stop him from making a yard on them... He's a proper throwback. I could see why you'd do a @GDeep™ if he left :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He just reminds me of a time when football seemed more real, when you might see one of the players walking down the road towards the stadium on matchday, like some people around Highbury would in the early 90's. The Tesco bag, the T-shirts, the pasty skin, and with his classic little wing skills that opposition players know all about but still can't stop him from making a yard on them... He's a proper throwback. I could see why you'd do a @GDeep™ if he left :lol:

It's not really a 'Gdeep' if you actually leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom