• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Clowns in this thread. Absolute clowns.

If you blame KT for any of the goals and not Arteta/Saka for leaving him 2 v 1 then follow a different sport.

It was only in 2nd half when Saka was clearly asked to track back and KT could concentrate on tucking in and helping out the **** show that was Mari v Lukaku.

don't @me..

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I was one of the supporters that said, give him one more season of consistent performance before giving a bumper new contract. He still had 3 years to run on it.

He was deemed a weak link by Chelsea and they attacked this side.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not his best game and hopefully he is fit for Norwich.

Halcyon Daze

@Halcyon Daze no word on your boy ?
I thought he was impeccable.
Told you he has a long way to go

Yeah I got a word on him. He had a bad game, but he wasn’t the only one. Why single him out? Still one of our best players, and still one of the better LB’s in the league.

And I never said he was impeccable, so again, you thought wrong.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The thing about Tierney is that he is Arteta's general. Yet it is a bit ironic as I don't think he is a positional system player. He isn't comfortable on the ball in tight spaces. He needs space. In a tight space he is more likely to just boot it against an opponent to win a throw. Bit old fashioned. Similar to Walker at City. Just goes into contact and is aggressive and front footed. He isn't intricate in the slightest.

He is the player you want bombing forward on the overlap. Not the player you want high and wide to get involved in build up. It's strange that we push him up so high before we have even progressed the ball seeing as he doesn't have the recovery pace to get back. There is a reason Robertson is the first choice wing back for Scotland. He is better on the ball.

Tierney should be exploding onto the ball to provide crosses on the run. Tavares is actually better on the ball. He is more skillful and comfortable in tight spaces.

A right back who is skillful and who can really contribute to the build up is essential. We should be building up down the right. Tucking Tierney in and when we have good possession, switch the play for him to overlap. He should be closer to the box so it is a cut back rather than an aerial cross.

---------------------------Auba
---ESR--------------Ødegaard-----------Saka
-------Camavinga/Bissouma-Partey
Tierney-------Gabriel-White-----------Baku
--------------------------Ramsdale

That is a midfield box 4 who has pace. So the very base level of our team can at least compete physically.

IstraBalagina

Yeah I got a word on him. He had a bad game, but he wasn’t the only one. Why single him out? Still one of our best players, and still one of the better LB’s in the league.

And I never said he was impeccable, so again, you thought wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I like Tierney and I rate him. I believe he can become a great player for Arsenal in years to come but not under this manager. other young players as well will suffer under this manager

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He had a a bad game, granted. But remember he embarrassed James last season and got a peno out of him? And James is excellent.
All of his good work is done in the final third, but he struggles when we need to build the attack. You pass the ball to him in our own half and he will just kick it forward in panic, losing it for fun. He is a weird player, from top-class to rock bottom in a single game.
It wouldn't be such an issue if we would have a CM and a RB who are good on the ball so they would compensate for Tierney in the build up, but when you set Tierney, Xhaka, and any of our RB's, we just struggle

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He had a a bad game, granted. But remember he embarrassed James last season and got a peno out of him? And James is excellent.
Every one can have bad games its just positioning mistakes not sure who told him to get narrow when we all know Chelsea use wingbacks very well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Every one can have bad games its just positioning mistakes not sure who told him to get narrow when we all know Chelsea use wingbacks very well.
Could have been to help out with Lukaku who we were obviously worried about.

Think Arteta said he considered 3 at the back but just didn't have the personnel (I disagree).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Could have been to help out with Lukaku who we were obviously worried about.

Think Arteta said he considered 3 at the back but just didn't have the personnel (I disagree).
Yes Lukaku is key for them everything yesterday came from him and i agree we should have gone 343 here just for this game would have limit thier danger and it suit the current players we got specially defensively

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Big Tierney fan but he had a poor match by the look of it. Normally very solid defensively, but wasn't at the weekend. He has the character to respond and bounce back from this. We need players like him to drag us out of a tough patch of form (although expecting things to get worse at City before they hopefully get better...)

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Objectively he had a poor game by his standards against Chelsea.

Still that moment that he went on a long bursting run, ultimately lost the ball but still sprinted to close the defender and keeper down, that one moment of effort and commitment lifted the fans and the team for the next 5 minutes.

Some look down their noses at things like 'passion' but moments like that can be very helpful. Ultimately that moment did nothing to change the result, but seeing a player show that level of desire to win the ball back is very endearing and it did change the game for 5 minutes or so.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Glad to hear it was only cramp. Likely from that 5 minute run where he near Baled the Chelsea team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom