• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

et3rnal

The whole "not enough bad guys" narrative is so annoying. If players show character by standing up for themselves and their team-mates or call out others for their bullshit (like Tierney did there), I like to see that.

Pathetic stuff like Tierney's "head injury" (Evans did the same thing in the first half) on the other hand needs to get out of the game and be punished with suspensions.
For some reason this is has been ingrained into his game over the years. Not excusing it because I hate it myself, but I think it started after his jaw was broken by an Aberdeen player in the Scottish Cup final of 2017. He used to get clattered and battered by thugs in Scotland on the regs and referees used to let it happen.

So since then Tierney has had a tendency to make a meal of nothing challenges in the way you've seen a few times at Arsenal.

Vanfrothan

The whole "not enough bad guys" narrative is so annoying. If players show character by standing up for themselves and their team-mates or call out others for their bullshit (like Tierney did there), I like to see that.

Pathetic stuff like Tierney's "head injury" (Evans did the same thing in the first half) on the other hand needs to get out of the game and be punished with suspensions.

This. 100% agree. Top post.

Just embarrassing himself and the club with the play acting. Other than that, absolutely love this guy.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good performance again and now looks fully fit. Got done once in the box but otherwise did his job well. As for holding his face, so be it as long as it's not a regular thing and too blatant.

Pyres7

Until they punish it properly it's not going anywhere.

Other teams do it to us - Evans in the first half like you said, Alioski got Pepe sent off and none of the pundits said a word about him. It's not our job to change football. We need more players with the win at all costs mentality so I've no problem with Tierney doing it.

I do think he should make it less obvious though, at least hold the part they make contact with instead of your face.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Until they punish it properly it's not going anywhere.

Other teams do it to us - Evans in the first half like you said, Alioski got Pepe sent off and none of the pundits said a word about him. It's not our job to change football. We need more players with the win at all costs mentality so I've no problem with Tierney doing it.

I do think he should make it less obvious though, at least hold the part they make contact with instead of your face.
I tend to agree. I think it is wrong and irritates me, but given that others do it to us I see no reason for our players not to engage in a bit of ****housery.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Have people forgot that Pires used to dive all over the place for us? Hasn't exactly harmed his legacy.

When every other team in the league clamps down on it KT should cut it out, not till then. It's not like he's excessive with it anyway.

He's got a winners mentality, at any cost. Sometimes he might overstep the line a little. I'm okay with it.

He's the first one to get involved and back up his team mates when they've been fouled too, so it's not like he's a wimp on the physicality front .

Pop Tart

Established Member

Mane took Tierney out with a deliberate elbow and no card was shown or var looked into it. Fernandes stomp on xhaka same thing. **** it we need to start doing what teams are doing to us. Dirty Foul and play act.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Despite the LB postion being the position in the PL with the most quality it's clear Tierney has been the best LB position this season and should be in the PFA team of the season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He love these kind of games not surprised with this performance Bale had off game against him. And was always force going forward

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Most on here seem to hate the mulitple crosses he does per game, I love it tbh, he creates so many chances doing it.

Tierney is to spamming crosses, what Cesc was to spamming long range through balls!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember the hate he was getting a while back for daring to tell Pepe to make a run? :lol:

Or for making a joke with a reporter post City loss...think AM just hates good players, tbh.

PFA team of the year needed, or the games gone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom