• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We need to learn from our mistakes. Tierney is already on 80K per week. We should not be giving 100K per week contracts until we start moving up on the table.

Also look at Bellerin, prior to his injury, City were interested in him for 40 million. Now, we will be lucky to get 10 million.

We need to priotise the spine. A great goalkeeper or CM is worth more than a left back.

I standby my opinion. Just because he seems a good ole boy, doesnt mean we should not critic him. Lets not make out like Tierney isn't replaceable.
You're forgetting the fact that he's a very good full back who can create and score. If we don't secure him and show some appreciation, someone else will and we lose him. If we keep losing our best players, we go ****ing nowhere. It's as simple as that. He's future captain material and we haven't got much of that stuff.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
You're forgetting the fact that he's a very good full back who can create and score. If we don't secure him and show some appreciation, someone else will and we lose him. If we keep losing our best players, we go ****ing nowhere. It's as simple as that. He's future captain material and we haven't got much of that stuff.

There is lots of good full backs in the world that can do same job. They wont cost 100K per week. Tierney is actually overpaid as he seems to always get injured.

Lets see if Tierney can put a consistent. season together before talks of a renewal. He still has 3 years left on his contract that he signed willfully.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Suppose you use same analogy then for Ceballos.

Ødegaard is levels below Emile Smith Rowe.
I agree with you on the Tierney part if we can get 40mil then sell and replace with another non injury prone, good LB. We can even play Saka there if we go for an AM.

But claiming that esr is levels above Ødegaard is some delusional stuff

Arsenal1508

I agree with you on the Tierney part if we can get 40mil then sell and replace with another non injury prone, good LB. We can even play Saka there if we go for an AM.

But claiming that esr is levels above Ødegaard is some delusional stuff
We will see how their careers finish. ESR will score minimum 10 goals next season. He should be groomed as next captain.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Great news.

Aside from a freak shoulder injury and signing when he was already injured Tierney has missed 9 games for us.

That's not a massive amount of games in two seasons.

Arsenal1508

Really hope this is true, Tierney is a fantastic player, versatile, a leader and equally strong in defence and attack. He's only going to get better as well so long as he stays fit. This is a guy you build your team around.
Only a **** team builds a team around a left back. Maybe your wording was off.

Dont care if he is Cafu, Dani Alves, Roberto Carlos or Maldini, no great team builds around a left back. It is a supplementary role.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Only a **** team builds a team around a left back. Maybe your wording was off.

Dont care if he is Cafu, Dani Alves, Roberto Carlos or Maldini, no great team builds around a left back. It is a supplementary role.
You don't rate Tierney so fair enough, I think you can though. With 11 players on the pitch, any of them can make a difference. Ashley Cole was a huge player for us who Wenger talked about being his biggest regret (losing him over salary demands).

Full backs have always been important but even more so now. Chelsea are about to spend £55m on one for example. Maldini, Cafu, Alves and Carlos would all be players to build your team around as well 100%

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Had a joiner around mine earlier in the week. Big Scotland fan. Follows them to every away game ( Leeds fan in English football, so he obviously has a bit of dubious judgement :lol: ) but he rates KT over Robertson for Scotland.

Sort of player that we need to tie down long term. Makes a good statement regarding rewarding top performers.

Arsenal1508

You don't rate Tierney so fair enough, I think you can though. With 11 players on the pitch, any of them can make a difference. Ashley Cole was a huge player for us who Wenger talked about being his biggest regret (losing him over salary demands).

Full backs have always been important but even more so now. Chelsea are about to spend £55m on one for example. Maldini, Cafu, Alves and Carlos would all be players to build your team around as well 100%
I rate Tierney...of course I do. I do not think he is worth a contract raise yet as it is not like that he gives back his salary when he is injured. I also do not think he is mature enough to be a captain as it should be a more integral player from spine of the team. GK, CB, CM Or CF.
But we have lowered our sstndards to evaluate players because we are ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom