<

Kieran Tierney: The Best Scottish Leftback

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by bingobob, Aug 1, 2020.

1. aevi

aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Good player, not-so-great game. It happens.

2. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

This, feel he was rushed back for this though not a full excuse. He was poor but he come back stronger. Top professional

3. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

Frustrating to see him in a 3 at the back. Yes the system allows him to push to a LB in possession but its not getting the best out of him.

lamby22 likes this.
  4. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Whilst I have the same attitude about most of our players, Kolasinac or Holding would get murdered for this kind of performance.

He got dominated and personally I don’t think it would be a one off. A motivated Salah does this to him 9 times out of 10 for me.

Trilly, BigPoppaPump and krackpot like this.
  5. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

horrible game. **** happens.

6. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

did you even watch the end of last season? He thrived there, better than I've seen him play at LB by quite some margin.

He just had one bad game, no generalisations necessary

7. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Just had a very bad game. Still a good player.

I do think he's more suited to LB in a 4, because he doesn't have the passing range to play out from the back as a CB.

His major strength is his engine down the flank and he is quite a good dribbler, but a below average passer.

He's solid defensively normally so he looks good in our park-the-bus tactics, but it's not playing to his strengths.

8. thierrytheking14

thierrytheking14 Well-Known Member

Who's generalising? Did I slate him for having a bad game? I simply said that I find it frustrating having him so deep. He's a solid defender but he offers so much going forward.

Maybe it's just my dislike for the system that frustrates me but in no way did I have a pop at him based on yesterday's match.

9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

You're one of the only posters I see that don't gobble Tierney's nuts, he's a good LB but isn't this perfect amazing player people act like he is.

But you see what I mean with the popularity contest right? Tesco bag fiasco was embarrassing.

ItWasMeBarry and Macho like this.
  10. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Agreed, Tierney is good but yeah he’s got some growing to do.

I do wonder why he’s not playing the wingback position instead of AMN though. Has a better cross on him from the left and you’d think he would provide balance being naturally left footed. We could start Gabriel alongside Luiz as well.

Hleb's Sirush likes this.
  11. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

First poor performance in Arsenal shirt and it was against the best team in league, against one the best players in the league in Salah and playing at His non natural postion of CB.

Trilly, lufere7, lamby22 and 3 others like this.
  12. Kevin Keegan

Kevin Keegan Member

13. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see him playing in his proper position again.

Taxi Driver likes this.
  14. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

15. lamby22

lamby22 It's Not Lupus

The Luke Shaw one :lol:

Gooner Zig and OnlyOne like this.
  16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He’s placing his hands behind his back when defending, probably scared of conceding a handball, and it’s affecting his defending a bit.

17. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Luiz was doing it a lot as well, not surprised with the silly law and diabolical refereeing.

Manberg likes this.
  18. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Will miss the city clash due to having to isolate for 14 days.

19. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Probably got it at Tescos obligatory comment.

DanDare likes this.
  20. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

The Scottish FA can **** off. If we test him next week and it comes back negative he plays. How many of Liverpool’s players had to self isolate after being in close contact with Mane? None of them. They all got tested and carried on.

razörist, lamby22, Trilly and 4 others like this.