• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
None of our players will make the 11 for team of the season.

No consisitent performers. Just look at teh league table...laughable. We have good talents for sure though and Tierney and Saka are among them.
Saka isn't consistent? Tierney isn't consistent? We have some consistent performers and those above 2 are some of them. Gabriel is pretty consistent in his first season. ESR has been very good also.

It is our senior pros who have failed with their consistency.

And while I agree that none of our players would make it into a PL team of the season that doesn't mean that they arent decent players. Unfortunately there's a lot of work to do with the team but the young players are the only ones that give me any hope.

The team of the season is going to be Man City plus Bruno and Kane. Very little else.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Can we find a Scottish equivalent at RB and bin Bellerin in the summer.

Consistent performers needed and not fashion models.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
None of our players will make the 11 for team of the season.

No consisitent performers. Just look at teh league table...laughable. We have good talents for sure though and Tierney and Saka are among them.

PFA team of the season spot should be based on a player's indvidual peformance in each position that season not the teams league position.

I agree Saka although has had a good season, he doesnt deserve to be considered as a PFA contender.

I do think Tierney deservedly should get the PFA LB spot. That's even with there being a guge wealth of talent at LB with Shaw, Sp**s LB, Digne and Robertson all of which have been very good this season (just not as good or as consistent as Tierney).

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Get this man a contract extension before City or Chelsea come sniffing around. Luke Shaw wishes he could be him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Players like Kieran Tierney will always be underrated. Not flashy, no great statistics, but personally I think that guys like him are the core of any winning squad.
Not true at all :lol:

Commentary and pundits gush over him weekly, he ticks the guts and desire box and as far as they are concerned he’s our best player.

Most of the fanbase would try and argue he’s the best left back in the league. His stats are also some of the best too.

I think only rival fans are sleeping on him really.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Commentary and pundits gush over him weekly, he ticks the guts and desire box and as far as they are concerned he’s our best player.

Most of the fanbase would try and argue he’s the best left back in the league. His stats are also some of the best too.

It is true though :lol:

I don't like him at all, a lovely character but I don't like his style of play (going forward).

I still rate him as one of the best LBs in Europe, just don't fancy watching him and his awful passing at times and being a kick and run merchant.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It is true though :lol:

I don't like him at all, a lovely character but I don't like his style of play (going forward).

I still rate him as one of the best LBs in Europe, just don't fancy watching him and his awful passing at times and being a kick and run merchant.
People went nuts on me a while back for saying similar things. You’re right he’s far from a technician, but as far as lbs go you don’t get much better so it does feel wrong to complain.

The way fans beg him and turn a blind eye to his mistakes or shortcomings, while piling abuse on other players rubs me the wrong way? But that’s my own problem that I’ve had to come to terms with.

I rate Digne and certain others a bit more going forward but where Tierney stands out for me is he can attack and defend. He’s kinda in his own league in that regard.

ThePortugueseGunner

As an overseas fan, what I was trying to say is that for the world of football in general, you'll most likely never hear the name "Tierney" being mentioned in a lot of football conversations.

And not just because he's a left-back, but because he doesn't have a very flashy play-style. For example, you hear a lot of talking about Alphonso Davies, not because of his overall greatness (he is a very nice player, don't get me wrong), but because of his flashy speed that makes him stand out.

I agree with you, but maybe I didn't express myself clearly!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Celtic have taken at least 5 years off his career. Played him through injury and he must have played about 50 games a season for them.
Retirement end of next season then? Ah well, good while it lasted

Macho

Dusted 🔻

As an overseas fan, what I was trying to say is that for the world of football in general, you'll most likely never hear the name "Tierney" being mentioned in a lot of football conversations.

And not just because he's a left-back, but because he doesn't have a very flashy play-style. For example, you hear a lot of talking about Alphonso Davies, not because of his overall greatness (he is a very nice player, don't get me wrong), but because of his flashy speed that makes him stand out.

I agree with you, but maybe I didn't express myself clearly!
You’re right, I got the wrong end of the stick. What you said makes a lot of sense I overlooked this aspect.

In British culture he’s exactly what you would want in a player. He’s consistent, but on top of this he points and shouts a lot so he gets tons of praise over here.

Players who are withdrawn or not overly emotional on the pitch tend to get over criticised - say Martial for example.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Celtic have taken at least 5 years off his career. Played him through injury and he must have played about 50 games a season for them.

Nah mate, stem cells treatment will give him a brand new set of hips and ankles.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You’re right, I got the wrong end of the stick. What you said makes a lot of sense I overlooked this aspect.

In British culture he’s exactly what you would want in a player. He’s consistent, but on top of this he points and shouts a lot so he gets tons of praise over here.

Players who are withdrawn or not overly emotional on the pitch tend to get over criticised - say Martial for example.

Martial goes missing in about 75% of United matches a season. Nobody would care if he was unemotional if he was banging 20 league goals a season.

However when a player is having a bad game you want to be able to look at the player, making an effort, busting a lung to cover another defender, shouting and instructing team mates and trying to do the basics right. Which is what Tierney does. Martial when United are losing is more interested in his gloves. Could be 30 degrees and he would still have them on.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Saka isn't consistent? Tierney isn't consistent? We have some consistent performers and those above 2 are some of them. Gabriel is pretty consistent in his first season. ESR has been very good also.

It is our senior pros who have failed with their consistency.

And while I agree that none of our players would make it into a PL team of the season that doesn't mean that they arent decent players. Unfortunately there's a lot of work to do with the team but the young players are the only ones that give me any hope.

The team of the season is going to be Man City plus Bruno and Kane. Very little else.
When did I say they arent decent playes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom