• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Imagine getting rid of two fullbacks capable of playing LB, not bringing anyone and relying upon a player notoriously injury prone. Granted no backup is better than Kolasinac but at that point you either have to keep AMN at any cost or bring in someone preferably a pure left footed LB considering one is apparently vital to our chance creation.

Now we've got two fit FBs both capable of high profile errors. Bit a mess you've got to say but will this club this negligence isn't unexpected. But doesn't make it any less laughable.

It's like that saying, anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and we took a massive gamble relying on the unreliable in an injury prone Tierney and two mediocre right backs.

Tierney being injury prone is a myth,

15/16 - 33 appearances
16/17 - 40 appearances
17/18 - 55 appearances
18/19 - 40 appearances
19/20 - 25 appearances
20/21 - 24 appearances

You don't make 217 first team appearances by the age of 23 if you are the injury prone crock that he is made out to be.

This season he has 24 appearances, to put that in context Xhaka has the most of any outfield player with 26.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Was weirdly content in his post match interview :lol:

Also felt a bit sorry for him in the first half, Mahrez gave him a torrid time and Saka kinda shirked his defensive duties and left him to it.

Atleast he completed 90 mins, so that might mean Cedric and Tierney for Benfica which should make a lot of you happy.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nah man this stuff just triggers me too much now irl.

Can’t be getting mad about these lot before I’ve even had my second coffee :mad:
Thought it was just me :lol:

Auba really needs to take some of these atleast, this is a man's job but he runs down the tunnel after a defeat. He's my boi so it hurts to admit it, but yeah he needs to front up sometimes not only when he scores.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Auba really needs to take some of these atleast, this is a man's job but he runs down the tunnel after a defeat.

I'm fairly sure it's the media who choose who to interview.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Yeah but when David Luiz has one of his disaster classes he’s always first out giving an interview.

Think if the players really want to they can give an interview.

I don't know exactly how it works, but I just know players at the end of the game don't go 'yeah I'll do the interview' etc. I imagine KT was asked to do it either before or just after the game.

Luiz has good English and always been happy to interview and front up, probably why he gets chosen. You think the media who ask Alexis who'd been sent off in first half or something?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What do you mean?
I remember several journo's admitting they liked Sokratis because he always gave them time. Notably he didn't get canned by the media even though him and Özil were literally in the same boat.

I would imagine it's hard to get players to talk after a crushing loss or something controversial and they would be under pressure from their company to get quotes.

I also noted Auba jumped straight back on mic after he broke his duct earlier in the season :lol:

I tend to combat unnecessary Auba criticism but this one seems legit admittedly.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I remember several journo's admitting they liked Sokratis because he always gave them time. Notably he didn't get canned by the media even though him and Özil were literally in the same boat.

I would imagine it's hard to get players to talk after a crushing loss or something controversial and they would be under pressure from their company to get quotes.

I also noted Auba jumped straight back on mic after he broke his duct earlier in the season :lol:

I tend to combat unnecessary Auba criticism but this one seems legit admittedly.

As a broadcaster though you want to get as much out an interview as possible, I usually find they don't ask stupid questions and quite like getting genuine answers, as Maddison does. So for example there's no point asking a stressed out Aubamyang who's not scoring for the first time in his career questions on the game etc because he's not going to give a sh*t.

Better to ask someone like your KT's, Holding's, Leno's or Lacazette's, they'll probably be open to giving more feedback about a game they've lost.

Apart from Luiz, I don't think the media ever asked, Pepe, Xhaka, Gabriel or whoever else about a red card at the end of the game right? They know Luiz is calm enough to explain himself.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

As a broadcaster though you want to get as much out an interview as possible, I usually find they don't ask stupid questions and quite like getting genuine answers, as Maddison does. So for example there's no point asking a stressed out Aubamyang who's not scoring for the first time in his career questions on the game etc because he's not going to give a sh*t.

Better to ask someone like your KT's, Holding's, Leno's or Lacazette's, they'll probably be open to giving more feedback about a game they've lost.

Apart from Luiz, I don't think the media ever asked, Pepe, Xhaka, Gabriel or whoever else about a red card at the end of the game right? They know Luiz is calm enough to explain himself.
Valid points, I can't say I know exactly how it works so you've definitely given me food for thought.

Let's play Aubamawang

Guy was our worst player by far yesterday but people would rather talk about him being a real leader.

The popularity contest is real, couple tesco bags and wearing t shirts in the cold on top of being a white British guy got everyone blinded.
In his defence, he clearly wasn't ready for the game. He was lacking match fitness. That's on Arteta for picking him.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Auba really needs to take some of these atleast, this is a man's job but he runs down the tunnel after a defeat. He's my boi so it hurts to admit it, but yeah he needs to front up sometimes not only when he scores.
He should've never been made captain but then again, would've never been in that situation if our captain at the time didn't decide to hurl expletives and throw the armband on the ground. We really have some shoddy characters as leaders at the club tbf.

Vanfrothan

Love this guy and he has the makings of a really top level fullback but is anyone else concerned about how easy he throws himself down?

I'm always hearing from my mates that it's just part of the game now, but I really can't accept that.

I hate it when other players try and get our players sent off with play acting and holding their face when touched on the chest or something (Alioski springs to mind!) but I hate it even more when it's our players.

Every team has its divers I guess but I always like to think that players need to have a bit more class when playing for our club.

Stay on your feet KT!

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Love this guy and he has the makings of a really top level fullback but is anyone else concerned about how easy he throws himself down?

I'm always hearing from my mates that it's just part of the game now, but I really can't accept that.

I hate it when other players try and get our players sent off with play acting and holding their face when touched on the chest or something (Alioski springs to mind!) but I hate it even more when it's our players.

Every team has its divers I guess but I always like to think that players need to have a bit more class when playing for our club.

Stay on your feet KT!

Not really noticed this. Might be a fitness related thing, did seem to be blowing out of his arse towards the end of the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom