• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Huh?

A big centre forward doesn't mean you don't play nice football. A big centre forward gives you variety which is a good thing. If we've Esr and Ødegaard feeding balls to Pepe and Saka then have the option of going out wide for crosses or even direct that's perfect. It allows us to play every style of football and makes us less predictable. Teams won't just shuttle us out wide knowing we are hopeless.

Also if you watched us last season you'll see we played our best football when we took the lead. If we can get a forward in to finish these chances it'll give us a cushion and confidence to play more on the deck whilst encouraging the opposition to come out more as they need to chase the game.
The guy wants us to pass the ball into the net.

If he had his way, he'd want us not to shoot from outside the box.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The guy wants us to pass the ball into the net.

If he had his way, he'd want us not to shoot from outside the box.

I enjoy quick and intricate passing interplay too, but even that style can get predictable. Just like with Barca before Bayern put them to the sword in the CL.

Totally destroyed them. You can't just have little guys passing a thousands times in triangles all game. You need diversity.

Direct football, can kill teams on the counter with pace, power and precision. Even in possession, try to move the ball as quickly as possible. What made Barca fun to watch was the dynamism of Messi and Dani Alves. Iniesta at times would show a bit of magic.

The 07/08 team were so fun to watch cause they had three forwards with different styles. RVP, Eduardo and Adebayor.

Ade was like 6'4 and scored a decent amount of headers, could hold up, mobile and better on the ball than Giroud. What I hate is cross and hope football, just putting it in there hoping for the best with no target in sight. Everything should be done with a purpose.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I enjoy quick and intricate passing interplay too, but even that style can get predictable. Just like with Barca before Bayern put them to the sword in the CL.

Totally destroyed them. You can't just have little guys passing a thousands times in triangles all game. You need diversity.

Direct football, can kill teams on the counter with pace, power and precision. Even in possession, try to move the ball as quickly as possible. What made Barca fun to watch was the dynamism of Messi and Dani Alves. Iniesta at times would show a bit of magic.

The 07/08 team were so fun to watch cause they had three forwards with different styles. RVP, Eduardo and Adebayor.

Ade was like 6'4 and scored a decent amount of headers, could hold up, mobile and better on the ball than Giroud. What I hate is cross and hope football, just putting it in there hoping for the best with no target in sight. Everything should be done with a purpose.
“I enjoy quick and intricate passing interplay too, but even that style can get predictable. Just like with Barca before Bayern put them to the sword in the CL.”

I agree that quick short passing play can be predictable. That’s why we need to mix up slow and quick play to change the tempo. We also need interchanging of position, the use of overloading, individual skills, to create space and drag the opponent defenders out of place. Don’t have to play direct.

“The 07/08 team were so fun to watch cause they had three forwards with different styles. RVP, Eduardo and Adebayor. Ade was like 6'4 and scored a decent amount of headers, could hold up, mobile and better on the ball than Giroud. What I hate is cross and hope football, just putting it in there hoping for the best with no target in sight. Everything should be done with a purpose.”

If we have Van Persie, Hleb, Fabregas, Flamini and Rosicky playing at the same time. We were the most entertaining team and we were unstoppable. However, first, sometimes Wenger put blind faith on useless players, so some other players are given chances instead of the above mentioned players, and second, they had injury at different times, so they rarely all played together.

Agree, I hate cross and hope football too.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I very much doubt he would waste so many attacks with his stupid crossing without approval from Arteta. He is better than what we see so often but his contribution is either a pointless cross or back pass to Leno, which is definitely not good enough. If the plan from Arteta is to use Tierney this way, we definitely need a new CF before the season starts as this is just not working for us atm.

Tavares looks like a complete solution going forward, we just need to wait and see how he defends.

Squillaci

Don't really like that he is falling that much and pretending to be hurt. I hate when players do that and he's been doing it more and more lately.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Don't really like that he is falling that much and pretending to be hurt. I hate when players do that and he's been doing it more and more lately.
Eboue dived for the free kick that put us 1-0 up in the '06 CL final. In a parallel universe, where Henry had tucked that later chance away when he was clean through, would the trophy have been devalued for you in some way?

Simulation is currently rife in the Prem. I wholeheartedly agree its not a good look, but here is currently no advantage to being the only team that abstains from the practice.

Squillaci

Eboue dived for the free kick that put us 1-0 up in the '06 CL final. In a parallel universe, where Henry had tucked that later chance away when he was clean through, would the trophy have been devalued for you in some way?

Simulation is currently rife in the Prem. I wholeheartedly agree its not a good look, but here is currently no advantage to being the only team that abstains from the practice.
To be honest, it would. Especially because there was no contact.
It's cheating.

Just because everybody else does it, doesn't mean we have to.

I am not saying there aren't times during the game when other team does it, I am happy when we have the lead and start doing it just to get back at them, but still, I hated teams that do that and don't want our players to do that excessively.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The only thing that bothers me about his play acting is the fans talking it up like he’s doing something sick, or doing the club a favour everytime someone says they don’t like it.

Should be ridiculed or a non event just like when our other players do it.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Any good manager would make him captain and embrace his fiery passion. He can defend like his position is supposed to but the lad can play and is a.celtic fan. He is awesome

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We have to do this to get a ref to give us a decision. As an injury prone player, it might be a good form of protection. Our opponents only get reds when our players are literally broken. We just have to be clever.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Any good manager would make him captain and embrace his fiery passion. He can defend like his position is supposed too but the lad can play and is a.celtic fan. He is awesome
The way he protects Arteta is not so awesome
You want him to say he is ****????

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Knee-jerk reaction to tonight, but this guy only has two moves. A blind cross or a blind shot. Games like tonight I'd take even Kolasinac tbh, at least he can do something other than stick to the byline doing the same **** all night...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Knee-jerk reaction to tonight, but this guy only has two moves. A blind cross or a blind shot. Games like tonight I'd take even Kolasinac tbh, at least he can do something other than stick to the byline doing the same **** all night...
He's been our main creative and shot maker tonight, from left back. Two or three chances on a plate tonight. I'm not really sure what else you can want from a left back.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
You summed it up with 'knee-jerk'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom