• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We need a backup or a player to create competition for the LB position.

A skillful and intelligent left back would do. Don’t want any traditional skilless cross spamming left back.

Pyromaniac

Very poor passing from him yesterday, but that block saved us the point.
Is he going to play for Scotland this week? He needs a break.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What’s his contract situation? Should be putting him on a long term deal with money he deserves.

Most obvious candidate for the captaincy when Aubameyang leaves.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

BBC Website​

Kieran Tierney: Arsenal defender provides three assists in Scotland romp​

Last updated on31 March 202131 March 2021.From the sectionScotland

Kieran Tierney
Kieran Tierney won his 19th cap for Scotland against Faroe Islands
Excellent. Marvellous. Brilliant. Unbelievable. Frighteningly good.
Praise was not in short supply for Kieran Tierney after he provided three assists from centre-back in an eye-opening display as Scotland beat Faroe Islands 4-0.
The Arsenal defender himself settled for "no bad" when asked to appraise his performance. But just how good was the 23-year old in the World Cup qualifier at Hampden?

Where was he playing?​

Steve Clarke was asked as much post-match, with his questioner comparing Tierney to the best player in the school playground rampaging around the pitch.
Although notionally deployed on the left side of a back three - as he had been in the draws against Austria and Israel - Tierney's attacking instincts were far from inhibited in that role.
He barrelled forward with abandon at times, with his three assists a mark of how advanced he was.
Tierney himself sheepishly acknowledged that Clarke "probably wanted me to sit a bit more but I couldn't help myself".
"I just tried my best as always," he added. "I had more time to get forward and I enjoyed it. Everyone knows I like being high and wide and putting crosses in and tonight I did a bit of that."
And how, as both his touch and heat maps show...
Tierney heatmap & touchmap
Tierney rampaged up the entire left flank throughout his 79 minutes on the pitch

'You could see him in Spain or Germany' - analysis​

Former Scotland forward Billy Dodds on Sportsound
He was excellent, marvellous, all the descriptive words you want to use, you can use them. It won't happen against better opposition - your left centre half bombing forward - but it was lovely to watch.
He is a future Arsenal captain for years to come if he keeps going the way he's going. He's got that driving force, the tackling, the pace, the tenacity, but don't forget quality. Everything he does is brilliant. The £25m [fee to buy him from Celtic] was a steal for Arsenal. Even off the pitch, he is so impressive.
Former Scotland defender Willie Miller on Sportsound
The left-hand side of our team is just outstanding, it's fabulous watching Tierney and Andy Robertson. Tierney is the outstanding performer over the three games. The pace, drive and quality he has is unbelievable. He had everything tonight.
He has a platform coming up at the Euros - if he wants to go bigger than Arsenal - to go out and perform against better-quality opposition. I think he can go anywhere. You could see him in Spain or Germany, couldn't you?

Former Scotland midfielder Leanne Crichton on Sportsound
His decision making is frighteningly good, he sees the next one or two passes ahead. He never at any point receives the ball and then has to think what he's doing. He can see the game in front of him.
You just know he's on a different level from most. The only thing he's not got is that he's not English, if he is English he would be linked with everybody.

What did the fans say?​

Macdunes1: Andy Robertson wears Kieran Tierney pyiamas.
Declan: Roberto Carlos has posters of Kieran Tierney on his wall.
Flemski26: Kieran Tierney is Scotland's best player. There's no debate about it
Jamie McIlduff: A Kieran Tierney masterclass tonight playing at cb. What a player.
Golden Golden: Kieran Tierney with a monstrous display.
CraigtonBadBoy: Ye canny no like Kieran Tierney, man.
Danny Murdoch: Surely a big team comes in for Kieran Tierney in the summer.

Zazu

As a scot I'm delighted with KTs performances for Scotland in these internationals. Was by far and away our best player over the course of the three games, and one of the only players to get pass marks from the ****e draw in Israel.

As an Arsenal fan I'm gutted he played all 3 games, could really have done with him being rested for at least 1.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

As a scot I'm delighted with KTs performances for Scotland in those internationals. Was by far and away our best player over the coarse of the three games, and one of the only players to get pass marks from the ****e draw in Israel.

As an Arsenal fan I'm gutted he played all 3 games, could really have done with him being rested for at least 1.

I would have thought it'd be in Scotland's best interest to be a little bit cautious especially with the Euros coming up. Then again from a managers perspective I can understand wanting your best team to play together as much as possible.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
KT's one of those that proves how important mentality and attitude are in football.

I love him but there's nothing about him technically that's jaw dropping.

He's by far the most likeable player in our squad too. He'd run through a brick wall to win a match. You can't teach that sort of attitude.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I would have thought it'd be in Scotland's best interest to be a little bit cautious especially with the Euros coming up. Then again from a managers perspective I can understand wanting your best team to play together as much as possible.

Weren't they playing World Cup qualifiers?

So dumb that they’ve had to fit three big games in for some teams because of this stupid winter World Cup.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Weren't they playing World Cup qualifiers?

So dumb that they’ve had to fit three big games in for some teams because of this stupid winter World Cup.
They had to increase from two matches to three because the qualifiers were supposed to take place in the summer, but obviously now that can't happen due to the Euros being re-scheduled.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

BBC Website​

Kieran Tierney: Arsenal defender provides three assists in Scotland romp​

Last updated on31 March 202131 March 2021.From the sectionScotland

Kieran Tierney
Kieran Tierney won his 19th cap for Scotland against Faroe Islands
Excellent. Marvellous. Brilliant. Unbelievable. Frighteningly good.
Praise was not in short supply for Kieran Tierney after he provided three assists from centre-back in an eye-opening display as Scotland beat Faroe Islands 4-0.
The Arsenal defender himself settled for "no bad" when asked to appraise his performance. But just how good was the 23-year old in the World Cup qualifier at Hampden?

Where was he playing?​

Steve Clarke was asked as much post-match, with his questioner comparing Tierney to the best player in the school playground rampaging around the pitch.
Although notionally deployed on the left side of a back three - as he had been in the draws against Austria and Israel - Tierney's attacking instincts were far from inhibited in that role.
He barrelled forward with abandon at times, with his three assists a mark of how advanced he was.
Tierney himself sheepishly acknowledged that Clarke "probably wanted me to sit a bit more but I couldn't help myself".
"I just tried my best as always," he added. "I had more time to get forward and I enjoyed it. Everyone knows I like being high and wide and putting crosses in and tonight I did a bit of that."
And how, as both his touch and heat maps show...
Tierney heatmap & touchmap
Tierney rampaged up the entire left flank throughout his 79 minutes on the pitch

'You could see him in Spain or Germany' - analysis​

Former Scotland forward Billy Dodds on Sportsound
He was excellent, marvellous, all the descriptive words you want to use, you can use them. It won't happen against better opposition - your left centre half bombing forward - but it was lovely to watch.
He is a future Arsenal captain for years to come if he keeps going the way he's going. He's got that driving force, the tackling, the pace, the tenacity, but don't forget quality. Everything he does is brilliant. The £25m [fee to buy him from Celtic] was a steal for Arsenal. Even off the pitch, he is so impressive.
Former Scotland defender Willie Miller on Sportsound
The left-hand side of our team is just outstanding, it's fabulous watching Tierney and Andy Robertson. Tierney is the outstanding performer over the three games. The pace, drive and quality he has is unbelievable. He had everything tonight.
He has a platform coming up at the Euros - if he wants to go bigger than Arsenal - to go out and perform against better-quality opposition. I think he can go anywhere. You could see him in Spain or Germany, couldn't you?

Former Scotland midfielder Leanne Crichton on Sportsound
His decision making is frighteningly good, he sees the next one or two passes ahead. He never at any point receives the ball and then has to think what he's doing. He can see the game in front of him.
You just know he's on a different level from most. The only thing he's not got is that he's not English, if he is English he would be linked with everybody.

What did the fans say?​

Macdunes1: Andy Robertson wears Kieran Tierney pyiamas.
Declan: Roberto Carlos has posters of Kieran Tierney on his wall.
Flemski26: Kieran Tierney is Scotland's best player. There's no debate about it
Jamie McIlduff: A Kieran Tierney masterclass tonight playing at cb. What a player.
Golden Golden: Kieran Tierney with a monstrous display.
CraigtonBadBoy: Ye canny no like Kieran Tierney, man.
Danny Murdoch: Surely a big team comes in for Kieran Tierney in the summer.

Danny Murdoch 😤😡🤬

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Scotland should be lucky to have two of the best left backs in the world.
I’m not saying Reguilon is good. But if you watch 1:32-1:38, this is the type of left back we want. Skillful on the ball, dribble inside into a more dangerous zone, instead of running wide like traditional fullback. Keeping th ball on the ground, cross low instead of spamming useless hoof ball high crosses.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m not saying Reguilon is good. But if you watch 1:32-1:38, this is the type of left back we want. Skillful on the ball, dribble inside into a more dangerous zone, instead of running wide like traditional fullback. Keeping th ball on the ground, cross low instead of spamming useless hoof ball high crosses.

I bet you'd have creamed your pants if we'd gotten Junior Firpo instead :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

KT's one of those that proves how important mentality and attitude are in football.

I love him but there's nothing about him technically that's jaw dropping.

He's by far the most likeable player in our squad too. He'd run through a brick wall to win a match. You can't teach that sort of attitude.
100% agree with this! Every team needs a couple of KT type players. Good players with a great attitude. Very happy with got him. Future captain no doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom