• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmile

Established Member
There is a reason you don't normally ask a player to cover LCB and LWB and get the the byline in every single attacking move...

his job in this set up is completely impossible.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Didn't think he really had bad game it's just awful day for most the players can't blame one player bellerin had worse day 3 goals came from his side

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely clueless on the ball, which is a shame because he has a great cross. Everything else from passing, moving forward with the ball, and understanding the attacking game is on League 1 standard.
A very good defender who can't play attacking football but he can cross the ball, I wonder how should any manager use that
How would a manager use a very good defender that can cross the ball? Play him at full back for a start.

Weve still not seen the best of him as he is being played out of position. He isn't a bal playing centre half and if you expect him to be that you're gonna be disappointed.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
How would a manager use a very good defender that can cross the ball? Play him at full back for a start.

Weve still not seen the best of him as he is being played out of position. He isn't a bal playing centre half and if you expect him to be that you're gonna be disappointed.
With that, I agree. The danger of a FB comes with his runs from behind at full speed, but he is receiving the ball in a weird way, often with his back to goal.

He was playing in a more simple setup before, now the plan is to make some kind of combination between him and Saka on the left, both of them look confused

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He put a great ball in that Laca somehow missed. Would be a lot better if we could move to 4 at the back and let him play as a fullback rather than whatever role he’s playing now.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Soley relied on Tierneys runs and crossing ability for our attacking as the front 3 were AWOL until Pepe came on.

Our best player after Gabriel (our only two decent players tonight).

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I mentioned that before the game that Tierney should play LB/LWB as he looks slightly restricted at LCB.

He’s one of the main attacking threats yet we’re giving him a role of a bum to just stay back and defend.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I mentioned that before the game that Tierney should play LB/LWB as he looks slightly restricted at LCB.

He’s one of the main attacking threats yet we’re giving him a role of a bum to just stay back and defend.

We have to play Tierney slightly out of position, so we can play Saka slightly out of position, so we can play Auba slightly out of position...wait a minute...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We have to play Tierney slightly out of position, so we can play Saka slightly out of position, so we can play Auba slightly out of position...wait a minute...

No. Willian and Lacazette should be given a few months off tbh.

Arteta should have gone with a 4-3-3 and stuck Willock in midfield alongside Partey and Elneny with Saka, Auba and Pepe upfront. The defence should have remained the same with Tierney at LB and Bellerin at RB.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You lot can pretend but I thought apart his perfectly executed crosses he was trash and looked scared at times like the rest of the team today.

I don’t see the need in this hybrid centre back/fullback role in matches like this.

An overlapping traditional left back we would probably get more out of him. Along with a forward with the height and strength to make the most of those crosses.

Lacazette, Aubameyang or Eddie aren’t doing anything with those, they all need it to feet.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You lot can pretend but I thought apart his perfectly executed crosses he was trash and looked scared at times like the rest of the team today.

I don’t see the need in this hybrid centre back/fullback role in matches like this.

An overlapping traditional left back we would probably get more out of him. Along with a forward with the height and strength to make the most of those crosses.

Lacazette, Aubameyang or Eddie aren’t doing anything with those, they all need it to feet.
I like Tierney, I get Robertson vibes from him but a little bit less refined in the dribble.

He’s not going to be super intricate but he’ll overlap well and can drive with the ball into the box. We’re playing him too deep, expecting him to make line breaking passes and take part in some intricate triangles. He doesn’t have that in his locker at all.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Feel like the players are just confused and low on confidence. I really like Tierney and can’t imagine him doing this if he had freedom in his play.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Worth remembering that he only had about a third of a season last year. So is still adapting to the step up somewhat.

Plus Arteta’s system and micromanaging every pass. I think we can forgive a few bad games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom