• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah, I might have been a bit strong in my last post as well. All opinions are valid and we don't have the strikers to really capitalise on crosses. I've got a blind spot when it comes to Tierney anyway because I love the way he plays the game - gutsy, direct football. To me he's a game-changer.

mpower2540

He’s gonna have a big job on with Lukaku, he always seemed to love bullying Monreal whenever he played us pulling out to our left hand side. Interested to see how he copes

Tom349

Ignore the space he has allowed down the left as that can be contributed to Saka and tactics to a certain degree but Tierneys defending off the ball is horrible. Constantly playing off his opponent, allowing the easy pass that relieves pressure. He ranks in the bottom 5% for tackles and interceptions for left backs.

All he contributes in attack is a good cross, misses so many chances to actually link up and in doing so pin the opposition back, cannot for the life on him pass inside.

He is very good at certain things but he has many flaws.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would trade him for a LB who can do the basics like passing from the back. It's cool to have an attacking FB, but boy if you can't pass the ball at all Arsenal is definitely no the club for him

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
When we first signed him I worried how he would do defensively as I thought that was a huge weakness of his in Scotland. Obviously it doesn't help that he's so far forward a lot of the time but his positioning has been horrendous lately. Genuinely think LCB in a 3 suits him more.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's worst performance since last week tbf.

Seriously his crossing is absolutely ****. People keep saying if only we had a proper 9 but how often does his crosses hit the first man or go nowhere near the intended target?

Don't even get me started on his defending, tho I always think it's tricky for a FB in a 4 dealing with wingbacks because they essentially become the spare man when the switch is on so not necessarily all Tierney's fault but at the same time he was very poor.

mirrorstare

Tuchel did great exposing him, James had so much fun today.

As expected Tavares was inferior in every aspect, so if his injury is serious we're in huge trouble.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Not a great performance today.But there was a bit in early 2nd half where he chased the ball down in the Chelsea end and his enthusiasm hyped all the Arsenal players for about 10 mins. It was possibly our best spell.

So basically I’m saying he is the Scottish Flavor Flav.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
2 goals was simply his mistake positioning was poor he dropped too narrow and James exposed that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Quad problem according to Arteta.

It's not major injury if it not severe may only need 1 week.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Saka barely tracked back in fairness to Tierney.

Not surprised he blew his squads he booted the ball forward and tried to blow past 3 Chelsea players. Almost did it too :lol:

Pumped the crowd up a bit and we had a half decent spell, but yeah not a good game and our reliance on our left side to progress the ball backfired today - so it’s a tactics issue too.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Fire up the compilations of him crossing to empty spaces, might take our minds off his defending.
Wasn't even bothered with defending this time, the guy literally can't pass from the back. It's either to Leno or he kicks a long ball forward that we lose 99% of the time. After that, it's 5 minutes of deep defending because we can't win the ball either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom